ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

example cover letter for changed referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hurkartal
Newly Registered
Turkey

Referee without passport

Post by hurkartal » Thu May 14, 2020 10:08 am

Hello,

I am currently applying for naturalisation and have a question about referee.

My first referee has recently become a British citizen with completing his ceremony but due to the current circumstances he couldn't apply for the passport yet. I was wondering is it still ok for me to stand him as a first referee?

Many Thanks

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Referee without passport

Post by Xterra » Thu May 14, 2020 11:22 am

Hi, if you do the application online, the field 'Passport no' is mandatory if the referee is British.

hurkartal
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hurkartal » Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 am

Hi, I forgot the mention this but referee passport field is NOT mandatory in the online form it is optional. Basically the form field is asking "Does your referee have a British passport?" but if I choose no I can still fill the form

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Xterra » Thu May 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi, ah this must be new. There wasnt that option when I did my application. Sorry about this

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri May 15, 2020 12:16 pm

hurkartal wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:08 am
Hello,

I am currently applying for naturalisation and have a question about referee.

My first referee has recently become a British citizen with completing his ceremony but due to the current circumstances he couldn't apply for the passport yet. I was wondering is it still ok for me to stand him as a first referee?

Many Thanks
Any British citizen can be your referee irrespective of how and when they became a citizen. Having a passport is not a requirement for any British citizen, so I'm sure HO have means of checking the eligibility of referees, possibly by cross referencing their details on the form against their databases (e.g. name and DoB), HMRC, and whatever other means they have.

Of course, HO might ask for evidence of his citizenship at any time at which point they will probably contact your referee directly (using the details provided on the form) to clear things up. As such, I would advise that they have such evidence (e.g. naturalisation certificate number) at hand. They might also contact you but I suspect, due to the nature of personal details potentially being asked, they will probably try to get in touch with them first.

Bottom line, yes, you can have them as your referee. But make sure you let them know that HO might be in contact. This includes getting contacted by post at the address listed in the form, so I would advise that they keep a close eye on their mail. Referees should generally be reachable anyway, regardless of circumstances. But in your case there may be a sightly higher chance of HO contacting your referee. If they try but can't reach them or receive no response in time they might ask you to provide another referee.

hurkartal
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hurkartal » Sat May 16, 2020 8:20 am

Thank you very much for your reply.

hurkartal
Newly Registered
Turkey

example cover letter for changed referee

Post by hurkartal » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Hello,

Due to circumstances I have to changed one of my referee which I gave in the online application form.
I am going to provide new referee letter while submitting my document with a cover a letter explaining the reason of change. I was wondering is there any example official cover letter that I can use as a template?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: example cover letter for changed referee

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:44 pm

hurkartal wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:28 pm
Hello,

Due to circumstances I have to changed one of my referee which I gave in the online application form.
I am going to provide new referee letter while submitting my document with a cover a letter explaining the reason of change. I was wondering is there any example official cover letter that I can use as a template?

Thanks
There is no template or example of a letter. Simply write one in your own words and briefly explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.