ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Long residency route ILR & IHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Queries around Tier 2 ICT applying for ILR via Long residence route

Post by Bunny101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 am

Hi,
Firstly many thanks for all the help you provide on this forum. It is very much appreciated.

I have some queries around ILR and would appreciate if you can answer them as well. I will explain my situation first and then list all the queries.

I have a Tier 2 ICT Long Term leave to remain and I am planning to apply for ILR via the Long residence route. I came to UK in July 2010 and have been living here continuously on the same visa since then by getting visa extensions from my company.

I brought my wife and child (was 5 months old then) to UK in Mar 2015 as dependants (PBS Dependant leave to remain). Unfortunately because of medical issues of an elderly family member in India they had to go back in Mar 2016. Since they had a valid dependant visa all this time they joined me back in UK in Dec 2016 and have been living with me since.

Date wise details below –
Main applicant details –
First visa valid from date – 13th Jul 2010
First entry date to UK – 17th Jul 2010
Current visa expiry date – 17th Jan 2022

Spouse & Child details –
First visa valid from date – 23rd Mar 2015
First entry date to UK – 31st Mar 2015
Date left UK – 18th Mar 2016 (For personal reasons)
Date arrived UK again – 03rd Dec 2016

Current visa expiry date – 17th Jan 2022

Can you please advise?
1) What is the earliest date I can apply for ILR via long residence route?
2) For spouse and child, what is the earliest date they can apply for ILR?
3) We need to apply separately for them (2 more applications) and cannot be done along with my application? We understand that we need to pay for all applicants but do we need separate forms for all of them?
4) If it is separate application, what route should be used to apply for ILR for them? I checked the gov.uk site but not able to understand.
5) If they can’t apply for ILR along with me, will their dependant visa that they have right now suffice, even if I apply for ILR and get it in the interim? Or do they need to apply for some other visa?
6) Does my child even need to apply for ILR? Or can we wait for me to apply for citizenship (after 1 year of ILR) and then he can get the citizenship directly?
7) Any other point or suggestion you think I should keep in mind for this entire process?

Once again many thanks for all the help you provide. Hope to hear from you soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries around Tier 2 ICT applying for ILR via Long residence route

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 am

1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 10th anniversary of the date you entered the UK.

2. They don't qualify for ILR. They have to switch to FLR(M) spouse visa and your spouse needs to meet the English and financial requirements of £22,400pa.

3. They can apply for FLR(M) visa once your ILR is granted if they have enough time left on their current visas. If they don't have enough time left, they must apply before their visas expire.

4. They do NOT qualify for ILR. Your ILR based on long residence does NOT permit dependents to apply for ILR with you. For long residence ILR, each applicant must meet the requirements individually.

5. See #3. above.

6. A child born abroad will follow the same path as the less privileged immigration parent, ie your spouse. Your child born abroad will qualify for ILR when your spouse does and requires ILR before citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Once again, many thanks for your reply.

1) Can I just confirm had my wife and son stayed in UK for 10 years as dependents they could have applied directly for ILR via long residence route without applying for FLR(m)?

2) Is it only because they have not stayed in UK for 10 years they have to apply for FLR(m)?

3) Also does this mean that I need to get FLR(m) for them 2 times before they can actually apply for ILR? Is there another route where they can get this sooner?

4) Since their current visa is till 2022, this means I don't need to get FLR(m) done for them till then even if I get my ILR in the meantime? Is this assumption correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 pm

1) Can I just confirm had my wife and son stayed in UK for 10 years as dependents they could have applied directly for ILR via long residence route without applying for FLR(m)?
Yes. They would each apply on their own form and meet all the requirements individually.
2) Is it only because they have not stayed in UK for 10 years they have to apply for FLR(m)?
Yes.
3) Also does this mean that I need to get FLR(m) for them 2 times before they can actually apply for ILR? Is there another route where they can get this sooner?
Yes, 2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) visas before they can apply for ILR. No there is no other shorter route. Even long residence will only be met in September/October 2026. FLR(M) x 2 will be sooner.
4) Since their current visa is till 2022, this means I don't need to get FLR(m) done for them till then even if I get my ILR in the meantime? Is this assumption correct?
Correct, however if they have travel plans out of the UK, they must switch to FLR(M) first as they risk being refused entry to the UK if they try to remain on their current visa. Also the sooner they switch, the sooner their 5 year ILR clock will start.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Once again many thanks for your prompt reply.

