ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo to send with Naturalisation application & Referee declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sarmin007
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship employment and proof of living questions

Post by Sarmin007 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi Group,

I am filling in my Citizenship application and I have the following questions your help would be highly appreciated.
I am a Director of my limited company since 2013 but last year I had worked in a construction company for 7 months as I was applying for my wife's dependant visa and had to meet a requirement of 18600 salaries and I didn't want to take a risk so started working but I was running my business too. I have the following questions:

1) In my employment history shall I write director of my business from 2013 till now and also add second employment for 7 months last year?

2) As I am a director of a limited company do I need to submit a self-assessment? if yes what years?

3)what document do I need to provide in Proof of living ( 5 years I don't have any p60 or council tax) ?

Thanks in Advance

Sarmin007
Newly Registered
India

Re: Citizenship employment and proof of living questions

Post by Sarmin007 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:39 pm

forgot to ask 1 more question

4) 'Details of your trips outside the UK' do I only need to mention trips in the last 5 years only or all my trips since I have moved to the UK?

Sarmin007
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship Online application director of a company

Post by Sarmin007 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:02 pm

I am about to submit my citizenship online application and I have the following questions your help would be highly appreciated.
I am a Director of my limited company since 2013 but last year I had worked in a construction company for 7 months as I was applying for my wife's dependant visa and had to meet a requirement of 18600 salaries and I didn't want to take a risk so started working but I was running my business too. I have the following questions:

1) In my employment history shall I write director of my business from 2013 till now and also add second employment for 7 months last year?

2) As I am a director of a limited company do I need to submit a self-assessment? if yes what years?

3)what document do I need to provide in Proof of living ( 5 years I don't have any p60 or council tax) ?
4) 'Details of your trips outside the UK' do I only need to mention trips in the last 5 years only or all my trips since I have moved to the UK?

Thank you,
Amber

Sarmin007
Newly Registered
India

Re: Citizenship Online application director of a company

Post by Sarmin007 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Can someone please help with my questions? @CR001

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Citizenship Online application director of a company

Post by vaza » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:29 am

1. Whatever is the truth.

2. This is a question for HMRC - check their website and if you have questions, call them. Generally if you paid enough tax, you don't have to , but there are some circumstances you still should. Being a director means you are also an employee on PAYEE.

If you had dividends from the company, you may need to file a tax return. Talk to your accountant or get one. This is the wrong forum for this.

3. P60s - why not? Your accountant (or whoever manages your company payroll) must issue you one every April-May.

Council tax - again, fix this - add your name to the bill. It should have been declared.

Other proof is government documents, but by the sound of it you are nonEU, so passports for the 5 years is enough. But still fix the P60 and council tax - it will bite in other ways.

4. What does the question ask exactly? Do that! I think it is 5 years (or 3 for some people), but just check the question. As often is said here there are no trick questions.

Careful with tax return amendments that don't match declared income for visas, specially if tax is lower later. This will likely be viewed in bad light.

Sarmin007
Newly Registered
India

Photo to send with Naturalisation application & Referee declaration

Post by Sarmin007 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am slightly confused with the photo that I have to attach to my referee declaration.

1) On a referee declaration, it says I have to glue my picture with backside signed not sure how they can see my sign and name once it will be glued?

2) What photo do I need to attach to the referee declaration as in guidance on the referee declaration it says I can send the digital photo as well but I believe that would be for Passport application, not for naturalization. please advice.
3) Do I need to send my picture with a Naturalisation application?

Your replies would be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Photo to send with Naturalisation application & Referee declaration

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:11 pm

Topics merged!! Please keep all your questions in on topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Photo to send with Naturalisation application & Referee declaration

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm

1) On a referee declaration, it says I have to glue my picture with backside signed not sure how they can see my sign and name once it will be glued?
In case HO asks for the original, it is to match it up if the photo comes off the application for any reason.
2) What photo do I need to attach to the referee declaration as in guidance on the referee declaration it says I can send the digital photo as well but I believe that would be for Passport application, not for naturalization. please advice.
You need to attaché a physical photo, not a digital one.
3) Do I need to send my picture with a Naturalisation application?
No, your photo will be taken digitally at your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.