ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS surcharge refund due to redundancy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

IHS surcharge refund due to redundancy

Post by ejz127 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:49 am

Hello,

I was made a redundant this Feb and my tier 2 visa has one year and a half left.
My new job (tier 2 again) will start in July and still the previous tier 2 visa has one year left.
Can I have a refund for IHS surcharge of 1 year left?
I know if you change your job with your intention, you cannot get a refund but I was sacked so wonder if I can get a refund.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS surcharge refund due to redundancy

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 am

Being sacked has nothing to do with IHS, so no unlikely you will get a refund as you presumably are still on the same visa.

The IHS is relevant to your visa you hold and the visa validity you were granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ejz127
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by ejz127 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 am
Being sacked has nothing to do with IHS, so no unlikely you will get a refund as you presumably are still on the same visa.

The IHS is relevant to your visa you hold and the visa validity you were granted.

Thank you for your reply.
I paid for IHS twice for the next year as my first tier 2 visa is until next year.

It's the same tier 2 but I am applying for the second tier 2 as I was sacked. So I am paying IHS twice. Still cannot I get a refund?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm

You should be able to receive an IHS refund for the time remaining in your old visa, the same happened to me and I got a refund earlier this year.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... 91207.html

Hope it helps!