ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:15 am

srirav wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 am
Guys one query
As i have never done visa processing myself..it was always my immigration advisor so have no idea about below confusion.

UKVCAS says they are opening booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between May 1 n May 31.

So query is that is there any separate registration needed with UKVCAS?? Because when I asked my immigration advisor ..they said they my application was lodged with UKVI n nothing needs to be lodged with UKVCAS.

So am not sure if UKVCAS even has my info or not that my application is pending biometeric appointment?

Thanks
Your 'advisor' is telling you porky pies.

Every applicant submits the online form to UKVI and them MUST register with UKCVAS to upload their documents and book a biometrics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 am

Hi CR001,

Do you have any idea when we can (all applicants received emailed not to attend appointment - but wait for weeks) receive email.

Its been stressful and frustrating when you see other applicants till 31st may getting appointments and approval...

My summary below:

Application date: 13.04.2020
FES appointment email: 04.07.2020
Image upload email: Waiting
Approval: Obviously waiting

Please share your thought. Will be helpful and greatful.

Thanks

AB

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am

It is indeed very frustrating to see people who registered on end of May to be able to book appointments and enrol biometrics. UKVCAS has been talking about fairness in their announcements but I don't see how this is fair. When they chose us for biometric reuse, we should be able to submit our PHOTOS straight away and not wait "few weeks"

I submitted my application on 29 March and registered again with UKVCAS on the same day and uploaded my documents. They shouldn't send emails about biometric reuse until they actually activated the system. I literally missed my opportunity to enrol my biometrics last week because of this. Just because I applied 29th of March I am literally being punished. And people who applied long after me are now able to apply and probably will get decisions before me.

I can understand that they were trying to clear the backlog of customers by doing this but the way they handled it is very poor.

Therefore I lodged an official complaint with UKVCAS and will share any news.

BiancaMc
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by BiancaMc » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 am

srirav wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:59 pm
My application was lodged by my immigration consultant on 28th april. But they told they didnt get any communication yet from ukvcas. As per ukvcas they shd have told something by 4th july...isnt it?

Is there anyone who lodged their application untill 30th april n still hasnt received any communication regarding biometric re-use or appointment?
I submitted my application on the 28/04 also and I have not received anything to book my appointment. I have made several attempts to contact UKVCAS with the number provided but the call just drops, I have been trying this number since May! However some people are able to be connected to this number and I’m not sure why I can’t get through! I’ve called UKVI and they were no help I’ve also called the coronavirus line and they were also no help! None of the departments are communicating with each other so the information is pretty much useless!

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am

Thank you. Please keep posted and hopefully we get email very soon.

I am calling UKVCAS and there is no answer from last 2 and 1/2 hours.

I request everyone in this category (reuse biometrics) kindly ask UKVCAS whichever way possible. They need to be transparent, for example if decision has been made and only biometric is pending.

Uncertainty in the immigration matter is not good. People have plans. Lets get together and raise matter with UKVI/UKVCAS.

Thanks

AB

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:15 am
srirav wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 am
Guys one query
As i have never done visa processing myself..it was always my immigration advisor so have no idea about below confusion.

UKVCAS says they are opening booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between May 1 n May 31.

So query is that is there any separate registration needed with UKVCAS?? Because when I asked my immigration advisor ..they said they my application was lodged with UKVI n nothing needs to be lodged with UKVCAS.

So am not sure if UKVCAS even has my info or not that my application is pending biometeric appointment?

Thanks
Your 'advisor' is telling you porky pies.

Every applicant submits the online form to UKVI and them MUST register with UKCVAS to upload their documents and book a biometrics appointment.
Well just now...I called UKVCAS (to know why i didnt get any mail even though my app was submitted in 28th april)they askes me UAN n other info to verify...they answered tht they are still processing some april applications too....so CR001...if they can verify my UAN n other stuff then does that mean that my app is registered with UKVCAS???

dsharma7
Newly Registered

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:16 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am
It is indeed very frustrating to see people who registered on end of May to be able to book appointments and enrol biometrics. UKVCAS has been talking about fairness in their announcements but I don't see how this is fair. When they chose us for biometric reuse, we should be able to submit our PHOTOS straight away and not wait "few weeks"

I submitted my application on 29 March and registered again with UKVCAS on the same day and uploaded my documents. They shouldn't send emails about biometric reuse until they actually activated the system. I literally missed my opportunity to enrol my biometrics last week because of this. Just because I applied 29th of March I am literally being punished. And people who applied long after me are now able to apply and probably will get decisions before me.

I can understand that they were trying to clear the backlog of customers by doing this but the way they handled it is very poor.

