ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application in India and corona

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Spouse visa application in India and corona

Post by Aarav086 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi everyone

My husband and I applied for his UK spouse visa on 12th March 2020 in Delhi, India, just before the situation with Corona escalated dramatically. We’ve applied under the priority option.

We tried called the British high commission in Delhi and were told visa office is closed but they might be working from home. We also have sent an email to the visa status customer care address and waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know anything about the situation currently with visas? Has anyone else applied at around the same time and since received their visa ie no delay due to corona?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa application in India and corona

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
Does anyone know anything about the situation currently with visas?
Very little guidance/information on this issue right now. The government has a lot to deal with and visa processing will not be at the top of the list. Probably best to expect things may take a bit longer with UK government advice on home working and self-isolation.
Aarav086 wrote:
Has anyone else applied at around the same time and since received their visa ie no delay due to corona?
Please see the timeline thread below for a rough idea on processing times.
immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... 1-620.html
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

hardeepsingh09
United Kingdom

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Hi everyone

My husband and I applied for his UK spouse visa on 12th March 2020 in Delhi, India, just before the situation with Corona escalated dramatically. We’ve applied under the priority option.

We tried called the British high commission in Delhi and were told visa office is closed but they might be working from home. We also have sent an email to the visa status customer care address and waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know anything about the situation currently with visas? Has anyone else applied at around the same time and since received their visa ie no delay due to corona?

Hi,
there is no point contacting the home office now as everyone is in isolation and you should pray that application is delayed until this curfew situation is over and travelling gets back to normal because even if you do receive your visa it will only be valid for a month and the way things are going on at the moment it doesn't look it will be over before 2-3months. I am in the same position. applied for my wife on 14 Feb standard application and received an email stating that decision has been made and then this curfew situation happened and status went back to under processing so I believe they are holding onto the passports until everything gets back to normal.

Mfareedh92
United Kingdom

Post by Mfareedh92 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 am

What happens to all the applications that made in December. It's honestly so frustrating. It's bad enough they don't tell you but now it will be worse!

The least they could is email to let the applicants knows the process will be delayed further due to the situation.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Mfareedh92 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 am
What happens to all the applications that made in December. Delayed It's honestly so frustrating. It's bad enough they don't tell you but now it will be worse!

The least they could is email to let the applicants knows the process will be delayed further due to the situation. HO is swamped like the rest of most establishments

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Post by Aarav086 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:08 pm

UPDATE:

Received 2 emails today from Home Office within 1 minute of each other. I’m hoping that the ‘application not straight forward’ email is purely because of this Covid situation and not because there’s any issues. Has anyone else received such emails?

1st Email:
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

2nd Email:

Dear Customer,

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide impacts of COVID-19, and resulting Visa Application Centre (VAC) closures in your region, your application has been placed on hold.

We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application.

Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided.

If you’ve paid for courier return, your passport will be returned, where local permissions allow.

If your passport is currently held in a VAC and you need it returned urgently, but have not previously arranged for it to be returned by courier, please contact the visa application centre where you lodged your application to discuss return. For TLS at https://pos.tlscontact.com/par_en/contact and for VFS customercare@vfsglobal.com

Finally, if you are concerned about your situation please contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline at: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Post by Aarav086 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:16 pm

hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Aarav086 wrote:
Hi everyone

Hi,
there is no point contacting the home office now as everyone is in isolation and you should pray that application is delayed until this curfew situation is over and travelling gets back to normal because even if you do receive your visa it will only be valid for a month and the way things are going on at the moment it doesn't look it will be over before 2-3months. I am in the same position. applied for my wife on 14 Feb standard application and received an email stating that decision has been made and then this curfew situation happened and status went back to under processing so I believe they are holding onto the passports until everything gets back to normal.

Hi - I saw in the timeline post that HO contacted you for more documents. Can I confirm how they contacted ie via email or..? Additionally, you mentioned above that you were originally sent an email saying decision made and then it went back to processing during the lockdown. Did you hear anything further on this?

Thanks

hardeepsingh09
United Kingdom

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:04 am

First they emailed me on Thursday requesting for accounts as i am.self employed and i provided them sa100 and financial calculations but then they called this monday mentioning that they already have sa100's and they need accounts/balance sheet so i provided that on tuesday so waiting for decision now.

Z_Ahmad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Z_Ahmad » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:44 am

hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:04 am
First they emailed me on Thursday requesting for accounts as i am.self employed and i provided them sa100 and financial calculations but then they called this monday mentioning that they already have sa100's and they need accounts/balance sheet so i provided that on tuesday so waiting for decision now.
Hi. Do you know if they normally ask for an accounts/balance sheet for self employed individuals? If you don't mind me asking did you have an accountant prepare your accounts?

munzzz123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by munzzz123 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am

Z_Ahmad wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:44 am
hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Hi. Do you know if they normally ask for an accounts/balance sheet for self employed individuals? If you don't mind me asking did you have an accountant prepare your accounts?
Hi, My wife applied back in march and we finally managed to secure an appointment last week to submit the documents and biometrics.

I am self employed and my accountant prepared the accounts with a certificate signed by him. Was'nt this part of the required documents for you?

Z_Ahmad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Z_Ahmad » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:08 am

munzzz123 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am
Z_Ahmad wrote:
hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Hi, My wife applied back in march and we finally managed to secure an appointment last week to submit the documents and biometrics.

I am self employed and my accountant prepared the accounts with a certificate signed by him. Was'nt this part of the required documents for you?
Yes i had an accountant do the same, accounts and a certificate also.

hardeepsingh09
United Kingdom

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:14 am

munzzz123 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am
Z_Ahmad wrote:
hardeepsingh09 wrote:
First, they emailed me on Thursday requesting for accounts as I am self-employed and I provided them SA100 and financial calculations but then they called this Monday mentioning that they already have sa100's and they need accounts/balance sheet so I provided that on Tuesday so waiting for decision now.
Hi. Do you know if they normally ask for an accounts/balance sheet for self-employed individuals? If you don't mind me asking did you have an accountant prepare your accounts?
Hi, My wife applied back in March and we finally managed to secure an appointment last week to submit the documents and biometrics.

I am self-employed and my accountant prepared the accounts with a certificate signed by him. Wasn't this part of the required documents for you?
I provided my SA100, financial calculations, tax year overview, and accountant certificate but not accounts but they asked for it. So I would say provide them that as well so the process is quicker for u.

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Post by Aarav086 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:45 pm

hardeepsingh09 wrote:

Oh ok, thanks for coming back. We’ve followed up several times and now my husband is on his 4th/5th “escalation”. We were told that the initial checks raised further checks which is why it’s taking time. However this was in the middle of the lockdown and when also nothing was open, so not really sure whether it’s true or the lock down was the cause for delay!

Best of luck, I hope we both hear something soon!

hardeepsingh09
United Kingdom

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:45 pm
hardeepsingh09 wrote:

Oh ok, thanks for coming back. We’ve followed up several times and now my husband is on his 4th/5th “escalation”. We were told that the initial checks raised further checks which is why it’s taking time. However this was in the middle of the lockdown and when also nothing was open, so not really sure whether it’s true or the lock down was the cause for delay!

Best of luck, I hope we both hear something soon!
Nothing major. they have a huge backlog of applications. I would recommend not to email them as that can raise flags sometimes.