ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship while working in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bill Brashier
Newly Registered

British citizenship while working in India

Post by Bill Brashier » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:06 am

I have been British by Birth. But have lived studied and now working in India. And have Indian passport and Indian nationality. However, now I have acquired British passport living in India. What should I do. How should I make my last ving in India legalized

xebec
Australia

Re: British citizenship while working in India

Post by xebec » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 am

Bill Brashier wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:06 am
I have been British by Birth. But have lived studied and now working in India. And have Indian passport and Indian nationality. However, now I have acquired British passport living in India. What should I do. How should I make my last ving in India legalized
You can't have an Indian passport and a British passport at the same time. India does not allow dual citizenship. Are you referring to the OCI? If you have an Indian passport, you would have to surrender it to get an OCI. Your best bet is to visit the FRRO Office for OCI/Registrations and explain them the situation, else you might have complications if you leave India as they wont have a record of you entering on a British passport.