ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application Gaps Between Stamps

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lelldorin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Missing info on proof of address for citizenship Application

Post by Lelldorin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am

Hi all,

I will be applying for Irish citizenship soon (I am a non-EU with stamp4 EUFam). Maybe I am overthinking but while revenue letters and some other documents have the my apartment number, my utility bills does not have that info. All other info, the street name and the building number matches.

Would this cause any problems as proof of address while applying?

Thanks very much in advance!

nojoyfrominis

Re: Missing info on proof of address for citizenship Application

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

It won’t be a problem as the point of the address proofs is to confirm that you were resident in Ireland all through. You can explain the discrepancy in address in the cover later and confirm to them that it is one address.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:26 pm

It shouldn’t matter but you should add some explanation in a cover letter as nojoyfrominis mentioned. I am curious as to how utility bills would have no apartment number though. Have you ever received any correspondence from your utility providers? Or are they all electronic only? All MPRN should be tied to a valid address in Ireland.

Lelldorin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lelldorin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the replies!

The utility bill doesnt state the apartment number up (right under my name) but at the bottom of the bill it gives the full address saying the bill is for that address.

Both of them matches except the apartment number is missing on the top.

Lelldorin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application Gaps Between Stamps

Post by Lelldorin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi all,

I am a non-EU living in Ireland based on Stamp 1 (General Work Permit) for 2.5 years and last 2.5 years based on Stamp4 EUFam.

I will be submitting my application for citizenship, however, back in 2017, I have 2 days gap between my stamps.

This was due to my company starting the work permit renewal late and me not able to find an earlier appointment for INIS office. So when I finally got my appointment the company was still in the process of renewal and I was given 3 months stamp 1 while I was waiting.

I was wondering if 2 days gap cause any problems? Also, since I didn't have a work permit at the time for 3 months (even though I had stamp 1) would this count as reckonable residence?

Thank you for your help in advance!