ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

shay007

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by shay007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:02 am

jossywilliams wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 pm
How long does it takes to get a decision after getting response to complain... does anyone have an idea or anyone with similar case?
Some People on here said 2wks.

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 am

Guys have the rules been slightly changed re. proving identity?

I'm a Non-EU (Australian) citizen applying through my EU spouse and as far as I'm aware the last time I checked I was not able to scan my Ancestry Visa Biometric Residence Permit through the online app (I had to send my BRP or Passport via return post and make a Biometric appointment). Only Biometric Residence CARDS were permitted through the app.

Can someone confirm whether Non-EU applicants can simply scan their BRP through the app now?

Thanks!

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am

Hi all,

Received so good news this morning, my Settled status application was approved. Details:

Applied 24 Jan 2020, under dependent child over 21 years route via online app. Linked my application to my fathers application as he applied at the same time as me. He received Settled 29 Jan 2020
28 Jan: Had to post BRC as the app wouldnt pick up the chip.
13 Feb: Received COA and BRC returned via first class post.
Settled Status granted, email and letter dated: 29 June 2020

Phoned the call centre at least once a month in order to get an update but received the generic response of "its sitting with case worker and cant give an update" etc. Two weeks ago I phoned again and asked to speak to a supervisor to indicate my annoyance at the process time and the level of anxiety it causes. She was very kind and understanding but said that they were unable to provide more updates on when it would be issued.

Last week Tuesday I decided to log a complaint via the HO online complaint form, so I feel like this really lights a fire under them as received the response today.

A question for those that have converted their BRC to reflect their new status ? is this a strait forward process online or are there still complexities/refusals that can happen. Any info on the process will be welcomed.

roro_15
Newly Registered
India

Post by roro_15 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am

BrunoK1441 I scanned my tier 2 BRP via the app and it worked. They scanned the physical copy again at the biometric center.

Some applications are being processed quickly - timeline for those seeking a view on how quickly they're processing:

Applied via app: End of March
Lockdown happened so couldn't submit biometrics
Biometrics submitted: 3rd May
COA: 4th May
Decision received: 25th May
BRC received: within 3 days of the decision (I am based in London)

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:47 pm

roro_15 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:55 am
BrunoK1441 I scanned my tier 2 BRP via the app and it worked. They scanned the physical copy again at the biometric center.

Some applications are being processed quickly - timeline for those seeking a view on how quickly they're processing:

Applied via app: End of March
Lockdown happened so couldn't submit biometrics
Biometrics submitted: 3rd May
COA: 4th May
Decision received: 25th May
BRC received: within 3 days of the decision (I am based in London)
Thanks very much! That's good to know!

Im puzzled though. When I have to sign in online after scanning using the Eu Exit app the first thing it asks what ID document did I use in the app... ?

1. Passport
2. National Identity Card
3. Biometric Residence Card

The Biometric Residence Permit is neither of those.

Do you remember which one you selected?

Jia2020
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jia2020 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 am

I'm a Non-EU (Australian) citizen applying through my EU spouse and as far as I'm aware the last time I checked I was not able to scan my Ancestry Visa Biometric Residence Permit through the online app (I had to send my BRP or Passport via return post and make a Biometric appointment). Only Biometric Residence CARDS were permitted through the app.

Can someone confirm whether Non-EU applicants can simply scan their BRP through the app now?

Thanks!
Hi, I also could not scan my BRP via the app, so I sent it to the address on the website by post instead. However, it took me almost 5 months to receive my CoA and I am still waiting for the final result.

Muri123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Muri123 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi all, have got my settle status yesterday 😊😊
Applied 25/09/2019
Coa 25/09/2019
Granted a settle status yesterday

jossywilliams
Newly Registered

Post by jossywilliams » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Muri123 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:30 pm
Applied 25/09/2019
Coa 25/09/2019
A big congratulations!!

Could you explain what steps you took so far since you made the application and more light on your case... as I applied same month, although paper application.

Maaz4952
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Maaz4952 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi
Just recived a email regarding my pre settle status application I made application
Timeline
Applied 21/02/2020
Coach. 28/02/2020
Just received email today I just wan to know what about this email .
I'm married
EU national 2018 lived another eu country nearly two years
Moved uk jan 2020
Just i wan to know why they ask me this information.
regarding your relationship to your EU family member, as follows: 
EEA Sponsor full name and date of birth
What date did you come to the UK
What date did your EEA sponsor come to the UK
On what date did you meet the EEA national
Where did you meet the EEA national
If you met via the internet, what date was this
What website was this on
Who established contact
What date did you first meet face to face
On what date did your relationship start
On what date did you decide to get married
On what date did you get married
What date did you start living together

shay007

Post by shay007 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Muri123 wrote:
Applied 25/09/2019
Coa 25/09/2019
Congratulations

