ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paul99

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:09 am

Whizart wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:02 am
Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 am
Hi ,Does any one know how there are identifying groups they can reuse bio and Do fresh BIo- via appointment?

Is this based on last bio enroll date ? more than 2-5 years has to go to new appointment?or still having visa valid for few more moths ?-not expired or close to expire?

Any Ideas & thoughts?
My wife and I gave our last biometric on SEP 2017 and both our visa expired in May. I submitted my application start of May and my wife submitted hers end of May. However, I got the re-use of biometrics email AND my wife received the email to book the appointment. So I am not sure if there is any pattern behind their approach.
It is more frustrating for all -
Many Thanks .

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:37 am

Hi Team...

Quick question pls - whoever has received the email for re-use biometric,only after the photo has been provided, then only UKVI will commence to pick up the application? (or) they would have commenced processing the respective application even before providing the photo?

Thanks

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am

ap1410 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:04 am
Which category did you apply for ? New Tier 2 General visa ?
SET (LR)

a_london1
Newly Registered

Post by a_london1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:55 am

vijayswami wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:37 am
Hi Team...

Quick question pls - whoever has received the email for re-use biometric,only after the photo has been provided, then only UKVI will commence to pick up the application? (or) they would have commenced processing the respective application even before providing the photo?

Thanks
Logically nothing stops them from processing the application (and even making a tentative decision) before we are able to submit the photos but who knows? Here is the direct quote from the email:

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am

vijayswami wrote:
Hi Team...

Thanks
Providing recent photo is part of application process and the process is not completed till you provide the photo.
Even if they pick your application now then you might not get a decision till your application process is completed (i.e. till you submit a photo), that’s my assumption.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am

vijayswami wrote:
Hi Team...

Thanks
No one knows what's going on at the back end. Most of us have already uploaded our supporting docs on the UKVCAS website.There has been no communication from UKVI that suggests they are proceeding with our application prior to collecting the photographs.

a_london1
Newly Registered

Post by a_london1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:35 am

Whizart wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am
vijayswami wrote:
Hi Team...

Thanks
No one knows what's going on at the back end. Most of us have already uploaded our supporting docs on the UKVCAS website.There has been no communication from UKVI that suggests they are proceeding with our application prior to collecting the photographs.
This is not correct. UKVI contacted some of the applicants directly asking to submit their documents via email so that they can start processing. Please see the email verbatim below.

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the latest government advice, for the safety of our customers and our staff, we have temporarily suspended the UKVCAS service locations where you would ordinarily take your documents to be scanned in support of your application along with submitting your biometric details.

We are keen for this disruption to have a minimal impact on our processing times and as such we are asking that you send us scanned copies of the following documents: -

To the e-mail address ****@homeoffice.gov.uk where we will be able to process your application to the next stage of our assessment which will minimise delays to your application caused by these extraordinary circumstances.

If you are unable to provide the requested documents due to the current situation, please reply to the above e-mail address. This will not adversely affect your application.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:47 am

they are finding possible ways to speed up the things, looks slowness is from 3rpart service UKVCAS who is not upto the speed-this is my understanding.
Many Thanks .

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:47 am
they are finding possible ways to speed up the things, looks slowness is from 3rpart service UKVCAS who is not upto the speed-this is my understanding.
It is good, as the process has clearly been incredibly inneficient for a while and has layers of unecessary red tape. At least they are conducting a review of how they can get things moving.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:23 pm

a_london1 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:35 am
Whizart wrote:
vijayswami wrote:
Hi Team...

Thanks
This is not correct. UKVI contacted some of the applicants directly asking to submit their documents via email so that they can start processing. Please see the email verbatim below.

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the latest government advice, for the safety of our customers and our staff, we have temporarily suspended the UKVCAS service locations where you would ordinarily take your documents to be scanned in support of your application along with submitting your biometric details.

We are keen for this disruption to have a minimal impact on our processing times and as such we are asking that you send us scanned copies of the following documents: -

To the e-mail address ****@homeoffice.gov.uk where we will be able to process your application to the next stage of our assessment which will minimise delays to your application caused by these extraordinary circumstances.

If you are unable to provide the requested documents due to the current situation, please reply to the above e-mail address. This will not adversely affect your application.
Sorry, I should've mentioned that there has been no communication from UKVI to "the applicants who are eligible for reuse of biometrics"

Did any of the applicants who are eligible for Re-Use of Biometrics received this email ? I've been following this thread from the beginning and I've seen a few other applicants stating that they were asked to email their docs, BUT I didn't notice any "Reuse Biometrics" eligible applicants mentioning that they received such email from UKVI to email them the documents. Can someone please confirm this ?

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Whizart wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:23 pm
a_london1 wrote:
Whizart wrote:
vijayswami wrote:
Hi Team...

