ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh details?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

legrande
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh details?

Post by legrande » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi there all.

I am in dire need of some information about the minutia of the Singh process.
I was advised by a visa agency that," Because the second part of the process, i.e. applying for a UK residence card, must be done physically in the UK.
Initially your wife would get a family permit valid for six months. Once in the UK she must apply for a residence card.
You must both be in the UK when the second application is made, and it must be done before the end of the year."

Does this mean that my wife can make the application here from Hungary (she is a Serb,not Hungarian) and then VISIT the UK to simply make a residence card application. (staying at a friends place and registering a home address there)
And I, as her husband I need to accompany her for this process?

The reality is we planned to leave Hungary next year, but the info I got indicates that we have to reside for real in the UK for this process. (the singh visa)
This is not clear to me at all.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
Please.

Many thanks.