ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences and documents - Tier 2 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

questworld28
Newly Registered
India

Absences and documents - Tier 2 to ILR

Post by questworld28 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 am

Hello Everyone,

I am considering an application for ILR Set(O) and have been wondering about a few questions. I would greatly appreciate if there are any inputs from the experienced members of the community.

My questions are as follows:

Q1) My first question is regarding reporting of absences. My initial entry to UK was delayed by 12 days from the date the entry clearance was granted. Does this need to be included in the Set(O) within the section that describes the absence from UK and Crown dependencies?

The question arises from my understanding that I become eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before the five year anniversary of the date printed on the Entry clearance. I had a delayed entry (of about 12 days) which is mentioned as my date of first entry to UK in the Set(O) application form. But this leaves open the question of when the entry clearance was granted, as it is not asked anywhere in the Set(O) form?

Q2) Some of the other documents required for the application are (a) Evidence of immigration status &(b) Current BRP

Would copies of my entry clearance and different BRPs issued over the years count as evidence of immigration status? I would have thought that just my current BRP would suffice as evidence of immigration status.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone for your valuable time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absences and documents - Tier 2 to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 am

Q1. Yes it counts towards the absence but doesn't need to be declared. HO do know the rules and have your full history, so need to stress about not putting your visa issue date in the form.

Q2. You only need to submit your CURRENT BRP card. None of the others.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:29 pm

I have the same question, and I didn't quite understand CR001 answer:

The application explicitly asks you to check *two different* bullets:

- Current biometric residence permit;
- Evidence of immigration status in the UK.

So it is unclear, should I check *both* bullets, but only submit my BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:29 pm
I have the same question, and I didn't quite understand CR001 answer:

The application explicitly asks you to check *two different* bullets:

- Current biometric residence permit;
- Evidence of immigration status in the UK.

So it is unclear, should I check *both* bullets, but only submit my BRP?
Please continue your questions in your existing topic you already have.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1898066
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

questworld28
Newly Registered
India

Post by questworld28 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you very much for the reply CR001.

I applied completed the application and made the payment earlier this week. I also uploaded my documents to UKVCAS website and was able to submit it. Now the uploads section that describe what has been uploaded seems to be frozen(not clickable).

Would you or any of the members know what to do next? Or have I done something wrong? There is no email about what has happened (after I clicked submit) or what might happen.

I understand there is a backlog with the appointments and would not be able to book one anytime soon.

Thank you for the help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 pm

questworld28 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:27 pm
Thank you very much for the reply CR001.

I applied completed the application and made the payment earlier this week. I also uploaded my documents to UKVCAS website and was able to submit it. Now the uploads section that describe what has been uploaded seems to be frozen(not clickable).

Would you or any of the members know what to do next? Or have I done something wrong? There is no email about what has happened (after I clicked submit) or what might happen.

I understand there is a backlog with the appointments and would not be able to book one anytime soon.

Thank you for the help.
You do not get an email confirmation. Once you submitted, the next screen would have said “submitted successfully”. Plus the document upload section usually still is functional. You can not remove already submitted documents but can add more before the appointment. Try logging out and loggin in again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

questworld28
Newly Registered
India

Post by questworld28 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Yes, that indeed seems to be the situation. Thank you very much for the clarification.

Cheers :)

questworld28
Newly Registered
India

Post by questworld28 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 am

Hello members,

I have recently had a decision letter from home office for a SetO application (yesterday 3rd September). The new BRP is probably getting ready or maybe already on its way (perhaps too optimistic).

However due to certain extenuating circumstances, I have to change my address in the next few days. I was wondering if there is a way to request home office to change the address and redirect the BRP to a new address after the decision has been rendered?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:47 pm

questworld28 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 am
In normal circumstances, BRP is delivered with 5-7 working days in most of the cases. Not sure about post-covid.
Changing an address at such a short notice is not recommended. However, you can use UKVI address update service. Not sure how quick it will be processed though. You may consider to keep a contact at your old property if possible.
You can try using Royal Mail Redirection but it is not always accurate and not to be trusted for official mail.
You can just hope you receive a BRP before you move. If BRP is lost, it is a pain to get it replaced again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:54 pm

questworld28 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:45 am

However due to certain extenuating circumstances, I have to change my address in the next few days. I was wondering if there is a way to request home office to change the address and redirect the BRP to a new address after the decision has been rendered?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you
With DX the receiver can arrange to receive their BRP at their alternative address such as on their work, so try to enquire from TNT about that? Also Royal mail redirection don't redirect private couriers.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.