ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

khannn99
Mood:

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by khannn99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm

I applied through EEAFM application 2 years ago and i got refused. Now i applied through eu settlement scheme? How likely is it to be refused?

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:50 am

jossywilliams wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am
ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

We have tried to contact you by telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.
Well it just simply means you need to confirm that they can give you pre-settled status, if you know and sure that you have not already done 5yrs. So if you know you have a history of less than 5yrs, then that is what you get. But if you have done over or just 5yrs, then you need to let them know this as well... so look within you and give them them the answer. Best of luck.
If that’s what you are entitled to why hesitate?

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am

khannn99 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm
I applied through EEAFM application 2 years ago and i got refused. Now i applied through eu settlement scheme? How likely is it to be refused?
Although every case is different,there are contributors in this forum who lost their cases in court and ended up getting settlement through the settlement scheme.Be positive and keep praying.I wish you the best of luck

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi I didn’t hesitate I gave them my consent the same days it’s just I expected to get status in matter of hours but it’s been 3 days since that haven’t heard anything yet
Nasara1 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:50 am
jossywilliams wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am
ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

We have tried to contact you by telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.
Well it just simply means you need to confirm that they can give you pre-settled status, if you know and sure that you have not already done 5yrs. So if you know you have a history of less than 5yrs, then that is what you get. But if you have done over or just 5yrs, then you need to let them know this as well... so look within you and give them them the answer. Best of luck.
If that’s what you are entitled to why hesitate?

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 am

Thank you , i applied yesterday and received my COA today

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:28 am

OptimisticNow wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm
Can someone apply for a provisional licence with just Non EU passport and COA?

No

bjoflondon
Newly Registered

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi Snooky,
Got my decision back on Wednesday last week and have been refused after waiting for almost 1 year. I know you’ve talked about this several times please what do I do. My 2.5 visa expired in March and I just don’t know what to do. Basically I was refused because they said if I’d renewed the 2.5, that there will be no reason to refuse me on that route. Am thinking of doing the administrative review because I don’t have £4000 to do the Fm 2.5 renewal.
Please any help will be greatly appreciated

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:59 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that. Before they arrived at that decision, did they ask for further document? When u called in that period, what were they telling you over the fone? And on what basis did you use to apply for EU settlement scheme? Was it through your spouse?

If it’s through your spouse and you still married to her, reapply again or go for the administrative review with stronger documents and proofs if she ready to back you.

Cheers

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:00 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:44 pm
Hi Snooky,
Got my decision back on Wednesday last week and have been refused after waiting for almost 1 year. I know you’ve talked about this several times please what do I do. My 2.5 visa expired in March and I just don’t know what to do. Basically I was refused because they said if I’d renewed the 2.5, that there will be no reason to refuse me on that route. Am thinking of doing the administrative review because I don’t have £4000 to do the Fm 2.5 renewal.
I’m so sorry to hear that. Before they arrived at that decision, did they ask for further document? When u called in that period, what were they telling you over the fone? And on what basis did you use to apply for EU settlement scheme? Was it through your spouse?

If it’s through your spouse and you still married to her, reapply again or go for the administrative review with stronger documents and proofs if she ready to back you.

bjoflondon
Newly Registered

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks. I complained twice, they didn’t ask for any more information because we loaded them with documentation.
Myself and my wife applied as a parent of a British child and was refused

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:31 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:22 pm
Thanks. I complained twice, they didn’t ask for any more information because we loaded them with documentation.
Myself and my wife applied as a parent of a British child and was refused
Is your wife or child a EU National? Because if not, they may have a point unfortunately. Were you married previously to a EU National you divorced before marrying your current wife?

bjoflondon
Newly Registered

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Both my wife and I are non Eu but relied on our British child on the application

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:54 pm
Both my wife and I are non Eu but relied on our British child on the application
Oh ok. Now, I can see the HO’s point. I don’t think EU settlement scheme extends to British family members under eligibility. If your child had dual British/EU nationality, I'm sure you would have been granted.

My only frustration is that they made you wait one year when they could told you from the onset that you should consider a different route.

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Whats 2.5? And what is ur status? What did u apply for?
Elaborate plz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 pm
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Elaborate plz
Op had a 2.5 year FLR fp visa, which expired in march, so currently has no status in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:53 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Thanks to God. And all friends on this forum for moral support and guidance.
Received my pre settlement today
Time line
Applied nov:15
Coa dec : 15
In march asked for more evidence
And decision today: pre settlement.
My next question my wife is from Italy.
If i want to travel alone is it necessary for her to be in uk on my arrival. Coz she is away on n off because of her mother’s health.

Thanks

What further documents they asked?

bjoflondon
Newly Registered

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 pm
khannn99 wrote:
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Elaborate plz
Op had a 2.5 year FLR fp visa, which expired in march, so currently has no status in the UK.
Yes brother. Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:50 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 pm
khannn99 wrote:
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Elaborate plz
Yes brother. Please advise
You should.probablu post your questions and circumstances in the zambrano topic, as that is what it appears you applied under. This topic is for non zambrano applications.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... l#p1912233

Note also that I am a "sister", not a brother!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:18 am

bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Hi

As usual, HO hard fist on Zambrano is all around and still the HO think only few 100s are entitle for Zambrano derivative.

