ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revisiting UK after exiting for 2 days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cocoaliz
Newly Registered

Revisiting UK after exiting for 2 days

Post by Cocoaliz » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi, My parents are on 10 year multiple entry visitor visa. They entered UK on March 2020 and their 6 month period would end in August next month. We are wondering if they stay a little longer given the covid situation in India. If we go out for a 2 day trip to Turkey, can they re-enter UK and stay for another 6 months?
Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Revisiting UK after exiting for 2 days

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 pm

If we go out for a 2 day trip to Turkey, can they re-enter UK and stay for another 6 months?
No, I would NOT advise you attempt to try this. They cannot stay in the UK for more than 6 months in any 12 month period. They cannot be spending more time in the UK than they do in India. You risk their visas being cancelled on arriving back in the UK and being put on a plane back to India. Future visitor visas will then be difficult to get.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Section 4.2 of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules specifically does not allow a visitor to "live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home;".

An absence of just two days does not reset their visa clock, which would be seen in the round by the Immigration Officer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Cocoaliz wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:53 pm
. We are wondering if they stay a little longer given the covid situation in India.
Flights to and from India are still in operation even one have just landed:

https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals/termi ... h=arrivals
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Cocoaliz
Newly Registered

Post by Cocoaliz » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you all for confirming. Just wanted to understand what is allowed in this visa category and wouldn't even have thought about it if it wasn't for the covid situation.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Cocoaliz wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 am
. Just wanted to understand what is allowed in this visa category
Nothing just a short visit commensurating to what was declared primarily in the application form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.