ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NIELK83
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by NIELK83 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:43 am

NIELK83 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am
Hi,

I submitted my 2 kids FBR applications in June 2019 after a long wait to get outstanding documents in order.

FBR TIMELINE:
Online Applications submitted and paid for: 24 June 2019
Applications and Supporting Documents received by Irish Embassy in Pretoria (South Africa): 27 June 2019
Email from dfat.ie stating that applications and supporting documentation have been received: 16 July 2019

I'm hoping that I receive their FBR certificates by March 2020 (7 - 8 months from receipt in Ireland). Based on other forum user's experiences, the usual timeframe seems to be 12 months in total as many UK applicants' applications take a few months to actually get to Ireland (2-3 months out of the 12).

Hopefully have some good news in the coming months as the wait continues.
UPDATE:

FBR TIMELINE:

Online Applications submitted and paid for: 24 June 2019 (2x children)

Applications and Supporting Documents received by Irish Embassy in Pretoria (South Africa): 27 June 2019

Email from dfat.ie stating that applications and supporting documentation have been received: 16 July 2019

FBR CERTIFICATE ISSUED, READY FOR COLLECTION email received for one of my kids - 6 Feb 2020

I inquired as to why only one of my kid's FBR was approved on 11 Feb 2020, reason was that Dublin HQ selected my daughters application for a random audit - subsequently received FBR approval email on 3 March 2020

Then the global pandemic hit us.

Good news is that we finally received their FBR certificates via courier service today 26 June 2020.
My kids are now officially Irish citizens! We need to apply for their passports now.

So pandemic aside, the entire process took roughly 8/9 months for us.
Good luck to the rest of you. Thanks for the great insights on this forum.

NIELK83
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by NIELK83 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:44 am

NIELK83 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:08 am
Hi,

I submitted my 2 kids FBR applications in June 2019 after a long wait to get outstanding documents in order.

FBR TIMELINE:
Online Applications submitted and paid for: 24 June 2019

I'm hoping that I receive their FBR certificates by March 2020 (7 - 8 months from receipt in Ireland). Based on other forum user's experiences, the usual timeframe seems to be 12 months in total as many UK applicants' applications take a few months to actually get to Ireland (2-3 months out of the 12).

Hopefully have some good news in the coming months as the wait continues.
UPDATE:

FBR TIMELINE:

Online Applications submitted and paid for: 24 June 2019 (2x children)

FBR CERTIFICATE ISSUED, READY FOR COLLECTION email received for one of my kids - 6 Feb 2020

I inquired as to why only one of my kid's FBR was approved on 11 Feb 2020, reason was that Dublin HQ selected my daughters application for a random audit - subsequently received FBR approval email on 3 March 2020

Then the global pandemic hit us.

Good news is that we finally received their FBR certificates via courier service today 26 June 2020.
My kids are now officially Irish citizens! We need to apply for their passports now.

So pandemic aside, the entire process took roughly 8/9 months for us.
Good luck to the rest of you. Thanks for the great insights on this forum.

PD9
Newly Registered

Post by PD9 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Following my query regarding my wife's pregnancy a few weeks back; I posted a proof of pregnancy to Balbriggan in May, marked with my application number and highlighted pregnancy case on the envelope. I'm pleased to say due to the escalation my certificate was received today. Please note, they advised that as this was related to pregnancy, this is the only reason they looked at as an exceptional circumstance.

My timeline below:

September 2019 applicant
24-SEP-2019 - Received email confirming documents received
20-MAY-2020 - Sent proof of pregnancy
10-JUN-2020 - Email noting pregnancy escalation and requesting additional documentation (Notarised copy of passport which I didn't get notarised first time around with the rest of the documents - silly me!)
19-JUN-2020 - Additional information received and put forward for approval.
19-JUN-2020 - Added to FBR
25-JUN-2020 - Email confirming application has been successful and documents will be returned.
01-JUL-2020 - Received certificate.

I am absolutely delighted with the outcome as my son is due in September. I do hope my example helps anyone else in the same situation. Thanks also to the staff in Balbriggan for their flexibility and fairness in these times.

