ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong IHS Number! So Mad at Myself!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

violinboy
Hong Kong

FLR(M) Questions on Tiny Details

Post by violinboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 am

Hi. I'm marrying my British partner on 18th July, 2020 and we're preparing the documents needed for my FLR(M); I'm a student from Hong Kong on a General student visa (Tier 4).

1) Items of correspondence addressed to (ME) and (MY PARTNER) at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years

My partner has lived in that place for 3 years already, but I moved in with my partner in March: do I provide items addressed to my partner A) from the date we first started living together or B) covering the last 2 years?

2) Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

As we're both lodgers renting the accommodation without a licence agreement, I asked for the landlord to make a license agreement today, but he refuses and say he'll write a letter addressing my permission for us to live together since March. Is this enough or we must have a license agreement? Is it too late to make one now?

3) Relationship Documents*

This wasn't mentioned in the checklist for the application, but we'll provide them to ensure the visa is approved. We have some photos taken throughout our time together and WhatsApp records. Are these enough?

We're currently living together since March and my current visa expires in November. Once we've got the marriage certificate we'll apply immediately.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) Questions on Tiny Details

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 am

1. Cohabitation evidences aren't needed now but after 2.5 years (extension time).

2. Change the property to where which is uncrowded preferably a large studio flat/1 bedroom.

3. If you both are living together then no picture/social media record would be needed rather any correspondence jointly/individually addressed will be sufficient to serve the purpose of subsisting relationship.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:01 pm

1) But this item is one of the checkboxes? That means I have to provide it?

2) We don't have the ability to do that now. My concern is if a license a mandatory, or only a letter from landlord explianing we both live here legally without a written agreement is enough?

3) Ok

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:03 pm

1) But this item is one of the checkboxes? That means I have to provide it?
The same form is used for new and extension applications. The checklist is GENERIC. You do NOT have to provide 2 years proof of cohabitation for the first FLR(M) visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:07 pm

violinboy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:01 pm
. My concern is if a license a mandatory, or only a letter from landlord explianing we both live here legally without a written agreement is enough?
Besides the license enigma, you will also need the house inspection report for which you will again need the landlord's permission.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 pm

The landlord seems doesn't want to provide anything but a letter. My partner's guessing he's trying to avoid taxes. I'm worried my visa can get refused just because of no lodger license and house inspection report. What if we state we'll move away right after I got the visa? Or we MUST move away now to prevent this goes wrong?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm

violinboy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 pm
. My partner's guessing he's trying to avoid taxes. -
Not really but a lot of home insurance policies & leases agreement with freeholder/developer doesn't allow that but if so then freeholder might increase the service charges and/or ground rent and insurance companies increase their premium or excess amount.
violinboy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 pm
we MUST move away now to prevent this goes wrong?
Yes. If affordable then just secure a studio flat on 6 months or 12 months with 6 months of break clause with joint named agreement so that you wouldn't need any other letter/report/permission. Once you will get the visa then may move anywhere.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Thank you very much. We'll start looking for a place now.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 pm

I've just realized we're actually applying for a Spouse Visa instead of a FLR(M). Luckily I've prepared all the other documents. Now the only problem is the accommodation. We plan to move to a studio flat. Do we need to fulfill the '110 square feet' requirement under Housing Act 1985? Thank you
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/68/section/326

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:11 am

violinboy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 pm
I've just realized we're actually applying for a Spouse Visa instead of a FLR(M). Luckily I've prepared all the other documents. Now the only problem is the accommodation. We plan to move to a studio flat. Do we need to fulfill the '110 square feet' requirement under Housing Act 1985? Thank you
FLR M is a spouse visa!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 am

violinboy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 pm
Now the only problem is the accommodation. We plan to move to a studio flat. Do we need to fulfill the '110 square feet' requirement under Housing Act 1985? Thank you
A legally converted studio flat will never be lesser than 37 square meter / 398 square feet. However in London there are also some 'micro homes' with 30 square meter / 323 square feet. In my view a studio can easily fulfill the criteria in line with housing act 1985.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks for replying again. May I ask is the '110 sq. ft. or more = 2 people' rule a requirement for 1) the whole studio flat or 2) the biggest 'room' (joint living room-bedroom in a studio flat)?

