ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family member of Eu Citizen permit ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Extended Family member of Eu Citizen permit ?

Post by Irfan1648 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi, I hope you’re good, your help in this matter will be much appreciated, I’m Brits citizen and wife Dual Eu and Brits Citizen, we applied for my parents under Eu settlement scheme family permit and then pre settlement, my question is My younger brother in recent months had lost his job and entirely dependent on me and my wife , can we apply for his extended family member permit , he was dependent on me before also 3 years ago , he is not married and age 27, please Advice what Are the options?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Extended Family member of Eu Citizen permit ?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:41 am

Hello

EU Settlement Scheme, as its name indicates, is not an immigration but a settlement scheme.

Anyone related to an EEA national, no mater how remote is that relationship may qualify. For your brother, you may need to show some sort of dependency otherwise they could refuse the application.

However, go slow with that scheme. You don't want to end up with half of dozen of family members in your living room and all expecting you to provide for them.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Re: Extended Family member of Eu Citizen permit ?

Post by Irfan1648 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for your advice, I thought you can not apply for extended family members under Eu settlement scheme, you will need a U.K. residence card to apply under this scheme, however my question is if we are even able to apply under Eu law family permit in this scenario?