Thanks

Sorry, I should've mentioned that there has been no communication from UKVI to "the applicants who are eligible for reuse of biometrics"

Did any of the applicants who are eligible for Re-Use of Biometrics received this email ? I've been following this thread from the beginning and I've seen a few other applicants stating that they were asked to email their docs, BUT I didn't notice any "Reuse Biometrics" eligible applicants mentioning that they received such email from UKVI to email them the documents. Can someone please confirm this ?

I am one of the applicants (SET LR) originally applied on 9th May, all of my documents are already uploaded on UKCAS site. I received the email on 4th July from UKVCAS that, UKVI will reuse my fingerprints and for facial image, they are developing a new way for which they will contact in a few weeks.

As the documents are already with them, there have been no emails to send the documents via email.

I can still see on UKVCAS site, there are no appointments available to me, which is in line with their email on 4th July which says "you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point."
There has been no further update to elaborate "few weeks" as when can I submit the facial image.

If there is already an existing process to access facial image for any specific category, why can't the same be used for the rest of the categories?

tbp

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm

I received a response for my complaint to UKVCAS. Unfortunately there is no confirmed date for biometric reuse system.

Quote from their response:
"I can confirm you have been identified as a customer who will not need to attend an appointment for your application. You will receive an email from UKVCAS in due course advising of the next steps. Unfortunately I cannot confirm when this email will be sent to you and I am not able to confirm details of the biometric reuse process, for the time being we ask for your patience."

I am escalating it further, and asking them to explain themselves. If such a system does not exist at the moment, why we were identified to be part of it without our consent and approval? I told them this is against my rights and I would like a full inquiry to go ahead if they can not provide a solution.

I also asked them to invite me to book an appointment for biometrics with UKVCAS at their earliest inconvenience as the solution.

I would recommend everybody to do the same with their complaint procedure. Then we might see some light at the end of the tunnel.

dsharma7
Newly Registered

Post by dsharma7 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 pm

I have also received response to the complaint I made

You explained you are concerned that as you have been identified as eligible for the new biometric reuse process your application is being unduly delayed. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. UKVCAS and UKVI are working closely to tackle to significant demand for appointments. As you have been identified as being eligible for this new process you will receive an email advising of the next steps in the coming weeks. UKVI has issued guidance on this new process and the impact of COVID-19 on immigration and visas. Please refer to UKVI's Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK for more information.

I will also be escalating it further.

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gbvs2020 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm

srirav wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Gbvs2020 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 pm
srirav wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:44 pm
Gbvs2020 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Hi have you received any email from them? I’m still waiting for my email either for reusing my bimetrics or new appointment invitation. UKVCAS has just updated again saying they will be now doing the May applications. I have applied in April, it’s concerning me now. Thanks
No i havent got any communication...am equally concerned....atleast UKVCAS shd put in simple n clearenglish...how can they say that they would contact everyone ( who lodged application by 30th april) by 4th july ....irony is they HAVENT :(

When I called them they said to keep checking emails. I’m going to call them again. Please keep us updated and I will do the same. Thanks
Sure...will try to call them too
I tried calling them and didn’t get much information. Still waiting for email. Did you get anything?

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gbvs2020 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:19 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 pm
I have also received response to the complaint I made

You explained you are concerned that as you have been identified as eligible for the new biometric reuse process your application is being unduly delayed. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. UKVCAS and UKVI are working closely to tackle to significant demand for appointments. As you have been identified as being eligible for this new process you will receive an email advising of the next steps in the coming weeks. UKVI has issued guidance on this new process and the impact of COVID-19 on immigration and visas. Please refer to UKVI's Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK for more information.

I will also be escalating it further.
When did you file the complaint? Thanks

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Anyone who registered with UKVCAS between “1st May - 31st May” (I understand that there are few on this forum who didn’t get any email who registered before 1st May) didn’t get any email for reuse of biometric or appointment?
Just wanted to understand if there is any pattern for such cases in May

gaukhar
Newly Registered

Post by gaukhar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Guys please just remember the people working at UKVCAS are people like us.

I understand how you feel, we are all in the same boat and we are definitely being treated badly and unfairly. But we are all in this together ❤ including the employees at UKVCAS. From the emails you are posting I can see the employees are staying polite and professional.

Please be mindful and dont be mean these people, they most likely have no choice because they are just trying to provide for their families by working there, it is not their fault. They are not the bad guys. The system in is broken and we should demand more humane treatment from the government through MPs once we become citizens. I can see how passionate you are, so let's use it in a productive way to make a change instead.

Being mean to the UKVCAS employees might make you feel vindicated right now but it can ruin some poor person's day. Please try and understand and be as kind as you can. We all have bad days.

Thank you and good luck!

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Gbvs2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm
srirav wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Gbvs2020 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 pm
srirav wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:44 pm

No i havent got any communication...am equally concerned....atleast UKVCAS shd put in simple n clearenglish...how can they say that they would contact everyone ( who lodged application by 30th april) by 4th july ....irony is they HAVENT :(

When I called them they said to keep checking emails. I’m going to call them again. Please keep us updated and I will do the same. Thanks
Sure...will try to call them too
I tried calling them and didn’t get much information. Still waiting for email. Did you get anything?
No :( ..i called them yday n they said they are still working on april applications as well..even though they moved on to applications from may 1 to 31

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 pm

gaukhar wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:31 pm
Guys please just remember the people working at UKVCAS are people like us.

