ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for parents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Apply for parents

Post by New on forum » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:18 am

Casa wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:11 am
@ New on forum Your posts are detracting from the OP's situation and have become disrespectful.

Member JB007 has given valuable advice regarding the benefit system on this forum.
Firstly apologise casa.
My last and explanatory post on this issue.
Please also look what I have been trying to explain to jb007 and he has been trying to just make me look like a benefit grabber rather than rationally responding to my criticism of his advice.
Still i regret that i got involved in this argument.

drdentist29
India

Post by drdentist29 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Thank you very much. Last question does my parents come under Close family members or Extended family member?
Thanks
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:03 pm
drdentist29 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:41 am
Yes, she is exercising treaty Rights. So, do i have to apply before 31st December? And We won't be in any benefits from next month as once my dental clinic open again. But my wife she is pregnant and won't be able to work, so, does it affect when we apply, if she is not working.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 am
After Dec 31st, it will be too late
You need to apply ASAP. In theory you can apply until 31/12/2020, but I never liked working too close to the deadlines. The sooner, the better.

Your EEA national doesn't need to work. The person can be "self sufficient" but everything has to be demonstrated. The Home Office can turn around say your wife is not exercising Treaty Right and this would be end of it.

Last thing you need to consider: your parents will be applying to effectively immigrate to the UK. If this application fails, they won't be eligible to any visitor visa to the UK in the future. I mean even if in 10 years they apply for a visitor visa, the Home Office would refuse it on the basis that an immigration attempt failed. So you have to consider this carefully too.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:52 am

Hello

Parents are always EEA FM (Close family)

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 am

You have to prove the parents are dependent on the EU sponsor. That's the basic requirement. Which, it sounds, they are not.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:20 am

Granista wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 am
You have to prove the parents are dependent on the EU sponsor. That's the basic requirement. Which, it sounds, they are not.
The EU Settlement Scheme goes far beyond the EEA route. Initially, the intention was to safeguard the rights of EEA citizens and their family already present in the UK. But with time, it became an immigration route on its own right. It's probably one of the easiest immigration routes available today on any Western country. If you compare to UK Law routes, entry requirements are very low. Just compare the requirements to bring an old parent under Adult Dependent Relative and under EU Settlement Scheme.

Under the EU Settlement Scheme, close family members of the EEA national such as parents and also the close family members of the spouse of an EEA national (such as in-laws) qualify nearly automatically. They don't even need to show dependency. They qualify just because they exist and can demonstrate the relationship. Other people such as extended family members (such as third cousin removed) or essentially anyone in the world who can show total or even partial dependency to an EEA national. The Brexit made it even easier to immigrate to the UK as far as the EUSS is concerned. I anticipate this to change at one point or even some to get issues when they try to go from pre-settled to settled by that would be the exception rather than norm.

You can see the EUSS not as an immigration scheme, but as a settlement scheme. Anyone under the scheme is seen as either someone who can settle, or someone who will settle. That's why the entry criteria are so low.