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:22 am

PD9 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:21 pm
Following my query regarding my wife's pregnancy a few weeks back; I posted a proof of pregnancy to Balbriggan in May, marked with my application number and highlighted pregnancy case on the envelope. I'm pleased to say due to the escalation my certificate was received today. Please note, they advised that as this was related to pregnancy, this is the only reason they looked at as an exceptional circumstance.
Hey PD9 that's fabulous news. Out of interest what additional information did you send them? I made my application in July last year but we've recently found out that my wife is expecting so will need to expedite the case.

Faull_guy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faull_guy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:58 am

I received the following email this morning, so work has restarted on FBRs. If you are waiting check your junk email in case you have a similar request.

“ I am currently processing your application for entry on to the Foreign Births Register. Unfortunately I cannot proceed with your application without the following documents:

Up-to-date Proof of Address, (a recent utility bill , bank statement or correspondence issued by a Government Department)
In order to avoid delays with your application you should return all requested document(s) within 28 days to the following address

Foreign Births Registration Returns Section
PO Box 13003
Balbriggan
Co Dublin
Ireland

Please ensure that your Application number is clearly marked on the envelope.
If these documents are not submitted within the requested time, your application will be returned to the address provided by you at the time of application”

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Faull_guy wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:58 am
I received the following email this morning, so work has restarted on FBRs. If you are waiting check your junk email in case you have a similar request.

“ I am currently processing your application for entry on to the Foreign Births Register. Unfortunately I cannot proceed with your application without the following documents:

Up-to-date Proof of Address, (a recent utility bill , bank statement or correspondence issued by a Government Department)
In order to avoid delays with your application you should return all requested document(s) within 28 days to the following address

PO Box 13003
Balbriggan
Co Dublin
Ireland

If these documents are not submitted within the requested time, your application will be returned to the address provided by you at the time of application”
great! seems yours will be issued once they receive the documents. if that was by email, then maybe because the employees are working from home? whats your stats by the way?

Faull_guy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faull_guy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:22 pm

I was one of the April 2019 applicants as per Sulla’s info below.........

April 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
KAR110 - received April 9th / Pending
Brexit Irishman – received April 14th / Pending
Faull_Guy – received April 16th / Pending
LA8887 – received April 24th / Pending
Fvigaud – received April 26th 2019 / Pending

fvigaud
United States of America

Post by fvigaud » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:47 pm

ohhh this makes me so happy!!!! Thank you for sharing Faull_guy.

Faull_guy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faull_guy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 am

fvigaud wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:47 pm
ohhh this makes me so happy!!!! Thank you for sharing Faull_guy.
My pleasure, hopefully being so close in dates you’ll hear something soon fvigaud!!

LA8887

Post by LA8887 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Oh shit, that's exciting! Hopefully I'll hear in the coming weeks as well then.

Faull_guy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faull_guy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:10 pm

LA8887 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 pm
Oh shit, that's exciting! Hopefully I'll hear in the coming weeks as well then.
Fingers crossed for you! Will confirm when I get anymore news and if it’s positive 🤞

FieldsOfAthenry
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by FieldsOfAthenry » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Faull_guy wrote:

PO Box 13003
Balbriggan
Co Dublin
Ireland

Can you tell us what the sender’s email address was? I would like to add it as a contact so that it doesn’t go to spam.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:57 pm

FieldsOfAthenry wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:49 pm
Faull_guy wrote:

PO Box 13003
Balbriggan
Co Dublin
Ireland

Can you tell us what the sender’s email address was? I would like to add it as a contact so that it doesn’t go to spam.
If it is a person named specific email address, it will not be permitted to be posted in the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FieldsOfAthenry
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by FieldsOfAthenry » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:57 pm
FieldsOfAthenry wrote:
Faull_guy wrote:

PO Box 13003
Balbriggan
Co Dublin
Ireland

If it is a person named specific email address, it will not be permitted to be posted in the forum.
Just the domain name is necessary to add it to a safelist. You don’t need to put the part before the “@“ if it’s a person’s name.