I totally agree with above. I registered on 8th April and got a email about bio-metric re-use on 4th July. It is extremely unfair that people who registered in May are getting decisions before people who registered in March and April. I have also lodged a complaint with UKVCAS and I believe everyone who feels this is unfair should do the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:19 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:16 pm
tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 am

I totally agree with above. I registered on 8th April and got a email about bio-metric re-use on 4th July. It is extremely unfair that people who registered in May are getting decisions before people who registered in March and April. I have also lodged a complaint with UKVCAS and I believe everyone who feels this is unfair should do the same.
The reuse biometric email comes from UKVI and NOT from UKCVAS. UKVI makes decisions on applications, NOT the staff at UKCVAS. UKCVAS is only a third party agent and not in anyway involved in the processing and decision making of visa applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

The reuse biometric email comes from UKVI and NOT from UKCVAS. UKVI makes decisions on applications, NOT the staff at UKCVAS. UKCVAS is only a third party agent and not in anyway involved in the processing and decision making of visa applications.
Sorry, but you are wrong. Biometric re-use email came from UKVCAS (FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>) with the Subject line: COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy.

On the e-mail that they sent they mention that they are working with UKVI to develop a new way to submit photos. See below:

"We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP)."

Furthermore:

"We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps."

So basically UKVI commissioned UKVCAS to develop this system and they are responsible. Not the members of staff at UKVCAS service points specifically, but the people (eg. managers, developers, patrons) behind this development of new way, are responsible.

And obviously UKVCAS is not responsible for decision making. I am aware of the differences between UKVCAS and UKVI. Thanks though for re-mentioning it. Maybe some don't really know the difference.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:28 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm
Sorry, but you are wrong. Biometric re-use email came from UKVCAS (FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>) with the Subject line: COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy.

On the e-mail that they sent they mention that they are working with UKVI to develop a new way to submit photos. See below:

"We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP)."

Furthermore:

"We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps."

So basically UKVI commissioned UKVCAS to develop this system and they are responsible. Not the members of staff at UKVCAS service points specifically, but the people (eg. managers, developers, patrons) behind this development of new way, are responsible.

And obviously UKVCAS is not responsible for decision making. I am aware of the differences between UKVCAS and UKVI. Thanks though for re-mentioning it. Maybe some don't really know the difference.
The system and software used to collect Biometrics is developed by UKVI. UKVCAS simply operate it in their centres. UKVCAS does NOT hold or collect Biometrics data. :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
Now open to customers who applied before 31 May 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 May and 31 May 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 9 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about the next steps.

Accelerating the application process

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point. UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment. If you are one of these cases we will let you know by email – look out for the subject line ‘COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy’.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm

The system and software used to collect Biometrics is developed by UKVI. UKVCAS simply operate it in their centres. UKVCAS does NOT hold or collect Biometrics data. :!: :!:
The current biometric collection system is not what I was talking about. I am talking about biometric reuse which they need to develop a new way for as they clearly mentioned in their e-mail. Whoever is behind the development and decision of biometric reuse is responsible then. UKVI or UKVCAS or both. It doesn't really matter. There is injustice and it needs to be addressed.

Anyway, it is OK to be wrong.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:44 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm
The current biometric collection system is not what I was talking about. I am talking about biometric reuse which they need to develop a new way for as they clearly mentioned in their e-mail. Whoever is behind the development and decision of biometric reuse is responsible then. UKVI or UKVCAS or both. It doesn't really matter. There is injustice and it needs to be addressed.

Anyway, it is OK to be wrong.
The email is talking about a system (probably an app) which allows applicants to send their recent photo. This has nothing to do with Biometrics reuse as UKVI has all that data already. You need to enrol your Biometrics every time for verification purposes, now they are saying only send us your photo and we will reuse your fingerprints we already hold.

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Yeah, ok.

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 pm

The email is talking about a system (probably an app) which allows applicants to send their recent photo. This has nothing to do with Biometrics reuse as UKVI has all that data already. You need to enrol your Biometrics every time for verification purposes, now they are saying only send us your photo and we will reuse your fingerprints we already hold.
Yeah, we are saying the same thing. And that app or whatever still doesn't exist.

For UKVI to be able to use previous biometrics data, they need to develop a new way of submitting a recent photo. Until that photo is submitted, UKVI won't have access to documents uploaded by the applicant and therefore an application is not going to be assessed until this new system is developed either by UKVI or UKVCAS or both.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:56 pm

You are mixing things together. They are now asking people who do not need to attend an appointment to send their docs via email. When they come up with a way to send your photo, then it can all be done. I suggest to follow the trail here, you seem to be new.

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm

I am new here as a registered member. But I have been following it for years. And I have been following this topic since the beginning. I am not mixing anything up. It is not like I am stupid or something. It just feels like you are refusing to understand and that is OK. I am not here to argue. I shared my thoughts and that's all. There is injustice when it comes to the order of things and that will be addressed and challenged which is normal.

