ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink Drive conviction and Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Issue1985
Newly Registered
Ghana

New rules for biometrics

Post by Issue1985 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Dear all,
I applied for ILR on got my biometrics taken on friday 10/01/2020 using the super priority service.
An email was sent to me on Monday 13/01/2020 that it has been granted.
I applied for BC on Saturday 13/06/2020 (married to a British Citizen and being lawfully resident in the Uk for 5.5 years)
I received an email on Monday 15/06/2020 from UKVI that my application has been received and is being considered, and that it may take up to 6 months, but if Unable to process application I will be contacted ASAP.

A Case ID was also provided.
My question is, is it possible to receive this email when I have not attended a biometric appointment?
Or as per the new development or biometric reuse, HO might be considering the use of my recent biometrics taken about 6 months ago?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: New rules for biometrics

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Issue1985 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 pm
Dear all,
I applied for ILR on got my biometrics taken on friday 10/01/2020 using the super priority service.
I applied for BC on Saturday 13/06/2020 (married to a British Citizen and being lawfully resident in the Uk for 5.5 years)
I received an email on Monday 15/06/2020 from UKVI that my application has been received and is being considered, and that it may take up to 6 months, but if Unable to process application I will be contacted ASAP.

My question is, is it possible to receive this email when I have not attended a biometric appointment?
Or as per the new development or biometric reuse, HO might be considering the use of my recent biometrics taken about 6 months ago?
This is a generic email which usually majority receive after applying online within 2/3 days. Some who do not receive this is due to some technical error in pushing through the automated generic emails.
Good you received it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Issue1985
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: New rules for biometrics

Post by Issue1985 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 pm
Issue1985 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 pm
Dear all,

This is a generic email which usually majority receive after applying online within 2/3 days. Some who do not receive this is due to some technical error in pushing through the automated generic emails.
Good you received it.
Many thanks for the reply