ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wearing a mask/face covering when taking LIUK test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iwant_to_wear_a_mask
Newly Registered
Aruba

Wearing a mask/face covering when taking LIUK test

Post by iwant_to_wear_a_mask » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am

This my first post on this forum, so please bear with me.

My test is scheduled to be on 08/08 (in England if this makes any difference). I would like to wear a mask while taking it. As far as I know there is no information about whether it would be permissible to do that. Additionally, I could not find any details on how the test centres are going to adhere to the COVID-19 Secure guidelines [1]. The only official info about how the test is run [2] states that I will need to consent to have my photo taken. While I am happy to be photographed while wearing a mask, this defeats the stated purpose of having my identity checked. I will not be comfortable removing a mask inside a building with other people.

Has anyone taken this test recently? What is the situation with social distancing and what is the policy on people wearing masks?

[1] https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-saf ... ct-centres
[2] https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/litu ... atToExpect

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wearing a mask/face covering when taking LIUK test

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:53 am

You will need to remove your mask for the photo otherwise the photo is useless for identity purposes.

I am fairly certain that they will have processes in place in line with government guidelines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Wearing a mask/face covering when taking LIUK test

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Why is this question being asked here ??! Why not contact the centre and seek their advice :?:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice