ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependent to Tier 2 main applicant.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

varshashastri
India

Switching from tier 2 dependent to tier 2 general in UK

Post by varshashastri » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:29 am

Hello experts,
My husband is on tier 2 dependent visa with his visa expiring in 2022. His company is willing to sponsor him a tier 2 visa and his job is in shortage of occupation.
We saw the new guidance on:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
It says:
You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
Does my husband's situation fall under this condition?
Can he apply from UK itself now?
Thanks
Varsha

venkatesh2111
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatesh2111 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:32 am

Hi , I am Tier 2 general dependent I have visa till Sep 2021. However I would like to apply for tier 2 general main applicant visa from UK as I got COS from a sponsor. Due to covid 19 I would like to apply for Visa from UK. Is there any possibility to do that or do I need to travel India for application?

Many thanks,

cuckobirds
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 General dependent to Tier 2 main applicant.

Post by cuckobirds » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi , Let me know if there is an update. we are also in the same boat.
thanks in advance.

venkatesh2111
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatesh2111 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi , I am Tier 2 general dependent  I have visa till Sep 2021. However I would like to apply for tier 2 general main applicant visa from UK as I got COS from a sponsor. Due to covid 19 I would like to apply for Visa from UK. Is there any possibility to do that or do I need to travel India for application?

Many thanks