One final query, can they apply for FLR(m) along with my application for ILR or do I first need to wait for my ILR confirmation to come? I think I need to wait for my ILR to come first because application form for FLR(m) will require my ILR details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Bunny101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:47 pm
One final query, can they apply for FLR(m) along with my application for ILR or do I first need to wait for my ILR confirmation to come? I think I need to wait for my ILR to come first because application form for FLR(m) will require my ILR details.
You can, however note that if your ILR fails, their FLR(M) will automatically fail and you will lose all your fees paid. It is simply to wait for your ILR provided they have enough time left of their visas to apply after your ILR is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:04 pm

You have been absolutely brilliant in this entire process. Can't thank you enough.

Will definitely be contacting you again when I will be applying for ILR if I need some help in the application process.

Many thanks.

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Documents for Long residency route ILR & IHS

Post by Bunny101 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:58 am

Hi,

Need your help please. I am filling the form for ILR via long residency route and need to understand the documents I need to send for it. Please note my wife and child are not applying for it as they are not eligible and once I get my ILR they will apply for family visa.

The documents being asked are -

1) Evidence you have to prove the relationship with spouse (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

Do I need to send original marriage certificate or a copy?
For correspondence addressed to us jointly, can I send council tax bill copy?

2) Current biometric residence permit for me

I am assuming I need to send my original BRP. Right?

3) Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes

4) Document(s) showing spouse's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette

For 3) and 4), do I need to send my wife's and son's original passport and BRPs?

5) Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Any idea what kind of document I can send for this?

6) Any evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates) and proof of financial contributions to the child's well-being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child

Do I need to send original birth certificate or a copy?
What kind of document can i use for financial contribution to the child's well being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child?

7) All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

I am assuming this is the originals of all my previous passports and not a copy. Right? Anything else also required here?

In addition to this do I need to send any other document(s) like bank statements, etc?

What about my UK Naric letter for English and Degree? Do I need to send that?

UK Naric is write now issuing this document only via mail and not posting it. So will that PDF suffice(print out) or do I need to wait for them to post it to me?

What about Life in UK test? Do I need to send something to them for it like URN reference or there is no need? The result is only online and no letter received for it.

Finally as I was about to pay, it is asking me for a IHS number. I didn't go to the IHS website because I thought I will ask my query here first. Will I be required to pay IHS for ILR via long residency? If yes, how much?

Sorry if my queries are rubbish but I tend to get a bit nervous when it comes to such official related things.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Long residency route ILR & IHS

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:11 am

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:17 am

1) Evidence you have to prove the relationship with spouse (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

Do I need to send original marriage certificate or a copy?
For correspondence addressed to us jointly, can I send council tax bill copy?
None if this is required for SET LR.
2) Current biometric residence permit for me

I am assuming I need to send my original BRP. Right?
No originals are sent. Everything is uploaded digitally. This is your BRP yes.

3) Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes
4) Document(s) showing spouse's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette

For 3) and 4), do I need to send my wife's and son's original passport and BRPs?

None of this is required for SET LR
5) Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Any idea what kind of document I can send for this?
Nothing you need to send.
6) Any evidence you have to prove the relationship with your child / children (for example full birth certificates) and proof of financial contributions to the child's well-being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child

Do I need to send original birth certificate or a copy?
What kind of document can i use for financial contribution to the child's well being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child?
None of this is required.
7) All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

I am assuming this is the originals of all my previous passports and not a copy. Right? Anything else also required here?

