ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spousal Visa Query

Post by aacheam » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi,

I have a question that I'm not to sure about and would be grateful for any help :) .

On an updated document by TLScontact it says that only 10 pictures should be submitted for the relationship requirement. The link is below.

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

Is this truly the case? I have heard success stories but all submitted a large number of pictures. I'm scared that if I submit only 10, they may deem my application as weak.

Please let me know if anyone has any advice on this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spousal Visa Query

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:18 pm

aacheam wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:43 pm
Hi,

I have a question that I'm not to sure about and would be grateful for any help :) .

On an updated document by TLScontact it says that only 10 pictures should be submitted for the relationship requirement. The link is below.

Is this truly the case? I have heard success stories but all submitted a large number of pictures. I'm scared that if I submit only 10, they may deem my application as weak.

It is the case if you are using the TLS paid for assisted service i.e. you are giving your documents to TLS to upload for you. However, if you are uploading the documents yourself (self upload), you can use as many pictures as reasonably possible.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:34 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:18 pm
aacheam wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:43 pm
Hi,

It is the case if you are using the TLS paid for assisted service i.e. you are giving your documents to TLS to upload for you. However, if you are uploading the documents yourself (self upload), you can use as many pictures as reasonably possible.
Ok thank you for replying and letting me know :) :)

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:44 am

Hi sorry another question, is anyone aware whether the document reduction pilot is applicable for current spousal visa applications?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm

aacheam wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:44 am
Hi sorry another question, is anyone aware whether the document reduction pilot is applicable for current spousal visa applications?
As the name indicates it is a Pilot Scheme and no information as per full roll out yet(so far as I know). You may want to check if the center you will be applying from is one of those trialing out the pilot phase of the scheme.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:28 pm
aacheam wrote:
As the name indicates it is a Pilot Scheme and no information as per full roll out yet(so far as I know). You may want to check if the center you will be applying from is one of those trialing out the pilot phase of the scheme.

Thanks for that, we will be applying through the TLScontact centre and they have specified in the document that if we use them to scan our documents they would only accept a reduced amount.

Does this mean that if we submit our documents online using the self-service we would not be restricted to the amount of documents we submit?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm

aacheam wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
aacheam wrote:

Thanks for that, we will be applying through the TLScontact centre and they have specified in the document that if we use them to scan our documents they would only accept a reduced amount.

Does this mean that if we submit our documents online using the self-service we would not be restricted to the amount of documents we submit?
by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:18 pm

aacheam wrote: ↑Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:43 pm
Hi,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:13 pm

aacheam wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
aacheam wrote:

Below is response given earlier which still applies

''It is the case if you are using the TLS paid for assisted service i.e. you are giving your documents to TLS to upload for you. However, if you are uploading the documents yourself (self upload), you can use as many pictures as reasonably possible.''

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:17 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:13 pm
aacheam wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
aacheam wrote:

Below is response given earlier which still applies

''It is the case if you are using the TLS paid for assisted service i.e. you are giving your documents to TLS to upload for you. However, if you are uploading the documents yourself (self upload), you can use as many pictures as reasonably possible.''
Ok understood, it makes sense, thank you!

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi I have a question that I would like help with:

I am currently living with my parents and will be applying for a spousal visa for my husband to live in my parents place with me.

Will I need to have a housing report done?

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm

aacheam wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm

I am currently living with my parents and will be applying for a spousal visa for my husband to live in my parents place with me.

Hi - I was in the same situation so I included a formal signed letter from my parents saying that we could live in their property (including the numbers of rooms etc). I also included all paperwork indicating that they were the owners of the property so able to make the decision.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:44 am

Aarav086 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm
aacheam wrote:

Hi - I was in the same situation so I included a formal signed letter from my parents saying that we could live in their property (including the numbers of rooms etc). I also included all paperwork indicating that they were the owners of the property so able to make the decision.
Thanks for replying! So did you not get a surveyor to carry out an inspection of the property to confirm that it was not overcrowded?

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:44 am

aacheam wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:44 am
Aarav086 wrote:
aacheam wrote:

Thanks for replying! So did you not get a surveyor to carry out an inspection of the property to confirm that it was not overcrowded?
No I didn’t do that.. I read on this forum a few cases where people were in the same situation and they just sent letters/confirmation of ownership etc with no third party involvement. So I went that route as well. I’m waiting for my husband’s visa to come through so will let you know the outcome!

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:44 am
aacheam wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:
aacheam wrote:

No I didn’t do that.. I read on this forum a few cases where people were in the same situation and they just sent letters/confirmation of ownership etc with no third party involvement. So I went that route as well. I’m waiting for my husband’s visa to come through so will let you know the outcome!
Oh right thank you. I'm praying you get your positive decision soon! :)

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 pm

aacheam wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 pm
Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:44 am
aacheam wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:

Oh right thank you. I'm praying you get your positive decision soon! :)

Thank you. Us as well. It’s been several months of waiting. I wanted to mention that along with the mortgage documents, solicitors letters etc, I also included a cover letter signed by parents which clearly stated the size of the house (number of rooms etc). Also if you do a straightforward google of my address, the exact same information comes up in the first link on Zoopla.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:26 pm

In above scenario other than the mortgage statement, title deed and the parents noc letter nothing else will be needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Great, that's all clear now. Thank you both!