Muri123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Muri123 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:28 am

shay007 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Muri123 wrote:
Applied 25/09/2019
Coa 25/09/2019
Congratulations
I'm a non eea national who have a retain right of residence and my mum was married to eu national, I got the settle status because I was under 21 who did not need to show that I have being here for five years, the only proof I submitted was child benefit letter and birth certificate, and on the online application they ask me how did I want to get my status and I clink on I want to get the same status as my mum.
My application took 10 month and four days and settle status was granted 3days ago

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 am

Muri123 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:28 am
shay007 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Muri123 wrote:
Applied 25/09/2019
Coa 25/09/2019
Congratulations
I'm a non eea national who have a retain right of residence and my mum was married to eu national, I got the settle status because I was under 21 who did not need to show that I have being here for five years, the only proof I submitted was child benefit letter and birth certificate, and on the online application they ask me how did I want to get my status and I clink on I want to get the same status as my mum.
My application took 10 month and four days and settle status was granted 3days ago
Congrats :D

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi again guys! Could someone help me?

I'm applying on the website and when I click 'find out how many years continuous residence you have to prove' it shows every year from 2013 until 2020 (8 years).

Does anyone know if I should provide evidence for all 8 years or should any 5 of those years be fine? I just don't want to get myself in the situation down the track where they ask for those extra years/evidence and it prolongs the application.

Many Thanks!

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm

BrunoK1441 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 pm
Hi again guys! Could someone help me?

I'm applying on the website and when I click 'find out how many years continuous residence you have to prove' it shows every year from 2013 until 2020 (8 years).

Does anyone know if I should provide evidence for all 8 years or should any 5 of those years be fine? I just don't want to get myself in the situation down the track where they ask for those extra years/evidence and it prolongs the application.

Many Thanks!
5 years of qualifying evidence should be fine. Maybe add in an extra year just to be safe.

Jia2020
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jia2020 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Jia2020 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 pm
BrunoK1441 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 am

Thanks!
Hi, I also could not scan my BRP via the app, so I sent it to the address on the website by post instead. However, it took me almost 5 months to receive my CoA and I am still waiting for the final result.
Hey Guys! after 5 months waiting, I finally received my pre-settled status! I made complains couple of times and call the settlement center countless times, hope I will receive my new BRP soon! This forum really helps me a lot, appreciate you all and all best luck!

Kou77
Newly Registered
Guinea

Post by Kou77 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:59 am

Non EU married to EU naturalised British in 2018.

Documents sent on 18/06. No response yet after 2 weeks. Does someone know at what point they return the passports and documents? We may need to travel in September and given the posts I am reading I have doubts my partners settlement status will be done by then

Many thanks

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am

Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

We have tried to contact you by telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 am

Dk seema wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Jalalleo wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi , can I apply for eu settlement if I hold valid 2.5 years DL I am non -eu . My wife already got settlement status permanent and she is EU national )
Yes you can
Thank you

jossywilliams
Newly Registered

Post by jossywilliams » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am

ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.
Well it just simply means you need to confirm that they can give you pre-settled status, if you know and sure that you have not already done 5yrs. So if you know you have a history of less than 5yrs, then that is what you get. But if you have done over or just 5yrs, then you need to let them know this as well... so look within you and give them them the answer. Best of luck.

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:21 am

Hi I’ve been in UK for more than five years but only been married 2 years so I’ve confirmed to be issued with pre-settle status. But my question is does this mean it’s done or are they still making a decision on my application
jossywilliams wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am
ravian3 wrote:
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

Well it just simply means you need to confirm that they can give you pre-settled status, if you know and sure that you have not already done 5yrs. So if you know you have a history of less than 5yrs, then that is what you get. But if you have done over or just 5yrs, then you need to let them know this as well... so look within you and give them them the answer. Best of luck.

jossywilliams
Newly Registered

Post by jossywilliams » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:29 am

ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:21 am
Hi I’ve been in UK for more than five years but only been married 2 years so I’ve confirmed to be issued with pre-settle status. But my question is does this mean it’s done or are they still making a decision on my application
jossywilliams wrote:
ravian3 wrote:
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

It simply means its done... they will now send you a new email to confirm your new status

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks hopefully not too long now.
jossywilliams wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:29 am
ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:21 am
jossywilliams wrote:
ravian3 wrote:
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

It simply means its done... they will now send you a new email to confirm your new status

Jia2020
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jia2020 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Hey guys I received my new BRC today, which issues by 03.07.2020, my previous BRC expiry date was on early January(11.01.2020), I also submitted my application at that time. So I'm wondering how to explain the 6 months gap between my resident record? Does that affect my immigration record? thanks.

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Jia2020 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm
Hey guys I received my new BRC today, which issues by 03.07.2020, my previous BRC expiry date was on early January(11.01.2020), I also submitted my application at that time. So I'm wondering how to explain the 6 months gap between my resident record? Does that affect my immigration record? thanks.
Congratulations !!!!
Anytime you submitted a valid application before the visa runs out you are still still in the country until they make a decision.That explains why for those with the right to work can carry on working although their permit may have expired while in home office's possession.

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Has anyone been refused a visa under eu settlement application?