ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting document for settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rsoni21
Newly Registered
India

Children family settlement visa

Post by Rsoni21 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi,
I need information on my children settlement visa from india. My am british citizen and lived in uk. My wife and kids are living in india. I want to apply my kids settlement visa from India. Can I apply children visa without wife application as family settlement visa.
If yes, what are the documentation required from my and my wife.

Regards
Rs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Children family settlement visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Your children are unlikely to get a visa if you don't apply for your wife at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Children family settlement visa

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:10 pm

General rule to remember is that non-British citizen children born abroad have the same immigration status as of the less-privileged parent.

So, if the second parent has no immigration status in the UK, it is highly unlikely that the children will have either.

Of course, if the children were born after your naturalisation ceremony, they are automatically British citizens by descent and can apply directly for a British passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Rsoni21
Newly Registered
India

Supporting document for settlement visa

Post by Rsoni21 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,
My family is going to submit biometrics and application forms at vfs India. After online appointment I cannot see info on supporting documentation for settlement visa.
Can you help on this information- how and where I can submit the supporting documents for settlement visa.
Can I submit at the time of biometric during vfs centre.
Do I need to post separately these documents at uk settlement hub center at Birmingham uk.

Please advise .