ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to 5 year route from 10 year route - Super Priority

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Europeflower
Newly Registered

Ilr domestic violence eligibility

Post by Europeflower » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello there,
Could someone kindly help me with this...
I came to the U.K. in early 2015 on visiting visa with two of my kid. We overstayed due to certain issues back home then I claimed asylum in early 2017. I had a British child during asylum claim and I was granted leave as a parent on family and private life at initial decision. I didn’t appeal asylum refusal( I was not experienced).
The father of my child and I got in civil partnership a year later and I switched to partner visa. Unfortunately, the relationship has broken down due to domestic violence. I have non molestation order, police caution evidence, gp report, witness report etc to support my claim.
The problem is that I’m not sure if I’m eligible to go down this route and apply for ilr under domestic violence as the HO guidance says that the applicants first grant under appendix FM should’ve been as a spouse but I was already granted as a parent during asylum before switching to spouse.
Am I still eligible to apply? Or have I interpreted the eligibility criteria wrong?
Someone kindly help me🙏🏾🙏🏾

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ilr domestic violence eligibility

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 pm

For ilr based in domestic violence, you need to hold a qualifying visa, ie a spouse visa. You hold a FLR fp parent visa based in your British child and not based in your partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Europeflower
Newly Registered

Re: Ilr domestic violence eligibility

Post by Europeflower » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:21 pm

I switched into partner visa a year after parent visa

Europeflower
Newly Registered

Switching to 5 year route from 10 year route - Super Priority

Post by Europeflower » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 pm

Hello there, I’m looking at doing super priority service in the next 4 months to switch to 5 years route visa as I’m currently on 10 year route. I’ll be applying with 3 dependent children. Do I have to Pay £800 for my application onlyand it covers my dependent children too

or I have to pay £800 multiplied by 4 =£3200 for me and my dependent?

Any response will be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to 5 year route from 10 year route - Super Priority

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am

Topics merged. Please do NOT post your questions in the ILR sub forum in the COVID Biometric appointments topic. Your questions are NOT relevant to that topic.
Hello there, I’m looking at doing super priority service in the next 4 months to switch to 5 years route visa as I’m currently on 10 year route. I’ll be applying with 3 dependent children.
Super priority is currently suspended and no indication of when UKVI will start the service again. Note that Super Priority is a UKVI service and NOT a UKCVAS Sopra Steria biometric appointment service.
Do I have to Pay £800 for my application onlyand it covers my dependent children too
No it does not cover your children.
or I have to pay £800 multiplied by 4 =£3200 for me and my dependent?
You have to pay £800 for EACH applicant applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Europeflower
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to 5 year route from 10 year route - Super Priority

Post by Europeflower » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply