ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dekedaba
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Dekedaba » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:51 pm

I don't understand these expectations, everyone is aware the process takes up to 6 months, wait at least 6 months before calling for their heads, how they decide to process the applications is up to them. Patience people, patience.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:52 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am
Hi All,

I received the following email Last week. I am still waiting for another email from UKVCAS.

Dear xxxxxxxxx -,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.

What if I need my visa due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please visit the UKVI website here.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website

Problem:

UKVCAS account has the option to submit the documents to UKVI, which I think is contrary to the email I received last week. Shall I submit the documents on UKVCAS account and wait for image email?

Many thanks your input will be appreciated.
I think it’s not contrary, if you have received that email and the option is there to submit documents, then documents are going straight to UKVI and your biometrics are being re used, all that’s missing is a photo for which they will let you know.

I haven’t received any emails but had the option of submitting documents that appeared on Friday so I did submit my documents, waiting for any email now.

Hi Members,

I have also submitted my documents to UKVI and now just waiting for email for next step from UKVI/UKVCAS

beginat
Newly Registered

Post by beginat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:55 pm

I don't know whether right to reply in this thread.
One of an easy solution for direct PDF scan to be done with idiot-phone built in NOTES app
open notes app--tap new folder, name it , find writer below right hand corner..tap ..give file name... tap camera sign SCAN DOCUMENT
job done.
All latest idiot-phone has this facility.
You can export the file through export sign /share sign at the top left hand corner and select email,Air drop(if you have an apple PC or use any method.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 pm

@beginat
The forum changes Apple “eye-phone” to idiot phone. But yes thats the best. Always used that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Akk321
Newly Registered

Post by Akk321 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 am

Hi everyone .
I have been following this forum for quite a long time now.
This is the only fourm I could find concerning covid 19.
I am assuming this forum is for in country applications only because most of you guys are talking about visa expiry dates etc and I haven't see one post about out of country application like a fresh application i.e in my case spouse visa

Can we discuss out of country applications here like
I want to sponsor my wife to come and live with me here in the UK and I have a few questions.
If this is not the fourm then it would be helpful if someone could link me a fourm as I wanted to find out if other people have posted about their experience with spousal visa and covid 19

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:13 am

Akk321 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 am
Hi everyone .
I have been following this forum for quite a long time now.
This is the only fourm I could find concerning covid 19.
I am assuming this forum is for in country applications only because most of you guys are talking about visa expiry dates etc and I haven't see one post about out of country application like a fresh application i.e in my case spouse visa

Can we discuss out of country applications here like
I want to sponsor my wife to come and live with me here in the UK and I have a few questions.
If this is not the fourm then it would be helpful if someone could link me a fourm as I wanted to find out if other people have posted about their experience with spousal visa and covid 19
This topic is only for ILR biometric queries. There isn't a general topic for spouse visas due to different situations in different countries.

Please start your own topic in the family immigration sub forum with your queries.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... y-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbp

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:08 am

Further response to my email from ECAA department:

"Thank you for your correspondence.

If you have already been identified for biometric re-use, you will be contacted with instructions of how to proceed with process. You can also contact Sopra Steria for updates of how to re-use your previous biometric.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

This is separate from the complaint I lodged. But it appears that there is not much we can do apart from waiting "patiently" which we have been doing anyway for months.

tier2g

Post by tier2g » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:32 am

Do we need to submit empty pages in passport also during ILR application ? Is this mandatory as I got 59 pages in my previous and 36 pages in current passport.

Bilalo07
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Bilalo07 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 am

Anyone applied in july and received an email ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 am

tier2g wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:32 am
Do we need to submit empty pages in passport also during ILR application ? Is this mandatory as I got 59 pages in my previous and 36 pages in current passport.
As has been posted many times now, it is biometric page and stamped pages only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2g

Post by tier2g » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:54 am

Thanks

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 am
tier2g wrote:
I was not aware stamped pages are also needed. The checklist of documents only indicates "the passport".
Do they also need stamped pages of old passports?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:12 am

Daided wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:08 am
CR001 wrote:
tier2g wrote:
I was not aware stamped pages are also needed. The checklist of documents only indicates "the passport".
How else do you prove your residence and absence (that you don't exceed the absence limit) for Set(O) if you did NOT upload the stamped pages of your passport(s)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vmp
Newly Registered

Post by vmp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:12 am
Daided wrote:
CR001 wrote:
tier2g wrote:
How else do you prove your residence and absence (that you don't exceed the absence limit) for Set(O) if you did NOT upload the stamped pages of your passport(s)??
My application for ILR (SET M) specifically mentioned to upload all pages (incl. blank pages) of passport. Thought it is needed to provide absences are as we mentioned in the application, otherwise how can we prove the 'blank' pages in our passport are actually blank?

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:52 am

Hi there,

I am filling out the online application form, and the following message appeared under section 6 Pay:

"The service option you selected is no longer available - Select a different service from the options below"

I have selected the standard service and this is the only option available. I can still proceed to the next page to make the payment but this message is just a bit odd.

May I please check if you have seen similar message? I have created my application three months ago and I kept on editing it to prevent my input from being deleted. I have always selected the Standard Service so not sure where it comes from. Shall I create a new application and abandon my current one?

Thank you.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Daided wrote:
CR001 wrote:
tier2g wrote:

HI CR001 , all - do you know if anyone who has applied in June and have received an email for appointment or biometric reuse ? I applied for a Tier 2 General Visa ( new Cos in the UK ) , and still waiting for an email. Is there any other thread that tracks T-2 Visa appointments or is it this one ?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:59 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 am
CR001 wrote:
Daided wrote:
CR001 wrote:

HI CR001 , all - do you know if anyone who has applied in June and have received an email for appointment or biometric reuse ? I applied for a Tier 2 General Visa ( new Cos in the UK ) , and still waiting for an email. Is there any other thread that tracks T-2 Visa appointments or is it this one ?
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Its only till 31st May as of now

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi Team

Have read through the previous posts with regards to re-use of biometric & new feature in UKVCAS to submit the docs.

Tried reaching to UKVCAS, but no luck. (The calls get disconnected within a minute, tried multiple times)

Did anyone had a chance please to speak with UKVCAS, whether whoever has received the email for "Re-use the biometric" and also received email from W&S to provide the documents, to also click the submission button available in "document upload" section?

(or) we need to wait for the official communication / email from UKVCAS pls?

If we submit it, then how can we upload once photo app is ready?

Thanks

box11
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by box11 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Have received no emails about biometric reuse (although it should apply) or request to email documents but I did have the option to upload documents on the website last week. Anyone else in the same situation? Not sure what this might mean.

marmalade2
Newly Registered

Post by marmalade2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Hey all,
Last Friday, I submitted all docs to UKVI via UKVCAS new submit option. However, today (Monday) I got an email from W&S requesting docs to be sent via email. Note: They asked for a smaller subset of documents, not the full set of documents required.

So it seems like W&S team completely ignored my submission via UKVCAS website or didn't have time to check it. Maybe the submit option on the website doesn't do anything lol :D

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 pm

marmalade2 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 pm
Hey all,
Last Friday, I submitted all docs to UKVI via UKVCAS new submit option. However, today (Monday) I got an email from W&S requesting docs to be sent via email. Note: They asked for a smaller subset of documents, not the full set of documents required.

So it seems like W&S team completely ignored my submission via UKVCAS website or didn't have time to check it. Maybe the submit option on the website doesn't do anything lol :D
When had you applied, if you don't mind sharing?

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 pm

marmalade2 wrote:
Hey all,

Hi Marmalade,

Can I ask which visa you're applying for and when you submitted your application? I applied 23 May for ILR (M). I recieved the renew biometrics email nine days ago and have been wondering whether I should still upload docs to UKVCAS or wait.

Thanks

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Daided wrote:
CR001 wrote:
tier2g wrote:
I thought this was the purpose of the letter from the employer detailing absences.
I am a Register Traveler so the border officer would not stamp my passport when returning to the UK; also some stamps are either blurry or they didn't use enough ink, so I can see how the UKVI officer can follow such a thing effectively.
In any case, thank you very much for the advice. I'll scan my whole passports.

marmalade2
Newly Registered

Post by marmalade2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Hey SaJaRo,
If you already have your documents ready, I would recommend to upload them via UKVCAS, even if they don't use it and end up asking for docs via email (as they did in my case). In my opinion, it is better to offer the documents to them in all available channels, and they can choose whichever is easiest for them.

I applied for ILR based on Tier 2 General, Set O on 8th July. I did NOT get any email about re-use of biometrics and I have not been invited for any appointment either.

SaJaRo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 pm
marmalade2 wrote:
Hey all,

Hi Marmalade,

Can I ask which visa you're applying for and when you submitted your application? I applied 23 May for ILR (M). I recieved the renew biometrics email nine days ago and have been wondering whether I should still upload docs to UKVCAS or wait.

Thanks

marmalade2
Newly Registered

Post by marmalade2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Daided wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm
CR001 wrote:
Daided wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I thought this was the purpose of the letter from the employer detailing absences.
I am a Register Traveler so the border officer would not stamp my passport when returning to the UK; also some stamps are either blurry or they didn't use enough ink, so I can see how the UKVI officer can follow such a thing effectively.
In any case, thank you very much for the advice. I'll scan my whole passports.
I agree with previous statement that you are supposed to scan every page (blank and stamped pages) of your passport. However, it seems Home Office is taking some shortcuts due to coronavirus and they only requested me to provide 5 supporting documents instead of total 9 documents that had initial specified in the checklist. In fact, they did not ask for a copy of my passport at all.

This is what they asked me to provide. Please note this is applicable for Tier 2 General Set O.
Obviously, your list may be different to mine depending on your visa type and personal circumstances. My point is don't worry too much!! Probably you won't even need all your documents!

• Current employer letter
  • Full list of absences from the United Kingdom during the qualifying 5 year period
  • Personal bank statement dated within 28 days of application date confirming latest pay (not required for Minister of Religion applications)
  • Payslip to correspond with above bank statement (not required for Minister of Religion applications)
  • Police Registration Certificate (If you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)
  • Confirmation if you sat a Life in the UK test prior to 21st March 2020 and if so provide the test reference number