ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abhardwaj1390

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:31 am

I would say wait until tomorrow 4th July. Everything will be more clearer.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:32 am

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point.

UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment but to wait for an email which will give you further information and next steps.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jivda
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by jivda » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:55 pm

URGENT help needed!

Hi All

I have my UKVCAS appointment tomorrow morning. I've uploaded all my documents online, but I just saw in the confirmation email it said I need to bring all original copies even if I have uploaded my documents online. I don't have the originals of some of them (grandfather's birth certificate, for example) and I don't have a printer at home. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow? Do I need to print out everything even though I've uploaded the PDFs on the UKVCAS portal? Seems like a waste of paper...

Thanks in advance for the speedy reply...!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:27 pm

jivda wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:55 pm
URGENT help needed!

Hi All

I have my UKVCAS appointment tomorrow morning. I've uploaded all my documents online, but I just saw in the confirmation email it said I need to bring all original copies even if I have uploaded my documents online. I don't have the originals of some of them (grandfather's birth certificate, for example) and I don't have a printer at home. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow? Do I need to print out everything even though I've uploaded the PDFs on the UKVCAS portal? Seems like a waste of paper...

Thanks in advance for the speedy reply...!
No need. Take originals you have
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi friends, UKVi has just sent an email to my brother notifying him that he will not be attending biometric appointments because they gonna reuse his old biometric. I don't know how to attach the letter here otherwise I should have done so.
He applied for ILR in April 2020. It's a good news I guess.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:31 pm

When did your brother apply?

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Freetownean2 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm
Hi friends, UKVi has just sent an email to my brother notifying him that he will not be attending biometric appointments because they gonna reuse his old biometric. I don't know how to attach the letter here otherwise I should have done so.
This is definitely good news. Do you mind telling us when your brother last provided his biometric info? Just keen to understand if there is any time limit. Thanks.

Innovation10
Newly Registered

Post by Innovation10 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Freetownean2 wrote:
I applied on 6 April and received the email below;

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

What if I need my visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please visit the UKVI website here.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:09 pm

I’ve received the exact same email. I applied on the 23rd of April. We now have to wait for further information on how to send our photographs

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 pm

I’ve received the exact same email. I applied on the 23rd of April. We now have to wait for further information on how to send our photographs

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Innovation10 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm
Freetownean2 wrote:

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
Wonder how quickly this will move as the dependency on UKVCAS will mean developing software they don’t currently have. The functionality itself is something they could bang out over a weekend but UKVCAS has somehow managed to make life difficult for people already so I think they’ll manage nicely. Insane to think of the now thousands of paid £110 appointments that have gone unused since June the 1st.

Seems like it’ll be in order of application on a monthly basis - so exciting to think of my long wait ahead.

Innovation10
Newly Registered

Post by Innovation10 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:28 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 pm
Innovation10 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm
Freetownean2 wrote:

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
Wonder how quickly this will move as the dependency on UKVCAS will mean developing software they don’t currently have. The functionality itself is something they could bang out over a weekend but UKVCAS has somehow managed to make life difficult for people already so I think they’ll manage nicely. Insane to think of the now thousands of paid £110 appointments that have gone unused since June the 1st.

Seems like it’ll be in order of application on a monthly basis - so exciting to think of my long wait ahead.
My thoughts exactly. Saying they’ll be in touch in the next few weeks is not exactly reassuring; however, their stated motive is to accelerate the process so hopefully, we won’t have to wait for too long.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm

That’s true but seems like it’ll be more of by July end that all of this will start to yield results. I’ll just strap in and try to stop thinking about all this until then.

ssm026
Newly Registered
India

Post by ssm026 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:58 pm

All,

I received similar email from UKVCAS today stating I have been selected for the new process of Biometrics. In the email they mention they will be in touch over the "next few weeks" as they work on the process to get the recent picture for BRP card if a favourable decision is made.

I applied on 29th May 2020 and I was asked to share document by W&S team on 4th june on email.

While I'm happy to see the progress, not sure if they have just created another bottleneck as they dont have a way to get the picture of people shortlisted under this approach leading to further delay.

Fingers crossed.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 pm

ssm026 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:58 pm
All,

I received similar email from UKVCAS today stating I have been selected for the new process of Biometrics. In the email they mention they will be in touch over the "next few weeks" as they work on the process to get the recent picture for BRP card if a favourable decision is made.

I applied on 29th May 2020 and I was asked to share document by W&S team on 4th june on email.

While I'm happy to see the progress, not sure if they have just created another bottleneck as they dont have a way to get the picture of people shortlisted under this approach leading to further delay.

Fingers crossed.
Ah! Interesting. Ok now I believe it’ll be much better than I feared given your dates. I applied yesterday so curious as to what the cut off date is for people who are being shortlisted. Can you tell me if you have a home office reference number in your application ? I didn’t and I wonder if that’s what makes a difference. HO just needs to process applications according to date applied and I don’t think the process of sending documents needs to be under the same constraints.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi,
I received the email from WandS as well. I did send the required documents to them. Do I still need to upload the documents on the UKVCAS also?

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi,
I received the email from "W&S Contingency Casework Document Return" as well. I did send the required documents to them. Do I still need to upload the documents on the UKVCAS also?

Regards,
Moal

corasson

Post by corasson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm

Hello people, I hope you are doing all well. Just to share my update. I have applied for my Set lr in May before the expiry date. And like most of you waiting to book an appointment with Ukvcas. I just received an email this evening from ukvcas informing me that my previous fingerprints will be use in oder to process my application and that I will not need to book any appointment with ukvcas. They are launching a new facial recognition system and I will be informed in due cause when and how to proceed. Sorry i couldn't paste the link they added in the email fmi, but this is the bit of it.
<< If you’ve given your fingerprints before

If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment.>>

I'm sure some of you will receive the same mail,

Good night

corasson

Post by corasson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 pm

Hello people, I hope you are doing all well. Just to share my update. I have applied for my Set lr in May before the expiry date. And like most of you waiting to book an appointment with Ukvcas. I just received an email this evening from ukvcas informing me that my previous fingerprints will be use in oder to process my application and that I will not need to book any appointment with ukvcas. They are launching a new facial recognition system and I will be informed in due cause when and how to proceed. Sorry i couldn't paste the link they added in the email fmi, but this is the bit of it.
<< If you’ve given your fingerprints before

If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment.>>

I'm sure some of you will receive the same mail,

Good night

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm

I had applied online on 9th May. Got the below email from UKVCAS in the last hour.

-----------
If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
--------------------

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:04 pm

I have applied on 13th April. No email yet

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm
I had applied online on 9th May. Got the below email from UKVCAS in the last hour.

-----------
If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
--------------------
Hi, I've submitted my SET (LR) application on 15th May and didn't receive any emails yet.
Could you please tell us when did you give your last biometric. It will give us an idea about their time length consideration.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm

-----------

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
--------------------
Hi, I've submitted my SET (LR) application on 15th May and didn't receive any emails yet.
Could you please tell us when did you give your last biometric. It will give us an idea about their time length consideration.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:18 am

Those who are getting emails from UKVI to provide documents, can someone tell -
WHAT WAS THE DATE WHEN YOUR LAST BIOMETRIC WAS TAKEN?

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 am

I have received the email and my biometrics was taken in 2018 May for tier 2 general extension at a post office. I’ve applied for set O along with my wife