ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

challenge
Mood:
India

Spouse visa extension

Post by challenge » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 am

Hi,

My partners spouse visa was granted on 06/02/18 (Issue date), she entered UK on 08/03/2018 (DATE OF ENTRY). This is valid till 13/11/2020, I am planning to apply for extension by 26 September to avoid Immigration surcharge increase. Will this be fine or result in gap during ILR?

I am self employed (sole trader consultant) and to avoid hassle of submitting too much paper work I am considering going down Cash savings route. Since February 2020 My account balance has never went below £70K. This is same account where my earnings/commissions are paid into and rent/bills/HMRC etc are paid out so balance does fluctuate but I made sure that it never went below £70k mark. 6 months bank statements of this account will be fine or will there be any issue and do I have to submit anything else with these for financial requirement?

For english language she gave IELTS A1 on entry and now she has done Trinity college London GESE A2.1

For accommodation we have been privately renting 1Bed flat, Assured shorthold tenancy term was from april 2018 to november 2019 then monthly contractual period. There are only 3 occupants myself,my partner and our 5 month old British son. Is tenancy agreement fine or will I need anything else, do i have to get property inspection report ?

I have just started to get paper work sorted but most probably for cohabitation will have Electricity invoices (joint name), Council bill(joint name), bank statments (sole and joint), few NHS letters, credit card statements (sole).

I haven't yet seen the new online form, is there any application form available to go through?

Please advise if above is fine and if I need to add anything else.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 am

Will this be fine or result in gap during ILR?
Probably not. She can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months or latest before her visa expires. 30 months is 8th September.
I am self employed (sole trader consultant) and to avoid hassle of submitting too much paper work I am considering going down Cash savings route. Since February 2020 My account balance has never went below £70K. This is same account where my earnings/commissions are paid into and rent/bills/HMRC etc are paid out so balance does fluctuate but I made sure that it never went below £70k mark. 6 months bank statements of this account will be fine or will there be any issue and do I have to submit anything else with these for financial requirement?
Should be fine.
For english language she gave IELTS A1 on entry and now she has done Trinity college London GESE A2.1
Fine.
For accommodation we have been privately renting 1Bed flat, Assured shorthold tenancy term was from april 2018 to november 2019 then monthly contractual period. There are only 3 occupants myself,my partner and our 5 month old British son. Is tenancy agreement fine or will I need anything else, do i have to get property inspection report ?
No.
I have just started to get paper work sorted but most probably for cohabitation will have Electricity invoices (joint name), Council bill(joint name), bank statments (sole and joint), few NHS letters, credit card statements (sole).
Make sure it is 3 to 6 sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months for the last two years.
I haven't yet seen the new online form, is there any application form available to go through?
You can do a dummy FLR M form online run if you wish.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:59 pm

challenge wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 am
My account balance has never went below £70K. This is same account where my earnings/commissions are paid into and rent/bills/HMRC etc are paid out so balance does fluctuate but I made sure that it never went below £70k mark. 6 months bank statements of this account will be fine or will there be any issue and do I have to submit anything else with these for financial requirement?
You will have to declare the source of cash saving

challenge wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 am
Is tenancy agreement fine
yes assuming its a joint agreement otherwise letting agent/landlord's noc letter will be required.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you CR001and Seagul.

About declaring source of cash saving like I mentioned my earnings/commissions are paid into same account will that be enough or will I have to include anything additional??

Tenancy agreement is in Joint names.

Thank you

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 am
Will this be fine or result in gap during ILR?
Probably not. She can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months or latest before her visa expires. 30 months is 8th September.
Applying by 26th September will be fine to avoid ILR shortfall; that's after 30 months.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:09 pm

challenge wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm

About declaring source of cash saving like I mentioned my earnings/commissions are paid into same account will that be enough or will I have to include anything additional??
Simply write a covering letter illuminating as how the cash savings have been amassed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Many thanks Korekt and Seagul :lol:

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi,

Further to my previous posts I have now started the application process and plan to finish and submit it near the end of this month. Got few questions below if you guys will be kind enough to clear my doubts

1) After saving application email received to login later on says "Family Route" no mention of FLR(M) I have checked again and havent found anything wrongly clicked. Is this correct ?

2) document section mentions
Mandatory docs:
Applicants BRP
Applicants PPort

other docs
Language test certi
docs supporting my other reasons to stay in UK
any relevant declarations......
Evidence of Mr.HUSBANDS Immigratin status in the UK :will i have to send original BRP (ILR) and Passport
personal bank statements showing ..........
Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation ....
Declaration of source of cash savings...
A marriage certificate or a reasonable equivalent ....
Items of correspondence addressed to........:
i will be including 3 yrs JOINT council tax invoices,
JOINT Electricity invoices for whole period, Joint Bank statements
ENOUGH or do i need to add ??

Evidence of monthly housing costs ....
Mr.SONS birth certificate
Evidence of where Mr.SONS other parent lives such as utility bill this will be obvious from cohabitation docs

......ANY PASSPORTS PROVIDED MUST BE ORIGINALS
Please correct me if I am wrong after payment section i will have to upload all scanned docs then how do we send originals??

