ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Passport with Valid ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashontherun
India

Expired Passport with Valid ILR

Post by ashontherun » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Hello,

This is a question for one of my colleagues who is going for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension to ILR Route - 5 years.

One of the employee has Indian passport which expired in 2017 and but the Residence Permit is Valid until 2025. This employee is going for British passport in a month. So my question is that can he take this person as an employee with expired passport? What could be the implication?

Please advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Expired Passport with Valid ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

No issues. His ILR BRP is only important. Many have not been able to renew their passports
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ashontherun
India

Re: Expired Passport with Valid ILR

Post by ashontherun » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Thank you Zimba as always for your speedy reply.

He will be relieved to hear this. Cheers!