LA8887

Post by LA8887 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:20 pm

FieldsOfAthenry wrote:
If you set up a filter like this then whoever it comes from you'll definitely get it:

I mean, I assume it will come from an @dfat.ie email address

cdfly
United States of America

Post by cdfly » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 pm

My sister's due date is coming up in a month and a half... applications were paid back in january/feb.... With the news above, I'm tempted to post the paperwork to dublin this week.
Anyone know if the post would reject the mail (from the USA)?

thecastle2
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by thecastle2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:40 pm

Faull_guy wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:22 pm
I was one of the April 2019 applicants as per Sulla’s info below.........

April 2019 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2019.
KAR110 - received April 9th / Pending
Brexit Irishman – received April 14th / Pending
Faull_Guy – received April 16th / Pending
LA8887 – received April 24th / Pending
Fvigaud – received April 26th 2019 / Pending
My application was received April 30th, 2019 with my pending message received May 8th, 2019 when my documentation arrived. I have yet to hear anything from FBR

I'm glad to hear that things are moving again, or so it seems.

tomriddle2u
Newly Registered

Post by tomriddle2u » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 am

cdfly wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 pm
My sister's due date is coming up in a month and a half... applications were paid back in january/feb.... With the news above, I'm tempted to post the paperwork to dublin this week.
Anyone know if the post would reject the mail (from the USA)?
If I was you I would send it, make sure you send it registered so it can be tracked. Also, make sure you mark on the outside of the envelope the application number and pregnancy. It may just be added to a pile or it could be worked on. If you don't send it then your sisters child will not be able to apply for Irish citizenship as she was not registered as an Irish citizen at the time of birth. Make sure there is solid proof of pregnancy so something on headed paper confirming your sister is pregnant and due date.

cdfly
United States of America

Post by cdfly » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:03 pm

For Americans, is there a recommended postal service? USPS..FedEx...UPS..?

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 am

@cdfly
I am an American located in NJ. If you are asking which postal mail service is the best to mail FBR Application and supporting documents to the PO Box in Ireland, please be advised that the USPS is the only service that will process from US to a PO Box in Ireland.
I hope I interpreted your question correctly and I hope it helps.
I completed on line application May 19,2019, mailed mine Application/docs from the US/NJ on May 20, 2019, I received an email indicating it was received on May,27,2019. Sadly they stopped processing mid March so the FBR I applied for was nearing the revised 1 yr processing time frame but COVID19 shot that to hell. So like others who applied in April/May 2019 we all wait until they resume processing.

cdfly
United States of America

Post by cdfly » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:32 pm

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 am
@cdfly
I am an American located in NJ. If you are asking which postal mail service is the best to mail FBR Application and supporting documents to the PO Box in Ireland, please be advised that the USPS is the only service that will process from US to a PO Box in Ireland.
I hope I interpreted your question correctly and I hope it helps.
I completed on line application May 19,2019, mailed mine Application/docs from the US/NJ on May 20, 2019, I received an email indicating it was received on May,27,2019. Sadly they stopped processing mid March so the FBR I applied for was nearing the revised 1 yr processing time frame but COVID19 shot that to hell. So like others who applied in April/May 2019 we all wait until they resume processing.
Hi! I was initially asking in regards to trusted service in covid, BUT that is way better info!! thank you so much!

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24 pm

You are welcome! Hopefully we start seeing some rapid processing soon!
Best of Luck! ☘️🇺🇸

Marad
Newly Registered

Post by Marad » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:07 am

Hello!

My first post but I have been lurking for a while and have found the info here really helpful.

I have just received an email to say I have been added to the register and my certificate Is in the post!! This is a UK to Dublin application from April 2019 so I thought it might help others to know things are definitely moving again. I think I just missed out in the shutdown as my timeline is:

Confirmation of receipt of application at Balbriggan: 10 April 2019
Address confirmation email (and return): 10 March 2020
Email to confirm added to register and certificate on the way: 10 July 2020

(Seems to be something special about the 10th of the month for mine!).

Hope others still waiting have news soon.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:06 am

Congrats marad.. it already took long for you. But its great to see a progress at last

Marad
Newly Registered

Post by Marad » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Fbrlad wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:06 am
Congrats marad.. it already took long for you. But its great to see a progress at last
Thanks - hoping others waiting get news soon too as I know there are a few April 2019 applicants alongside me.