ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mustafash
Newly Registered
Syria

Naturalisation online form

Post by Mustafash » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi,

I am seeking advise with regards to filling out the naturalisation form online. I am hoping that someone with knowledge and expertise will be able to guide me on this.

I know its probably a simple question that doesnt require too much thinking in to but when your paying large sums for several members of the family you would like to be sure your filling it right.

My query relates to the question regarding travel documents.

I am asked "Do you have a travel document?"

Initially I answered YES but was then told the expiry date had to be in the future as my docs expired in Apr 2019. Therefore, i went back and changed my answer to NO.

I was then asked if i have an identity card or expired passport. My answer to both was NO because i am a refugee.

When asked to "Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification" is replied with:

I do not have valid travel document as it expired in Apr 2019. However, i can provide the following details:

Travel Doc No.
Date of Issue
Date of Expiry
Issuing Authority

I would like to know if the top questions and answers are sufficient to back my application with the Home Office.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation online form

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:10 pm

You only need to post once. Your topic has been posted!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:10 pm
There is some technical fault in the forum. Once you post, the post is not submitted and then you have to submit again. Many members therefore end up posting multiple times.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
There is some technical fault in the forum. Once you post, the post is not submitted and then you have to submit again. Many members therefore end up posting multiple times.
I am aware of that as board admin has communicated with the moderators. Members should at least check if a topic is posted before just resubmitting again and again and again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Mustafash wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi,

I am seeking advise with regards to filling out the naturalisation form online. I am hoping that someone with knowledge and expertise will be able to guide me on this.

I know its probably a simple question that doesnt require too much thinking in to but when your paying large sums for several members of the family you would like to be sure your filling it right.

My query relates to the question regarding travel documents.

I am asked "Do you have a travel document?"

Initially I answered YES but was then told the expiry date had to be in the future as my docs expired in Apr 2019. Therefore, i went back and changed my answer to NO.

I was then asked if i have an identity card or expired passport. My answer to both was NO because i am a refugee.

When asked to "Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification" is replied with:

I do not have valid travel document as it expired in Apr 2019. However, i can provide the following details:

Travel Doc No.
Date of Issue
Date of Expiry
Issuing Authority

I would like to know if the top questions and answers are sufficient to back my application with the Home Office.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks
Yes thats fine. The online form first asks for a VALID passport which you do not have as it must be with Home Office already. Plus its expired already.
Then asks about the travel document. Its classifies it as a VALID travel document. Since, your travel document is expired you are correct to mention NO and then explain why you can not provide a valid travel document in the next question. I would urge you to also mention this in the cover letter and explain.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
I am aware of that as board admin has communicated with the moderators. Members should at least check if a topic is posted before just resubmitting again and again and again.
Not all newly registered members are that tech savvy. But yea would be good if all are. Must be frustrating for you I understand as you have to clean up but then not entirely new member’s fault either. Just my opinion.