Just to clarify, not everybody is getting the same e-mail. None of the applicants for ECAA visas for example, did not get such e-mail. So I would recommend you to not to assume everybody gets the same e-mail for documents from UKVI. The department that assesses Turkish Businessperson applications is a separate team and called ECAA Team.

Plus UKVI confirmed that until a photo is submitted or new biometric is submitted, they won't have access to the documents. (unless of course they have requested documents by e-mail before)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. I will share more information when I hear anything new.

Tony34
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by Tony34 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Gents,

is there any one mentioned in their letters to UKVACS and UKVI the ILR granted date should be application date not the decision date ? otherwise we will all loose 4 months for passport applications.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:56 pm
You are mixing things together. They are now asking people who do not need to attend an appointment to send their docs via email. When they come up with a way to send your photo, then it can all be done. I suggest to follow the trail here, you seem to be new.
Hi Zima,

Are we saying that thse who falls in new approch (reuse bio) ,they will ask doc to send via emails ?

Any one who has send this fall in this category ?

Thanks ,
Paul
Many Thanks .

Tony34
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by Tony34 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:39 pm

yes i did and previously i sent my documents by e-mail as requested by UKVI.

nav18scse

Post by nav18scse » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
nav18scse wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 am
nav18scse wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 am
Hi VikasMandal,
I also received the same mail even though I have account created on the same day when I submitted my applications. Checked again I can see all my uploaded documents are in UKVCAS.

Did you call them and received any update?

Please update me.

Thanks.
Yes, I tried calling UKVI but couldn’t get through.
Called UKVCAS and forwarded the same email to them, they mentioned that they will look into it and get back to me.
Last option would be to reply over the same email but will wait for couple of days for UKVCAS to get back.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Could you please share me the email Ids you have replied?

Thanks.
I haven’t replied to UKVI yet (if you reply on the same email you got from UKVI), i just communicated the same UKVCAS that i got such email from UKVI
Hi VikashMandal,

I managed to talk to UKVCAS after 45 mins waiting time. I have told them about the mail. He said if you have account already then ignore that mail.

Thanks.

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi everyone:
I submitted my application last week and was asked to submit document via email, just curious if the email contained the name of the caseworker, does it mean they are now reviewing your applications?

dsharma7
Newly Registered

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:49 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm
I am new here as a registered member. But I have been following it for years. And I have been following this topic since the beginning. I am not mixing anything up. It is not like I am stupid or something. It just feels like you are refusing to understand and that is OK. I am not here to argue. I shared my thoughts and that's all. There is injustice when it comes to the order of things and that will be addressed and challenged which is normal.

Just to clarify, not everybody is getting the same e-mail. None of the applicants for ECAA visas for example, did not get such e-mail. So I would recommend you to not to assume everybody gets the same e-mail for documents from UKVI. The department that assesses Turkish Businessperson applications is a separate team and called ECAA Team.

Plus UKVI confirmed that until a photo is submitted or new biometric is submitted, they won't have access to the documents. (unless of course they have requested documents by e-mail before)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. I will share more information when I hear anything new.
I think only a person who is going this process can fully understand this so let me explain the unfair bit with example :-

Applicant A - Pays fees and registers on on 29th March but is waiting for progress due to the new Bio-metric reuse policy which is not functional.

Applicant B - Pays fees and registers on 29th May but is able to book appointment as UKVI doesn't have the bio-metrics available.

In the above scenario Applicant A will definitely say its unfair.
Hence the point is , if the image upload facility is not functional then they should have let people who registered first to book the bio-metrics the normal way or make it clear how this new policy will reduce the processing time.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm

nav18scse wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:42 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
nav18scse wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 am

Yes, I tried calling UKVI but couldn’t get through.
Called UKVCAS and forwarded the same email to them, they mentioned that they will look into it and get back to me.
Last option would be to reply over the same email but will wait for couple of days for UKVCAS to get back.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Could you please share me the email Ids you have replied?

Thanks.
I haven’t replied to UKVI yet (if you reply on the same email you got from UKVI), i just communicated the same UKVCAS that i got such email from UKVI
Hi VikashMandal,

I managed to talk to UKVCAS after 45 mins waiting time. I have told them about the mail. He said if you have account already then ignore that mail.

Thanks.
Even I got the same response from UKVCAS, just came here to inform you and saw your post, thanks for communicating.
BTW, You waited 45 mins on call with UKVCAS, calling charges are too much on UKVCAS number :(

usernameswan
Newly Registered

Post by usernameswan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:21 pm

I saw someone who submitted the application on 6 April already received the approval email. It's just confusing how this 'reuse biometric' works...