ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my baby eligible for irish passport born in Northern Ireland belfast from a non eea family member?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Is my baby eligible for irish passport born in Northern Ireland belfast from a non eea family member?

Post by NasirNI » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:25 pm

hi to all
I live in Northern Ireland belfast for the past 10 years legally .I have got indefinite leave to remain from UK ukba in 2019 .
I have new born baby born on 21/06/2020 in Belfast.
Wanted to know can I apply for irish citizenship for my baby becuse she was born in Belfast .
I know if your child is born in belfast ,eighter the mom or father should have british passport they can apply for irish passport .
But in my case I have only indefinite visa from UK can my new born applh for irish passport or has to apply for naturalisation?
And any one help me whats procedure? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is my baby eligible for irish passport born in Northern Ireland belfast from a non eea family member?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:36 am

Your child is automatically British. Apply directly for a British passport.

Not sure about Irish citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Re: Is my baby eligible for irish passport born in Northern Ireland belfast from a non eea family member?

Post by NasirNI » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Thank you for your reply cr001 .
I dont need a british citizenship for now . I need irish citizenship so I can go in eea family member route .
Thanks

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by toby2020 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 pm

you or the childs father need to be irish for the child to get irish citizenship, if you only have a british passport then the child will be british also

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:12 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Thanks tobi
My elder daughter was born in belfast here on 2011.
#. She has irish passport and british passport without having eighter the mother irish nor the father irish .. i was on a visa at that time and my ex wife was British born in England.
# now the question is can I do the same for my new daughter to get her irish passport . Becuse I have indefinate UK leave and my new wife has a visa from uk 2.5 years ..

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:31 pm

toby2020 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 pm
you or the childs father need to be irish for the child to get irish citizenship, if you only have a british passport then the child will be british also
That is not correct.

If a child is born on the island of Ireland (which includes Northern Ireland) after 2005 to a parent who is a legal resident for 3 of 4 years preceding the birth of the child, the child is eligible for citizenship and the parent will need to complete a Declaration of Residence (form C) and if approved the child will then be able to apply for an Irish passport. The form is found here -- https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... residence/

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Is this form a new thing
Becuse last time for my daughter born in 2011. All I did was fill in the passport form and attach my ex wife british passport and after 2weeks I got my babies new irish passport ...
But the thing with me is I don't have british passport all I have is a indefinate visa from uk .. .so I have to fill in the form c first then apply i have been living and working in northern Ireland for the past 10 years..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:16 am

That is not a new thing. It has been there since the referendum in 2005.

Your ex-wife is a British national, hence why you probably didn’t see it before. British nationals do not need to fill that form out.

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 am

DanaMarie wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:31 pm
toby2020 wrote:
That is not correct.

If a child is born on the island of Ireland (which includes Northern Ireland) after 2005 to a parent who is a legal resident for 3 of 4 years preceding the birth of the child, the child is eligible for citizenship and the parent will need to complete a Declaration of Residence (form C) and if approved the child will then be able to apply for an Irish passport. The form is found here -- https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... residence/

Hi I tried filling in the form C or A it both says this declaration is no required if the any parent has no restrictions on there stay residency in northern Ireland .
So what should I do ? I hold indefinite leave to remain should instill fill it

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 pm

I am not sure a person with ILR needs to fill form C.

It is only for those declaring 3 of 4 years lawful residence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm

I have applied it just waiting on the irish passport ..

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 pm

Yes I got the my babies irish passport without any forms .. i got it with uk ilr .. now my daughter is irish by birth ..

NasirNI
Newly Registered

Post by NasirNI » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:31 pm
toby2020 wrote:
That is not correct.

My daughter git the irish passport