ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saragullu
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by saragullu » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:28 pm

We applied 24th Feb and submitted the bio metrics on 17th March in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Our lawyer had to chase on 10th June and we just got these exact x2 emails a minute apart from each other a couple of days ago.

We have no idea when the VAC is opening in Pakistan as no announcements have been made but I am sure i seen some other member commenting on another post saying they had got an email saying they are aiming to open up 8th July in Pakistan. Not sure if this is true.

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:29 pm

saragullu wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:28 pm
We applied 24th Feb and submitted the bio metrics on 17th March in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Our lawyer had to chase on 10th June and we just got these exact x2 emails a minute apart from each other a couple of days ago.

We have no idea when the VAC is opening in Pakistan as no announcements have been made but I am sure i seen some other member commenting on another post saying they had got an email saying they are aiming to open up 8th July in Pakistan. Not sure if this is true.

We’ve been keeping an eye on the VFS website and on their twitter feed for updates on when VACs are opening and in which country. So definitely have a look at that. I’m wondering if anyone else received these emails and has since received a positive outcome. I guess we’ll see more decisions being made over the next few weeks.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am
HI1406 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am
We got both of those emails above. The 2nd one on the 4th May whilst the VAC was still closed. We got an email this week saying the decision is ready and passport can be collected as the VAC reopened this week.

Is your VAC open in your country yet?
Nope - it’s opening on 6th July so we’re crossing fingers and toes for then!
It’s nerve wracking. We have to wait until Monday to find out after 6 months of waiting since biometrics.

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:46 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:43 pm
Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am
HI1406 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am
We got both of those emails above. The 2nd one on the 4th May whilst the VAC was still closed. We got an email this week saying the decision is ready and passport can be collected as the VAC reopened this week.

Is your VAC open in your country yet?
Nope - it’s opening on 6th July so we’re crossing fingers and toes for then!
It’s nerve wracking. We have to wait until Monday to find out after 6 months of waiting since biometrics.

Wish you all the best!!

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Thank you!

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:30 am
Lots of people (including myself) are receiving these 2 emails immediately after one another. I’ve read that these emails are triggered by a decision being made. Has anyone else received this and subsequently received a decision in last few days/weeks?

Thanks

Recived x 2 emails from UKVI withing 1 minute apart.

First Email

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Second Email

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide impacts of COVID-19, and resulting Visa Application Centre (VAC) closures in your region, your application has been placed on hold. We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided. If you’ve paid for courier return, your passport will be returned, where local permissions allow. If your passport is currently held in a VAC and you need it returned urgently, but have not previously arranged for it to be returned by courier, please contact the visa application centre where you lodged your application to discuss return. For TLS at https://pos.tlscontact.com/par_en/contact and for VFS customercare@vfsglobal.com Finally, if you are concerned about your situation please contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline at: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards,

I have received exact same emails on 1st July..

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 pm

NiDz91 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 pm
Aarav086 wrote:
Lots of people (including myself) are receiving these 2 emails immediately after one another. I’ve read that these emails are triggered by a decision being made. Has anyone else received this and subsequently received a decision in last few days/weeks?

Thanks

First Email

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Second Email

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide impacts of COVID-19, and resulting Visa Application Centre (VAC) closures in your region, your application has been placed on hold. We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided. If you’ve paid for courier return, your passport will be returned, where local permissions allow. If your passport is currently held in a VAC and you need it returned urgently, but have not previously arranged for it to be returned by courier, please contact the visa application centre where you lodged your application to discuss return. For TLS at https://pos.tlscontact.com/par_en/contact and for VFS customercare@vfsglobal.com Finally, if you are concerned about your situation please contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline at: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards,

Are the VACs open in the country you’ve applied from?

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 pm
NiDz91 wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:

Thanks

First Email

Kind Regards,

Second Email

Kind regards,

No they’ll start returning passports from 8th if July but I haven’t received any decision yet :(

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 pm

NiDz91 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:27 pm
Aarav086 wrote:
NiDz91 wrote:
[quote=Aarav086 post_id=1910235 time=1593775818 user_id=2

No they’ll start returning passports from 8th if July but I haven’t received any decision yet :(

Neither have we but we’re hoping that when the VACS open next week (confirmed from VFS website) then something should hopefully happen...