No originals are sent. You just upload everything digitally.
In addition to this do I need to send any other document(s) like bank statements, etc?
No.
What about my UK Naric letter for English and Degree? Do I need to send that?
You need to upload degree certificate and naric English AND comparable assesment.
UK Naric is write now issuing this document only via mail and not posting it. So will that PDF suffice(print out) or do I need to wait for them to post it to me?

It's fine.
What about Life in UK test? Do I need to send something to them for it like URN reference or there is no need? The result is only online and no letter received for it
You need to complete the information in the application form.
Finally as I was about to pay, it is asking me for a IHS number. I didn't go to the IHS website because I thought I will ask my query here first. Will I be required to pay IHS for ILR via long residency? If yes, how much?
IHS is NOT payable for ILR via any route. What form exactly are you completing?? Make sure you are completing SET LR and the FLR LR form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:57 am

Many thanks for your reply and as usual you were again spot on. I was filling a wrong application form. Thank God you guys are there to help us out. Much appreciated.

I have now filled up the correct form and reached the payment section. In the payment section there is only Standard service option available. I was told by one of my friend that there is a priority service also available.

So can you please confirm -

Is there only standard service available now?

If not, how to apply for priority service?

Any idea how much time standard service will take? Appreciate you might not be able to answer this question.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 am

Is there only standard service available now?
Yes. Super priority and priority service is currently suspended due to the backlog of applications during lockdown.
If not, how to apply for priority service?
You cant at the moment.
Any idea how much time standard service will take?
Anywhere between 8 weeks and 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi,

Firstly many thanks for all the help. Because of all the help this forum offered I got my ILR successful mail today. :D

Now the next steps for me is to apply FLR(m) for my spouse and child as they are on PBS dependent visa(as mentioned above). I will be applying for it very soon but because of some financial constraints want to wait for sometime as their visa expires in 2022.

The doubt I have is that if my employer cancels my CoS and visa because of ILR, will the visa for my spouse and child also get cancelled or can they continue on the same visa till its expiry date?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Bunny101 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:46 pm
Hi,

Firstly many thanks for all the help. Because of all the help this forum offered I got my ILR successful mail today. :D

Now the next steps for me is to apply FLR(m) for my spouse and child as they are on PBS dependent visa(as mentioned above). I will be applying for it very soon but because of some financial constraints want to wait for sometime as their visa expires in 2022.
Better to apply now if you can meet the financial requirement
Bunny101 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:46 pm
The doubt I have is that if my employer cancels my CoS and visa because of ILR, will the visa for my spouse and child also get cancelled or can they continue on the same visa till its expiry date?

Many thanks
They aren't chained up with tier 2 sponsor like you were, but ideally they should switch into flrm asap.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi,

It's me again. :-) I am now filling up the FLR(m) form for my wife and child and have a few queries.

Actually before our marriage my wife was in the UK back in Jul 2013 on Tier2 work permit. We got married before her work permit ended and then she returned to India once her work permit ended. After that she came back to UK on my dependents visa in Mar 2015.

So now I am confused how to answer "When did you enter UK" question? Is it Jul 2013, i.e., her work permit date or is it dependents visa start of March 2015?

Also there is a question - Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Do I have to give the details for both my spouse and child from the day they were born? Or are these details from after the date they entered UK on dependents visa?

Bunny101
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bunny101 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi,

It's me again. :-) I am now filling up the FLR(m) form for my wife and child and have a few queries.

Actually before our marriage my wife was in the UK back in Jul 2013 on Tier2 work permit. We got married before her work permit ended and then she returned to India once her work permit ended. After that she came back to UK on my dependents visa in Mar 2015.

So now I am confused how to answer "When did you enter UK" question? Is it Jul 2013, i.e., her work permit date or is it dependents visa start of March 2015?

Also there is a question - Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Do I have to give the details for both my spouse and child from the day they were born? Or are these details from after the date they entered UK on dependents visa?