ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visa queries

Post by shine91 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Hello

I am making an FLR (M) application for my wife and daughter. Please could someone help with the following queries:

1) The form asks for my wife's and my birth certificate. We don't seem to have them - any advice if it's okay to submit the application without them? The online form asks you to tick 'i will submit birth certs' before moving to the next sheet

2) Is it okay to submit downloaded bank statements or it has to be scan of the ones that come in post?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visa queries

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:30 am

shine91 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm
Hello

I am making an FLR (M) application for my wife and daughter. Please could someone help with the following queries:

1) The form asks for my wife's and my birth certificate.
Why it asks your birth certificate if you have supplied your passport and/or BRP or you mean your daughter's birth certificate.
shine91 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm
2) Is it okay to submit downloaded bank statements or it has to be scan of the ones that come in post?
If the online bank statement resembles with original one and doesnt pacifically say as the online version then should be fine if is in pdf format otherwise postal bank statements/electronic bank statements with bank stamps should be submitted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:04 am

Thanks Seagull

Somewhere on my daughter's online application form it asks 'who is Miss ....'s other parent'?' As my wife is the applicant, the answer is me.

Next it asks to confirm the following

1) Evidence of where Miss ... 's other parent lives - such as utility bills
2) Birth certificate of both of Miss ..... 's parents

It won't let me go further unless I have ticked for both the above.

Have you faced this before and dealt with successfully? I googled, the first hit was a post from this forum dated 2018 - apparently when the online form had just been introduced. immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-ne ... 68035.html

Cheers

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Any thoughts anyone ?

Cheers

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

NARIC certificate

Post by shine91 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:36 am

Hello

Is it possible to get NARIC Comparability Statement re-issued again?

We had received one for my wife in March 2017 and were looking to use it again for FLR (M). But we seem to have lost the cert. Can we get one again from NARIC instead of making a fresh application?

Cheers

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: NARIC certificate

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:09 am

shine91 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:36 am
But we seem to have lost the cert. Can we get one again from NARIC instead of making a fresh application?

Cheers
They may have your detail in their system for reissuing the duplicate but getting it reassessed under their red route would be far better to eliminate every possible chance of risk.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Hello all

Thank you Seagull for the advice. We asked for a Reprint Service from NARIC based on the application made in 2017. It took a few emails and working around the NARIC website (that I think was not allowing me to upload documents) but three or so weeks later, we got the cert again for £17.40.

We submitted applications for my wife and daughter's FLR (M) on the basis of my ILR in March when we paid the application fees and health surcharge. We were allowed up to May 2020 to submit documents and biometrics but the offices were shut before we could get an appointment..

Please could someone advise on the below:

- My wife and I were just three months in our new jobs in March so had to choose Category B for meeting the income criterion. We are now over six months in. Should we continue with Category B or apply in Category A?

- Will we still be assessed for time up to March for income proofs and of staying together as family? Or should I start pulling together documents for March 2020 to July 2020? All payslip letters, etc are dated to March 2020. Do we need new letters from our employers?

- And finally, some UKVCAS appointments are down as free and others randomly seem to charge £220. Is there any difference between them.

Best regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 pm

shine91 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 pm
Hello all

Thank you Seagull for the advice. We asked for a Reprint Service from NARIC based on the application made in 2017. It took a few emails and working around the NARIC website (that I think was not allowing me to upload documents) but three or so weeks later, we got the cert again for £17.40.

We submitted applications for my wife and daughter's FLR (M) on the basis of my ILR in March when we paid the application fees and health surcharge. We were allowed up to May 2020 to submit documents and biometrics but the offices were shut before we could get an appointment..

Please could someone advise on the below:

- My wife and I were just three months in our new jobs in March so had to choose Category B for meeting the income criterion. We are now over six months in. Should we continue with Category B or apply in Category A? You have made your application by paying and submitting in March and therefore will be assessed correspondingly.

- Will we still be assessed for time up to March for income proofs and of staying together as family? Or should I start pulling together documents for March 2020 to July 2020? All payslip letters, etc are dated to March 2020. Do we need new letters from our employers? Yes, your assessment for the application will be based on documentations already submitted. No need for new letters from employers. /highlight]

- And finally, some UKVCAS appointments are down as free and others randomly seem to charge £220. Is there any difference between them.

Best regards

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Document checking service

Post by shine91 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 am

Hello

Please could someone advise how the Document Checking Service works (the one that costs £45 if you have an appointment at a Core center):

- I have signed up for document checking service for only one person since I am looking to have only my wife's documents reviewed. My daughter who is three years old, does not have many documents to show to be honest. Do I need to call UKVCAS offices to confirm this? When you choose to pay for this appointment it just says it costs £45/person and then you choose quantity from a dropdown.