Mh83
Newly Registered

Post by Mh83 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am

Remti wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am
Mh83 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 am
The visas were granted! And they arrive to the UK on Monday at midday.
It has been a whirlwind couple of days, we are still in a bit of shock how quickly its all been processed.
I would like to thank everyone on these forums for the help and guidance offered.
Aww congratulations i did say it will be a positive outcome. May i ask how long does the visas last ?
The visas are valid from july-october. So they are 100% extending the period of use during this current pandemic.

Remti

Post by Remti » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:30 am

Mh83 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am
Remti wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am
Mh83 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 am
The visas were granted! And they arrive to the UK on Monday at midday.
It has been a whirlwind couple of days, we are still in a bit of shock how quickly its all been processed.
I would like to thank everyone on these forums for the help and guidance offered.
Aww congratulations i did say it will be a positive outcome. May i ask how long does the visas last ?
The visas are valid from july-october. So they are 100% extending the period of use during this current pandemic.
Thank you

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Has anyone who has applied from India received any decision/their passport back since the VACs opened on Monday? Thanks

saragullu
Newly Registered

Post by saragullu » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:40 pm

NiDz91 wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:
NiDz91 wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:

Thanks

First Email

Kind Regards,

Second Email

Kind regards,

NIDZ91 when did you apply?
VACs in Pakistan open tomorrow I.A

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 pm

I got the exact 2 emails from HO, Not sure if the decision has been made or not yet!
Aarav086 wrote:

Thanks

First Email

Kind Regards,

Second Email

Kind regards,

NiDz91
Newly Registered

Post by NiDz91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:13 pm

saragullu wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:40 pm
NiDz91 wrote:
Aarav086 wrote:
NiDz91 wrote:

NIDZ91 when did you apply?
VACs in Pakistan open tomorrow I.A
My husband actually applied in dec. His biometrics was on 19th of dec it’s been more than 6 months we are waiting now.

iyas
Newly Registered

Post by iyas » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 am

Hi

My wife applied from TLS centre in Rabat Morocco (Priority service) and we submitted her biometrics mid-March 2020. We have received 2 standard emails from UKVI asking us to wait for decision.

TLS has been open from 29 June 2020 but we are still waiting for a decision. If is anyone in a similar situation who have now received their passport back, please share your experience.

Thanks

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Post by munzzz123 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:09 am

Hi All,

We are in the same boat. We applied online back in march and submitted biometrics/documents on 29th June using the priority method. This was in the Dublin UKVAC.

Still waiting for a decision.

saragullu
Newly Registered

Post by saragullu » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:25 am

Yup same.

We got those same emails from ukvi.

My husband submitted the app on 24th Feb. Biometrics 17th March.

Even though in Pakistan theVFS VACs are now working on returning passports that was from 8th July they said they are starting work we have heard nothing.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Hang on there Guys, soon will be good news.

We kept tracking ours via TLS web, today morning they changed the status to application transferred to VAC, few minutes later, TLS email decision made then ready for collection. Waooh! God is great.

:D Granted

We applied on 9th March then had bio-metrics on 13 March. We had the usual process not straight forward and on Hold emails on 28th May. VAC opened on 29th June

All the best Guys, soon will be good news for you.

iyas
Newly Registered

Post by iyas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi

Thats great news. I am very happy for you both. Where did your partner apply from?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:09 am

iyas wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi

Thats great news. I am very happy for you both. Where did your partner apply from?
Thanks so much
Applied from Nairobi, Kenya. :D

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Anyone applying from India received a decision since VACs opened on 6th July? Thanks

Arun07
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Arun07 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Dears,

I have applied for my tier-2 dependency visa from Riyadh

After reopening of VFS centres in Middle East that is June -28 , it is more than 15 days now

I got from UKVI Sheffield office one email last day , this is as below can anyone advice is anything I need forward to them , they didn’t even ask any additional documents

Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For:

Kind Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Arun07 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Dears,

I have applied for my tier-2 dependency visa from Riyadh

After reopening of VFS centres in Middle East that is June -28 , it is more than 15 days now

I got from UKVI Sheffield office one email last day , this is as below can anyone advice is anything I need forward to them , they didn’t even ask any additional documents

Dear

Regarding Visa Application:
For:

Kind Regards,

Can you please stop tagging your questions onto topics that are NOT relevant to Tier 2 Dependent visas. This topic is ONLY relevant to spouse settlement visas.

Please post your questions in the Tier 2 sub forum!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... red-visas/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:11 am

Hi everyone - just wanted to let you all know that my husband’s visa was approved (with 3 month vignette). He received his passport back today. Application done in India. Thanks so much to everyone for help and support during this experience!