If you read euss Zambrano guidance vs 3, 13 February 2020 and at pages 24 and 30 of 53 from the middle bit captions CONCLUSION towards the last paragraph, it been stated clearly that

If the applicant does not meet any of these other requirements, you must refuse the application under rule EU6 of Appendix EU.

If the applicant has leave to enter or remain, granted under another part of the Immigration Rules, with 28 days or more until its expiration date at the point of
decision you must not consider the remainder of
stage 4.

If there is less than 28 days until the expiration date of that leave at the point of decision, you must consider the remainder of stage 4.

This means as your Leave to Remain has less than 28 days left or had expired totally in the hands of the HO, they must not refused your application based on such rule; because this will trigger the new 16 December 2019 Patel vs SSHD COMPELLING requirement.

Now HO is compelling you to leave the Member State Indefinitely period with your BC and will the seen as compulsion.

Now that you have no LTR, challenge them as your only refusal was not that you dont meet Regulation 16(1)(5) and (7) but was based that you could reapply for your original appendix fm again

It is totally not in accordance of EU law if this application has been done on Drf1 EEA application and also still not in accordance to their own Appendix EU which the eussZambrano guidance comes from.

Option

You can do AR
You can do new euss Zambrano application

All is about cost and waiting time

Come to the Zambrano section of the platform

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:18 am
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Hi

As usual, HO hard fist on Zambrano is all around and still the HO think only few 100s are entitle for Zambrano derivative.

If you read EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano guidance vs 3, 13 February 2020 and at pages 24 and 30 of 53 from the middle bit captions CONCLUSION towards the last paragraph, it been stated clearly that

If the applicant does not meet any of these other requirements, you must refuse the application under rule EU6 of Appendix EU.

If the applicant has leave to enter or remain, granted under another part of the Immigration Rules, with 28 days or more until its expiration date at the point of
stage 4.

If there is less than 28 days until the expiration date of that leave at the point of decision, you must consider the remainder of stage 4.

This means as your Leave to Remain has less than 28 days left or had expired totally in the hands of the HO, they must not refused your application based on such rule; because this will trigger the new 16 December 2019 Patel vs SSHD COMPELLING requirement.

Now HO is compelling you to leave the Member State Indefinitely period with your BC and will the seen as compulsion.

Now that you have no LTR, challenge them as your only refusal was not that you dont meet Regulation 16(1)(5) and (7) but was based that you could reapply for your original appendix fm again

It is totally not in accordance of EU law if this application has been done on Drf1 EEA application and also still not in accordance to their own Appendix EU which the eussZambrano guidance comes from.

Option

You can do AR
You can do new EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano application

Hello Snooky, this revelation is interesting. Are you therefore saying Zambrano should be considered even if none of the family, in BJoflondon’s case is EU?

Doesn’t the EUSS scheme eligibility state that only EU subjects and their family members should benefit from the scheme?

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 am

OptimisticNow wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am
snooky wrote:
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Hi

If you read EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano guidance vs 3, 13 February 2020 and at pages 24 and 30 of 53 from the middle bit captions CONCLUSION towards the last paragraph, it been stated clearly that

stage 4.

Option

You can do AR

Hello Snooky, this revelation is interesting. Are you therefore saying Zambrano should be considered even if none of the family, in BJoflondon’s case is EU?

Doesn’t the EU Settlement Scheme scheme eligibility state that only EU subjects and their family members should benefit from the scheme?
Yes

HO refusal properly was a mistake caused by caseworkers who are not well trained and lack knowledge of law

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:18 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 am
OptimisticNow wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am
snooky wrote:
bjoflondon wrote:
Hi Snooky,
Hi

stage 4.

Option

You can do AR

Doesn’t the EU Settlement Scheme scheme eligibility state that only EU subjects and their family members should benefit from the scheme?
Yes

HO refusal properly was a mistake caused by caseworkers who are not well trained and lack knowledge of law

With the settlement scheme guidance becoming complicated every time since its inception, people have lost trust in the guidance.

The guidance talking about

1. EU members
2. Their family members
3. Derivative right and their family members
4. British citizen minor and their ascending family

So you dont need to have EEA card before you become EEA member or family member. Is all about circumstance.

For minor British citizen are protected by Article 20 of TFEU and derived ruling of C34/9 in 2011 European court ruling which is enshrined in regulation 16

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:21 am

@OptimisticNow

Please post at the Zambrano platform section.

We have written AR letter already and you need to look for it or ask cr001 to link your thread to it

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:09 pm

@Snooky, thanks for letting me know that British minors and their ascending families’ rights are enshrined under EU ruling. I never knew.

@BJoflondon, it seems you have done the right thing.

Listen to the experts and I hope you won’t have to pay £4K in the end.

Cheers!!

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:31 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Thanks to God. And all friends on this forum for moral support and guidance.
Received my pre settlement today
Time line
Applied nov:15
Coa dec : 15
In march asked for more evidence
And decision today: pre settlement.
My next question my wife is from Italy.
If i want to travel alone is it necessary for her to be in uk on my arrival. Coz she is away on n off because of her mother’s health.

Thanks
My partner id and her proof of residency.

What further documents they asked?