ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by SaJaRo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:44 am

I applied for ILR (M) on May 23 and I got the email this morning stating I’m exempt from attending the appointment. My last biometrics were taken two and a half years ago.

I also have a medical condition that puts me in the high risk category which was mentioned in the application. I’m not sure if that was considered or not.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:12 am

Are people who already got a future appointment booked with UKVCAS are also getting email from UKVI to provide the documents?

gaukhar
Newly Registered

Post by gaukhar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:16 am

Thanks to everyone who let us know their dates.

I applied on 12th June nothing yet. But I am hopeful seeing there was one reply with 29th May submission date.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 am

@gaukhar - please post here if you get any email from UKVI, as I also applied around same time as yours.

gaukhar
Newly Registered

Post by gaukhar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 am

@VikasMandal - not yet but uploaded documents on ukvcas a week after submission.

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Post by nddinar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:32 am

Hi,

I have received Email with the same details,that i dont want to attend bio-metric and they will reuse the previous data.

ILR application date: 07/05/2020

Previous bio-metric for Tier-2 Renewal as on: 2019

Nest wait is on when they will send details for photo and how much time they will take to process the application.

If anyone get email for photo submission please post the details.

Thanks

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 am

Whizart wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm
I had applied online on 9th May. Got the below email from UKVCAS in the last hour.

-----------
If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

What if I need my visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please visit the UKVI website here.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
--------------------
Hi, I've submitted my SET (LR) application on 15th May and didn't receive any emails yet.
Could you please tell us when did you give your last biometric. It will give us an idea about their time length consideration.
Hi,

I gave my last biometrics in June 2019, so mine is a year old.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 am
Whizart wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm
I had applied online on 9th May. Got the below email from UKVCAS in the last hour.

-----------
If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

What if I need my visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please visit the UKVI website here.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS
--------------------
Hi, I've submitted my SET (LR) application on 15th May and didn't receive any emails yet.
Could you please tell us when did you give your last biometric. It will give us an idea about their time length consideration.
Hi,

I gave my last biometrics in June 2019, so mine is a year old.
Thanks for letting us know. I just received the same email 5 mins ago. Mines was last collected in September 2017.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Are they using the finger prints done 1 or 2 year before or even older one when we visa 5 years before ? Any Ideas

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi everyone I received this today
We are writing to you, as you have registered with the UK Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) on or before 1 May - 31 May 2020 and could not book an appointment due to the impact of COVID-19.
We will be in touch with you by 13 July 2020 to confirm when you can access our booking system. Look out for an email from us to your registered email address.
I hope this useful.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:55 pm

After submitting application -until when can we upload doc in UKVCAS site -Is this still before BIO appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:55 pm
After submitting application -until when can we upload doc in UKVCAS site -Is this still before BIO appointment?
Documents must be uploaded before the biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We are now opening up the booking system in date order to customers who registered with UKVCAS after the 27th March and on and before 30 April 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 4 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point. UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment but to wait for an email which will give you further information and next steps.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by hassan21uk » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:24 am

I know this thread isn't for naturalisation but I just want to make a general note that people can make use of:

My mother who applied for naturalisation on the 23rd of March 2020 (23/03/2020).. had her biometrics appointment postponed till the 17th of June 2020 (17/06/2020), and got the approval letter 10 days later on the 27th of June 2020 (27/06/2020). This means they're considering applications even though applicants haven't been to their biometrics appointment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:24 am

hassan21uk wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:24 am
I know this thread isn't for naturalisation but I just want to make a general note that people can make use of:

My mother who applied for naturalisation on the 23rd of March 2020 (23/03/2020).. had her biometrics appointment postponed till the 17th of June 2020 (17/06/2020), and got the approval letter 10 days later on the 27th of June 2020 (27/06/2020). This means they're considering applications even though applicants haven't been to their biometrics appointment
Please post in the COVID biometric topic which already exists in the British citizenship sub forum!! Different rules for ilr and naturalisation.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1910670
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am

Paul99 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:56 pm
Are they using the finger prints done 1 or 2 year before or even older one when we visa 5 years before ? Any Ideas
I was told by UKVCAS that they will reuse by biometrics, the last time i gave one was in April 2017 for my tier 2 visa.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:53 am

Has anyone received mail to reuse previous biometric from UKVCAS who registered in June?

