ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Spouse Visa(she was denied entry in another country)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sparch
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 4 Spouse Visa(she was denied entry in another country)

Post by sparch » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 am

My wife was denied entry when she was travelling to Singapore on a tourist visa. She was not told the reason for denial and was made to return to India by the same flight the next day. The email response she got from the Immigration office was - "We are unable to comment on the reasons that you were not allowed to enter." The reason may have been not carrying local currency but no official response from any agency. :(

I received a PhD offer with a scholarship(15000 p/a) from one of the University in the UK. And now I wonder will there be an issue to get a dependent visa for my wife. She is a graduate(B.Tech) & working in India. Meanwhile, I have been working in Singapore for 5-6 years and planning to go back to my home country to apply for UK Visa together. Any advice would be appreciated. and do you think there will be any issues?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Spouse Visa(she was denied entry in another country)

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 am

There are General Grounds for refusal of a UK visa, but without knowing why she was refused entry to Singapore, it is impossible to say whether that refusal of entry means she falls foul of the UK's general grounds.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-guidance
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sparch
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sparch » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 am

The reason for refusal of entry as per our understanding is either not carrying local currency or she may be little nervous as it was her first international visit that too alone. However, they never give a reason for the refusal of entry. we tried to reach out to the immigration department through phone and email, to which they responded saying "We are unable to comment on the reasons that you were not allowed to enter.". So I am not sure what she needs to fill in for "Give more details of what happened" section of form???
Another question...
while filling up the immigration form, there is a section where they ask, Problem with immigration to countries other than the UK, which section will be more appropriate to tick in, I am confused between point 3 & 5.
1. An application for a visa was refused
2. I was deported
3. I was required to leave
4. I was removed
5. I was refused entry at the border

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am

sparch wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 am
So I am not sure what she needs to fill in for "Give more details of what happened" section of form???
In that case she can only give her own account of that happened, as you did in your previous answer.
sparch wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 am
I am confused between point 3 & 5.
3. I was required to leave
5. I was refused entry at the border
3 means you had entered the country, 5 means you did not.

These are not trick questions that need magic-word answers. They are just questions about the facts.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ber2lon
Newly Registered
India

Post by ber2lon » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi Sparch,

My partner is in a similar situation. Could you please give an update on if the Singapore refusal of entry impacted your partner's UK visa application?

Thanks in advance for your input.