ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I book in advance more than one Life in the UK test?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can I book in advance more than one Life in the UK test?

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Isn't it funny that I have to repeatedly post the reminder on the COVID19 UKVCAS topic and they are complaining me doing it. They do not understand that this question is being asked every day :?

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1911744
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 pm

* Actually I'm quite afraid to ask anything in a different post, lest I will be immediately reprimanded and chastised for starting a new thread, god forbid, and then being told that I NEED TO ASK MY QUESTIONS ON MY OWN THREAD, AND NOT START A NEW THREAD (yes, in capital letters, possibly even in red!).

So the upshot is that, no, I don't find it funny :wink:

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 pm
Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:19 pm
Hello everyone,

So I am finally set to submit my ILR application, after passing the LiUK and English exams (yes, I've read the official LiUK book, and used the informal website that provides all 45 sample exams).

The application website asks me to check the following bullets and submit the documents for:

- Current biometric residence permit;
- Evidence of immigration status in the UK.

Question1: It is unclear, should I check *both* bullets, but only submit my BRP?

Thank you for your assistance.
Either. It is the same thing. Some people don't have a BRP and were issued with a 5 year visa vignette, which is what the second question refers to.

Okay, thank you. I will submit only my BRP then.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:40 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 pm
* Actually I'm quite afraid to ask anything in a different post, lest I will be immediately reprimanded and chastised for starting a new thread, god forbid, and then being told that I NEED TO ASK MY QUESTIONS ON MY OWN THREAD, AND NOT START A NEW THREAD (yes, in capital letters, possibly even in red!).

So the upshot is that, no, I don't find it funny :wink:
I was referring to the complains and moaning in the said thread from others, not you asking questions here. I am happy to answer queries but we still get a few moaners :roll:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Hello all again!

I need to submit some documents as part of my ILR application.

UKVI website asks for:

Mandatory:

- Police registration certificate
- Passport

Other Documents:
- Language certificate
- Letter from employer
- Signed deceleration by myself
- All previous passports that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
- Current Biometric Residence Permit
- Bank statement and Payslip
- Letter from the Sponsor etc.

The website says precisely:

You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals.

You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so.

Question:

- Do I need to send my residence permit or can I send only a copy?
- Do I need to send all my passports (the current one, and the expired one with the initial UK visa)? Or only send the current one and the expired one?

Very confusing.... :shock:

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:25 am

No physical evidence is sent. They are all copies. Passports covering the last five years

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Okay. Thank you.