We've already enquired 12 studio flats nearby. Now we just need to confirm this rule...

Thank you.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:21 pm

violinboy wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm
Thanks for replying again. May I ask is the '110 sq. ft. or more = 2 people' rule a requirement for 1) the whole studio flat or 2) the biggest 'room' (joint living room-bedroom in a studio flat)?

We've already enquired 12 studio flats nearby. Now we just need to confirm this rule...

Thank you.
for 2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 pm

violinboy wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Thank you.
You are over thinking. All the letting agents/landlords are fully aware the threshold and the ramifications of overcrowding under housing act. A studio flat most often copiously meet the criteria same as advised earlier.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:37 pm

Today we went to view a studio flat. It's only about 190 square feet (meets requirement but super crowded)! We are now consider looking at 1-bedroom flats, and we hope to move in August so we can submit the visa application in the same month.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Items of Correspondence

Post by violinboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi. My partner and I are going to move into a self-contained accommodation in August, in order to satisfy the accommodation requirement for the spouse visa.

We've already prepared 12 items, 6 for each of us, from our GP, bank statements, telephone bills, and from the government; their dates spread evenly from the date we furst started living together (March 2020).

Our concern is as we're going to apply for the spouse visa in Auguest, do we still submit 1) all the 12 items of our previous accommodation, 2) gather 12 items of our new address, 3) mix old and new address, or 4) submit 24 items?

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 am

violinboy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi. My partner and I are going to move into a self-contained accommodation in August, in order to satisfy the accommodation requirement for the spouse visa.

We've already prepared 12 items, 6 for each of us, from our GP, bank statements, telephone bills, and from the government; their dates spread evenly from the date we furst started living together (March 2020).

Our concern is as we're going to apply for the spouse visa in Auguest, do we still submit 1) all the 12 items of our previous accommodation, 2) gather 12 items of our new address, 3) mix old and new address, or 4) submit 24 items?

seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 am
Cohabitation evidences aren't needed now but after 2.5 years (extension time).

any correspondence jointly/individually addressed will be sufficient to serve the purpose of subsisting relationship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Items of Correspondence

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:01 am

violinboy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:52 pm

So it's fine if I only have the 12 ones for the old address? There's no need to even send those?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 pm

violinboy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:52 pm
So it's fine if I only have the 12 ones for the old address? There's no need to even send those?
Send whatever you have in both names. But it is always wise to send few documents exchanged at new residence as well.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm

So, you mean 12 items for the old address, and 12 items for the new address if no joint items are found? Thank you.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Last Full Financial Year or Last Two Such Years?

Post by violinboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Hi. My partner is self-employed and I've just realize their income is under the requirement for Jun 2019; it is below GBP1550.

Statement of Account (SA200 or SA302) for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of those two years) for (MY PARTNER)

So, we've requested SA302 for the last two financial years, to apply using Category G: Average of last two full financial years. Is it ok if only the mean average meets the requirement? Referring to
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Thank you

Now I have to go calculate the 'adequate Maintenance', referring to
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
Do I also need to meet this? I'm currently studying in the UK and applying for a spouse visa to stay with my partner.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:10 am

violinboy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm
So, you mean 12 items for the old address, and 12 items for the new address if no joint items are found? Thank you.
Means if possible at least 12 items in total, to be comprised of correspondences from old address and the new address too to cater for the fact of change of residence.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Last Full Financial Year or Last Two Such Years?

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:45 am

violinboy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 pm
Hi. My partner is self-employed and I've just realize their income is under the requirement for Jun 2019; it is below GBP1550.

Statement of Account (SA200 or SA302) for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of those two years) for (MY PARTNER)

So, we've requested SA302 for the last two financial years, to apply using Category G: Average of last two full financial years. Is it ok if only the mean average meets the requirement? Referring to
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Thank you

Now I have to go calculate the 'adequate Maintenance', referring to
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
Do I also need to meet this? I'm currently studying in the UK and applying for a spouse visa to stay with my partner.
I assume you are exempted from meeting the financial requirement since you need to calculate adequate maintenance.

Last 2 financial years divide by 2 to get average and divide by 52 to get weekly amount.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Last Full Financial Year or Last Two Such Years?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:39 am

Topics merged again!! It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Keep all questions in one thread!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)