- Can I still upload documents right up to the time of the appointment or is my deadline now to 48 hours before the appointment (which is by when they have asked to upload all the documents)? I will of course do my best to have all docs uploaded by then, just wanted to know does this now mean I can't upload any documents once they start reviewing.

I am a little nervous about the appointment and would appreciate you being able to reply to this query soon.

Best regards

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Document Checking Service

Post by shine91 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello

Apologies for bringing this up again. Any advice on this service please?

Cheers

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 pm

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Many thanks Seagull

I don't think that page answers my queries

Best regards

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 am

I think it does.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail
From the additional detail on the document checking service:
We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.
So if you are uploading the documents yourself, it seems they can only perform the document checking service if these documents have been uploaded at least two working days before your appointment if you want them to be checked. You may still be able to upload documents up to the appointment, but I would guess they won't be included in the extra service paid for. For what it's worth, I was still able to access the page to upload documents even after the application was processed (though I didn't get the document checking service so I'm not sure if that would have changed anything).

With regards to your other question, I'm not sure if what you have paid for will be tied to a specific person's appointment and documents, hopefully this is something you would be able to answer for yourself. It stands to reason that if you only paid for document checking for one person, they will only check the documents of that person. If you're not sure which person's documents you paid to check or it is unclear, it may be worth contacting them to confirm they will do what you want and paid them to.

At https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiry they have a form to enquire about anything "that is specific to our service, such as booking your appointment, uploading your documents or an extra service that we offer."
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Also be alerted & vigilant all times as you might be selected by UKVI for not undergoing any biometrics appointment rather will ask you to send them your supporting documents via email where ukvcas documents checking service won't be work.

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Many thanks Geoeng and Seagull

And sorry for being so nervous about this. I had raised the query with UKVCAS the moment it occurred in my head. Am yet to hear back from them.

As I have gathered so far, the DCS is really not the end of everything. It's a nice to have service but I will still be able to manage documents up to the time of the appointment.

I had a mind-numbing moment today when I inadvertently clicked to submit all documents to UKVI. I thought I submitted an incomplete application. Fortunately none of the documents I had uploaded were needing changed and I am still able to upload stuff. Am I okay to not worry about this too much?

Going on a tangent - how can the mood emoji in my profile be changed here please?

Best regards,

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Documents for the appointment

Post by shine91 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Hello

Please could someone share their experience or advise on the documents that need to be taken for the UKVCAS appointment. Do they check bank statements, etc? How best to arrange to documents so as to make it easy for them and for us?

Best regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Documents for the appointment

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:05 pm

shine91 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 pm
Hello

Please could someone share their experience or advise on the documents that need to be taken for the UKVCAS appointment. Do they check bank statements, etc? How best to arrange to documents so as to make it easy for them and for us?

Best regards,
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:19 pm

Many thanks Seagull

Best regards,

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello

Do we need to have a print of all documents uploaded?

Some of my bank statements, employer letters, payslips are pdfs and have been uploaded to the portal.. Should I print them off now before the appointment?

Cheers

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:40 pm

Looks like I have the answer..

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments

"What you must bring with you to your appointment
When you come to your appointment, you must bring with you the following:

Your current passport. If your passport is with UKVI or it has been lost or stolen, you will be allowed to proceed with your appointment if you bring another acceptable form of identification, see our FAQ section for more information. If you don’t bring your passport or another acceptable form of identification to the appointment you will need to cancel and rebook your appointment and may not be entitled to a refund of any service fees paid
The appointment confirmation document(s) you received as attachments in your confirmation email (that is, the document containing the QR barcode in the attachment for each group member)
any supporting documents you require scanning"

So nothing else apart from the above then?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:26 am

Check the appointment confirmation email you will receive from them. I know mine from last year indicated all supporting documents were to be brought to the appointment, but I'm not sure if they will have changed that instruction. That said, they didn't actually look at any of them or do anything with them, so it didn't seem entirely necessary. However, the appointment is probably the last opportunity to upload anything before the application is submitted to UKVI, and I think they do a quick quality check to make sure what you uploaded was scanned at a reasonably acceptable quality so if they spot something and you have the document with you it becomes an easy thing to fix.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:36 am

shine91 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 pm
Hello

Do we need to have a print of all documents uploaded?

Some of my bank statements, employer letters, payslips are pdfs and have been uploaded to the portal.. Should I print them off now before the appointment?

Cheers
Almost nobody has ever been asked where they haven't bought their add ones service. You maybe asked to supply these directly to UKVI.

shine91
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shine91 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Many thanks Seagull and Geoeng