ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed on Renewal Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hoapplic
Newly Registered
Lesotho

Help Needed on Renewal Application

Post by hoapplic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 pm

My uncle is applying to extend his visa in the next six months. He was granted limited leave to remain on the ten year private life route in 2017 under paragraph 276BE as he met condition 276ADE (1) - living more than 20 years in the UK.

The No-recourse to public funds condition was imposed on his visa even though the home office were aware he had been in receipt of benefits when they made their decision in 2017. He suffers from serious mental health conditions.

He did not apply to lift his non-recourse to public funds condition because there was a serious risk that if it failed to get lifted he would have been without financial support that would likely have led to self-harm. I am preparing to apply to extend his visa again, but I am concerned that impact his application. Is there anything you can suggest I look into?

Eagletba
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Help Needed on Renewal Application

Post by Eagletba » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:22 am

Hi, I think you will find this useful.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ourt-rules