I understand how you feel, we are all in the same boat and we are definitely being treated badly and unfairly. But we are all in this together ❤ including the employees at UKVCAS. From the emails you are posting I can see the employees are staying polite and professional.

Please be mindful and dont be mean these people, they most likely have no choice because they are just trying to provide for their families by working there, it is not their fault. They are not the bad guys. The system in is broken and we should demand more humane treatment from the government through MPs once we become citizens. I can see how passionate you are, so let's use it in a productive way to make a change instead.

Being mean to the UKVCAS employees might make you feel vindicated right now but it can ruin some poor person's day. Please try and understand and be as kind as you can. We all have bad days.

Thank you and good luck!
Perfect, Feel good to see some positive post after a while here :)

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:58 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 pm
Whizart wrote:
a_london1 wrote:
Whizart wrote:

I am one of the applicants (SET LR) originally applied on 9th May, all of my documents are already uploaded on UKCAS site. I received the email on 4th July from UKVCAS that, UKVI will reuse my fingerprints and for facial image, they are developing a new way for which they will contact in a few weeks.

As the documents are already with them, there have been no emails to send the documents via email.

I can still see on UKVCAS site, there are no appointments available to me, which is in line with their email on 4th July which says "you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point."
There has been no further update to elaborate "few weeks" as when can I submit the facial image.

If there is already an existing process to access facial image for any specific category, why can't the same be used for the rest of the categories?

Hi, I've uploaded my documents on the UKVCAS website too. But there has been no clarity whether UKVI has picked up our application or not whilst we are waiting to upload our facial image to complete the biometric process. I just hope they do, or else its just going to create unnecessary delays.

aceace
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by aceace » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:11 pm
aceace wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Good afternoon,

Hope this is the right place for the question (if not apologies in advance to moderators and please advise where best to move it). I have searched everywhere for an answer but cannot find it neither on this forum nor gov .uk.

I am about to submit my UK citizenship online application, and understand that leaving and re-entering the UK whilst the application is being processed is allowed. What I'm not clear about is whether leaving and re-entering the UK is allowed BEFORE attending a biometric appointment, or not?

This is particularly relevant in light of the recent introduction of "biometric reuse" - if I get selected for this (and not have to attend a biometric appointment at all) does that imply I will be free to leave and re-enter the UK from the day after my online application is submitted?

Thanks
You are free to travel.

P.S pls start your own thread for future questions. This topic is for biometrics appointment discussion only.
Hi CULLINAN, thanks for the reply and the P.S.; I thought that my question does have some relevance to the biometrics appointment thread and other visitors may be in a similar position. I've created a separate topic for my question here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 03209.html
If anyone is in the same boat or has been prior and can help out, please reply on the linked topic! Thank you, aceace

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 pm
Whizart wrote:
a_london1 wrote:
Whizart wrote:

Update: On the UKVCAS site, within the documents upload section, a new option is now available to submit the documents to UKVI. Below is the message now displayed after submission of the documents to UKVI:

"You have successfully submitted your documents to UKVI

Thank you for successfully submitting your documents.

If you need to upload additional documents you can continue to do so and a UKVCAS agent will ensure they are submitted to UKVI at your appointment."

So the conclusion is, if you have uploaded the documents to UKVCAS site, it does not mean the documents are automatically submitted to UKVI, keep checking your account and at a given point of time, you have to submit it. I am assuming, this option is available to those who have been communicated regarding the reuse of biometrics and to those who have been able to book their appointments.

palmuru
Newly Registered

Post by palmuru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:44 am

This looks one time activity ,normally once bio is done and doc is verified (if needed) by UKVCAS doc will be released to UKVI before by UKVCAS.

Now this option is introduce us to release if all we uploaded , is not having change until UKVCAS BIO to review it.
is this option coming for all or just for those coming under category re-use BIO only ?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:15 am

I haven’t received the reuse email but I also see this in my UKVCAS account.

I was asked to send my documents via email earlier this week which I did. I think this mechanism is perhaps just a formalisation of that?

I will wait until we get more info about uploading photos before using this new tool

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:23 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:15 am
I haven’t received the reuse email but I also see this in my UKVCAS account.

I was asked to send my documents via email earlier this week which I did. I think this mechanism is perhaps just a formalisation of that?

I will wait until we get more info about uploading photos before using this new tool
Not sure if this option is available for all even if they haven’t got any email to submit the documents or reuse the biometric or have an appointment booked.
It seems that atleast UKVI will start validating the documents and be ready with decision before the biometric information and as soon as they get biometric details, decision will be send out.
This seems to be expediating the process