ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner Visa Query Regarding Cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danie_boe
Newly Registered

Partner Visa Query Regarding Cohabitation

Post by danie_boe » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:54 am

I am Living in UK since Last three years on a Student Visa, I have British Partner she has three childrens, her husband got separated from her in Dec 2019. It has been 4 Months i am with her but i know her since last 2 years . we are planning to file Partner Visa in Jan 2021. we are living together from this Month (July) . we are in genuine relationship and wanted to live together . Any Suggestion guys i would really appreciate it, should i wait to complete 2 years cohabitation or should i apply in Jan 2021. She is Earning From her Two Jobs More than 30K. I need your Serious Experience specially for Cohabitation Part.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner Visa Query Regarding Cohabitation

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 am

For an unmarried partner, it is mandatory to provide 2 years evidence of living together in a relationship akin to marriage, showing evidence of joint household and financial commitments.

Without this evidence, your application for an unmarried partner visa will likely fail, as you will simply be viewed as boyfriend/girlfriend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Partner Visa Query Regarding Cohabitation

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:55 pm

danie_boe wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:54 am
, I have British Partner she has three childrens, her husband got separated from her in Dec 2019. It has been 4 Months i am with her but i know her since last 2 years .
I don't think so that even the effectuation of cohabitation during the time she will be remained officially married despite separated would be deemed as akin to marriage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.