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 pm

challenge wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:07 pm
Hi,

Further to my previous posts I have now started the application process and plan to finish and submit it near the end of this month. Got few questions below if you guys will be kind enough to clear my doubts

1) After saving application email received to login later on says "Family Route" no mention of FLR(M) I have checked again and havent found anything wrongly clicked. Is this correct ?

2) document section mentions
Mandatory docs:
Applicants BRP
Applicants PPort

other docs
Language test certi
docs supporting my other reasons to stay in UK
any relevant declarations......
Evidence of Mr.HUSBANDS Immigratin status in the UK :will i have to send original BRP (ILR) and Passport
personal bank statements showing ..........
Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation ....
Declaration of source of cash savings...
A marriage certificate or a reasonable equivalent ....
Items of correspondence addressed to........:
i will be including 3 yrs JOINT council tax invoices,
JOINT Electricity invoices for whole period, Joint Bank statements
ENOUGH or do i need to add ??

Evidence of monthly housing costs ....
Mr.SONS birth certificate
Evidence of where Mr.SONS other parent lives such as utility bill this will be obvious from cohabitation docs

......ANY PASSPORTS PROVIDED MUST BE ORIGINALS
Please correct me if I am wrong after payment section i will have to upload all scanned docs then how do we send originals??

Many thanks
1. See a recent experience:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 05679.html

2. Yes ILR on BRP with passport is the sponsor's settlement proof. Regarding cohabitation evidences, as you have 3 different sources but make sure to spread these with even gaps of 3-4 months covering the last 2 years. You can also attach additional documents even in sole names to fill any gap. Also nothing is posted anywhere rather all the documents including passport are electronically scanned & sent.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:37 pm

challenge wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:07 pm
It is fine.

Nothing to worry about.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:11 am

Many thanks for your replies.

there were questions about meeting financial threshold and document list does mention 6 months statement and source of cash saving declaration so I have clicked all correct answers it was just the "Family route" which was bit confusing but thanks for clearing the doubts.

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 am

challenge wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:11 am
Many thanks for your replies.

there were questions about meeting financial threshold and document list does mention 6 months statement and source of cash saving declaration so I have clicked all correct answers it was just the "Family route" which was bit confusing but thanks for clearing the doubts.

Many thanks
In that case you had correctly filled the appropriate form because in other member's experience contained in the above link he hadn't got that option. Still for a safe side do include a covering letter clarifying your financial calculations and repeat again your applied route (partner visa under 5 years of route).

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Thank you seagul,

I have included this in my cash saving declaration.

I am bit confused about the declaration section
Part 1: is clearly for applicant
part 2: is clearly for myself (husband) as there are docs in joint names
part 3: (the confusing part) third party sponsor, as the bank statements used to satisfy financial requirement are SOLELY on my (husbands) name do I sign and include this??

exact wordings
"if the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons should sign the foillowing declaration"

any feedback on this will be very helpful.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:11 pm

challenge wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Thank you seagul,

I have included this in my cash saving declaration.

I am bit confused about the declaration section
Part 1: is clearly for applicant
part 2: is clearly for myself (husband) as there are docs in joint names
part 3: (the confusing part) third party sponsor, as the bank statements used to satisfy financial requirement are SOLELY on my (husbands) name do I sign and include this??

exact wordings
"if the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons should sign the foillowing declaration"

any feedback on this will be very helpful.
You don't need to sign part 3 but don't leave it blank, put N/A or Not Applicable

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Good Evening All,

We have completed the online application, paid IHS and applicatin fee and our biometric appointment is booked for next week. I have uploaded all docs on the sopra steria website not submitted yet, plan to do it after one final check.

So far we havent received any acknowledgment letter from HO but in the meantime my mrs. has received letter from her workplace asking to provide evidence of having applied to extend visa in the form of
1) letter from home office
2) proof of postage of your application for an extension.

there cannot be any postage proof as nothing is posted to HO and secondly so far we havent received any acknowledgment letter from HO apart from email confirming amount paid and applicatin submitted. Does HO send any acknowledgment letter, if yes then is it sent after biometric appointment??

many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm

challenge wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm
Good Evening All,

We have completed the online application, paid IHS and applicatin fee and our biometric appointment is booked for next week. I have uploaded all docs on the sopra steria website not submitted yet, plan to do it after one final check.

So far we havent received any acknowledgment letter from HO but in the meantime my mrs. has received letter from her workplace asking to provide evidence of having applied to extend visa in the form of
1) letter from home office
2) proof of postage of your application for an extension.

there cannot be any postage proof as nothing is posted to HO and secondly so far we havent received any acknowledgment letter from HO apart from email confirming amount paid and applicatin submitted. Does HO send any acknowledgment letter, if yes then is it sent after biometric appointment??

many thanks
Request to your employer to seek positive ECS by liaising with UKVI as they no longer issue any acknowledgement confirming right of work especially since the transformation of process to online only. Refer them to following link:

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Many thaks for this. They have been emailed with this info, will update with their reply.