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:41 pm

It's been quiet here today. I wish everyone waiting for biometric appointment to receive the reuse biometric email this week.🙏

Hopefully image request emails will be sent out to applicants this week also.
Good luck guys and fingers crossed.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:33 am

For those who have received notice of UKVI reusing your old biometrics, have you had your biometrics done more than 4 or 5 years ago?

ps1234

Post by ps1234 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:21 am

pinku09 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am
Paul99 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:56 pm
I was told by UKVCAS that they will reuse by biometrics, the last time i gave one was in April 2017 for my tier 2 visa.
This is interesting. So it seems like 3 years back is included (so far). What date did you apply for your ILR please?

Our last biometrics were taken in June 2017 (not sure what the procedure will be for small children)

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:14 am

Well, after 3 cancelled appointments in Cardiff we eventually got our Biometrics Enrolled in Birmingham last Friday. Our application (SET(M) - priority service) was made just prior to lock down and I had previously uploaded about 30 pdf files of supporting documents to the UKVCAS website including numerous documents that weren't requested inc. my B1 IELTS, the B1 IELTS of my 2 dependent children (now 18+) and their Life in the UK Test results.

We arrived 30 mins early at the Business Centre where UKVCAS are based in Birmingham and I was expecting to be turned away but got sent straight up after our appointment booking was checked. There was no problem taking my British husband (my sponsor) with us. Upon exiting the lift we were greeted and immediately taken to a room which simply had a desk with a plastic screen across, where our passports and existing (expired) BRPs were scanned, and our photos and fingerprints taken.

Surprisingly, no other documents were scanned or checked! I was expecting them to check the originals of the documents I had uploaded previously and I'd spent ages preparing a whole big file of documents. We were all done and out in 30 mins and today (the next working day after Biometric Enrollment) I received an email from UKVI approving our application and advising the BRPs would be sent in 7 days....apart from the Covid delays it was an prompt, efficient and painless process.

I expect this may be last involvement with this great forum, which has been invaluable over the last 5 years as a source of information and for answering the few questions that I've had on my 2 x FLR(M) and SET(M) applications.

Thanks everyone and I wish you all the best and good health.

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:31 am

Wow congratulation. So happy for u. They made it easier and simple for you. Congratulations once more!!

Most applicants would not be going to those centres maybe any more because their biometric data will be reused.

They could be home, upload their images and all done. Approved.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Hi guys,
I am about to submit my ILR application and unsure on whether to wait for a few more weeks for the premium service to reopen. I mean 6 months is a long time but there is no other option but the standard atm. Do you happen to have any information/idea on when the HO are looking to reopen their premium service at all? I have search on google and found no news/information.

I am getting increasingly nervous about the backlog of already existing applications.. I mean even if I were to apply today using the standard service how soon will I actually be visiting the UKVCAS for finger prints etc...

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm
Hi guys,
I am about to submit my ILR application and unsure on whether to wait for a few more weeks for the premium service to reopen. I mean 6 months is a long time but there is no other option but the standard atm. Do you happen to have any information/idea on when the HO are looking to reopen their premium service at all? I have search on google and found no news/information.

I am getting increasingly nervous about the backlog of already existing applications.. I mean even if I were to apply today using the standard service how soon will I actually be visiting the UKVCAS for finger prints etc...
No guarantee on if or when super priority service will resume. UKVI may want to clear months of backlog before resuming. The best advise at this time would be I guess to take the plunge with what is available. I applied 2 months ago and was in same dilemma as you but then got advise from experienced and helpful people on this forum to go ahead and apply through standard service and all i can tell you now is I am glad i did so and did not wait any longer. It is entirely your decision and no one can suggest what to do as each individuals circumstances are different.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:23 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We are now opening up the booking system in date order to customers who registered with UKVCAS after the 27th March and on and before 30 April 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 4 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point. UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment but to wait for an email which will give you further information and next steps.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice