ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of work - Funds requirements for Visa for child born outside the UK to ILR parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijay80
Newly Registered
India

Out of work - Funds requirements for Visa for child born outside the UK to ILR parents

Post by vijay80 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:55 am

Hi,

We are ILR parents of a child born outside the UK. We are in the process of applying for a settlement visa for our child using the online form at
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ier-5-visa

At one point it says "are going to live with you and your partner and be supported by you without using public funds". When I search for the requirements at https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income,
I see that the income should be 18600 + 3800 for first child and we must show that the earnings to be with a same employer over the period of 6 months.

Question: Do ILR parents too have to meet the income eligibility? I have my own house in the UK and accommodating my child is not an issue.

I have worked with multiple employers in the last year. Now opted out of work for the past 6 months and stranded outside the UK for the past 4 months due to Covid, I wanted to know how to prove our income.

My options are
1. Come to the UK and work for 6 months and then apply for my child
2. Have got cash savings of around 8000, short of 8000 of the 16000 required. So sell some stocks and arrange cash requirement of 16000 and maintain for 6 months and then apply

In either case, this means that I need to wait for 6 months minimum. Am I missing any options here ?

vinny

Re: Out of work - Funds requirements for Visa for child born outside the UK to ILR parents

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 am

ILR parents require adequate maintenance for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vijay80
Newly Registered
India

Re: Out of work - Funds requirements for Visa for child born outside the UK to ILR parents

Post by vijay80 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Thank you for quick reply.

I saw the link(s) provided, that refers to the Family member visa for a child born to British parents.
Went into the details and I see that the rules are applicable to ILR parents too. Thanks a lot.

So, in short, for a child who is born outside the UK to ILR parents, they just need to meet the adequate and appropriate maintenance and accommodation and need NOT meet the financial requirement (£ 24000 Plus)rules.

Now, regarding the proof of income, I see the following at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf

b) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter
period as the current employment has been held

Does the above point mean that I can show only the payslips of my current employment however short the duration is ?

Please bear with my lengthy details and question.

As I was stranded outside the UK and my child's birth had to be outside the UK, I didn't plan for the visa in advance. I will be coming to the UK once the international flight restrictions are removed. Need to know what is the shortest time I can take to meet the adequate maintenance and apply for the visa.

Please comment on my following scenario.

The adequate maintenance required in my case is
£114.85 for couple
£17.45 family premium
£66.90 x 1 (£66.90 for each dependant child)

Which works out to £ 200 per week and Approximately £ 1100 per calendar month plus mortgage and accommodation costs.

Since they generally are asking for the 6 months details, Safely I assume they will be looking for the amount £ 1100 * 6 which is £ 6600. In that case, can I apply the moment my net earnings become £ 6600 ? If I add my current cash savings of £ 8000 / 52 = 153 per week and around £600 per month. So, ideally if I have a net salary £ 6000 plus my cash savings in a month, can I apply for the visa in a month or two ? Or I need to complete 6 months to apply for the visa?

Thank you again in advance.