ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Spouse FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aussieoscar7747
Newly Registered
Australia

First Spouse FLR(M) application

Post by aussieoscar7747 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi there - I am about to apply for my FLR (M) spouse visa extension and wanted to double check I have everything covered off as it seems a bit lighter than my initial application 2 and half years ago..

Mandatory:
My Passport
My BRP
My Partners Passport

Financials:
Payslips dating back the past 6 months
Bank Statements dating back the past 6 months in line with the Payslips
A letter from my employer confirming my employment / salary / when I commenced my employment
A signed contract of my employment

Evidence of monthly housing costs for accommodation:
Latest Mortgage Statement
Current Council Tax Statement

Cohabitation (all documents to the same address spanning across the last two years):
x1 lloyds bank statments (joint name)
x1 HSBC bank statements (join name)
x 2 water bills (joint name)
x 2 Council Tax Statements (joint name)

Others:
x2 passport photos of myself
x1 passport photo of my partner
Photos of us together over the period of our last visa
IHS Receipt

1. Is there anything we are missing?
2. If I earn above the threshold I do not need any proof of finances for my partner? Bank statements / letters from his employer?
3. If we lived with my partners parents for the first three months of the visa but have lived in our own place for the last two years, we do not need a letter explaining this and two years of joint cohabitation proof is sufficient?
4. Do we need to upload scanned copies and send everything off or are scanned copies sufficient?

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: First Spouse FLR(M) application

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:12 pm

aussieoscar7747 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 pm
Hi there - I am about to apply for my FLR (M) spouse visa extension and wanted to double check I have everything covered off as it seems a bit lighter than my initial application 2 and half years ago..

Mandatory:
My Passport
My BRP
My Partners Passport

Financials:
Payslips dating back the past 6 months
Bank Statements dating back the past 6 months in line with the Payslips
A letter from my employer confirming my employment / salary / when I commenced my employment
A signed contract of my employment

Evidence of monthly housing costs for accommodation:
Latest Mortgage Statement
Current Council Tax Statement

Cohabitation (all documents to the same address spanning across the last two years):
x1 lloyds bank statments (joint name)
x1 HSBC bank statements (join name)
x 2 water bills (joint name)
x 2 Council Tax Statements (joint name)

Others:
x2 passport photos of myself Not required
x1 passport photo of my partner Not required
Photos of us together over the period of our last visa Not required
IHS Receipt

1. Is there anything we are missing?
2. If I earn above the threshold I do not need any proof of finances for my partner? Bank statements / letters from his employer? Yes you do not need
3. If we lived with my partners parents for the first three months of the visa but have lived in our own place for the last two years, we do not need a letter explaining this and two years of joint cohabitation proof is sufficient? Yes no need
4. Do we need to upload scanned copies and send everything off or are scanned copies sufficient? Scan and upload only

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance :)
Evidence of meeting English language requirements?

aussieoscar7747
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussieoscar7747 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:16 am

Thank you for the quick response Amazonian.

Does my application look good to go then?

In terms of the scanning and upload of documents, how would you recommend doing this? Is there any best way to do this? Maybe add a title page before each section?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 am

No title page needed. Just scan and upload. UKVI know what they are looking for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 am

aussieoscar7747 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:16 am
how would you recommend doing this? Is there any best way to do this? Maybe add a title page before each section?
In the online portal for uploading documents there will be various categories you can upload the documents under, pick whatever seems most applicable. You will also be uploading files yourself unless you pay extra for them to do it, so if you make the file name clear about what it contains (e.g. payslips X month to Y month, bank statements X month to Y month, marriage certificate, etc.), it makes it easier to find relevant documents when someone goes through it. Guidance is provided when you get to the upload portal.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:36 am

aussieoscar7747 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:16 am
Thank you for the quick response Amazonian.

Does my application look good to go then?

In terms of the scanning and upload of documents, how would you recommend doing this? Is there any best way to do this? Maybe add a title page before each section?

Thanks again
Though no harm but the signed contract of employment is actually not required.

Hope the evidence of cohabitation evenly spaced 3-4 months over the past 2 years?

Ensure the documents are well arranged sequentially. Scanned PDF documents should be legible and maintain size of 6MB (there are apps e. g. ilovepdf.com that you can use in arranging,merging, compress etc).No need to create title page, on the upload website the section for upload of each scanned required documents is indicated.

aussieoscar7747
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussieoscar7747 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:32 am

Sorry I missed your comment on proof of English speaking requirement. I read that my Australian passport is sufficient for this? Is this not the case? If not, what would I need to provide?

Cohabitation is spaced over 3-4 months - yes

Thank you for the advice on the uploads

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:50 am

aussieoscar7747 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:32 am
Sorry I missed your comment on proof of English speaking requirement. I read that my Australian passport is sufficient for this? Is this not the case?
It is sufficient. I think it just wasn't explicit in your previous posts that you were Australian, the flag people use in their profile does not necessarily always represent their citizenship.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

aussieoscar7747
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussieoscar7747 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:14 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:50 am
aussieoscar7747 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:32 am
Sorry I missed your comment on proof of English speaking requirement. I read that my Australian passport is sufficient for this? Is this not the case?
It is sufficient. I think it just wasn't explicit in your previous posts that you were Australian, the flag people use in their profile does not necessarily always represent their citizenship.
Probably my poor English giving that impression in my initial post.. :lol:

Thank you!

aussieoscar7747
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussieoscar7747 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi All, Me Again.

I have just submitted my application and was expecting the evidence upload to be on the application itself but after submitting it appears that it is now done via the UKVAS website. This has slightly thrown me as this has obviously all changed since my initial application.

It mentions booking appointments and I am struggling to understand whether an appointment is necessary if we have all our documents ready to go? Is the purpose of the appointment to redo my bio metrics and this has replaced the visit to the post office?
There are no appointments available and clearly due to the pandemic this may be very hard to obtain a slot. What happens if I am unable to book a slot before the date stated (22nd September)?

I will appreciate the feedback as soon as possible as this has caught me off guard slightly. Thank you in advance :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 pm

The appointment is for biomterics. You must upload all your supporting documents before your appointment.

Ukcvas are dealing with applications from June at the moment for biomteric appointments as there was a backlog due to their offices being closed during lockdown.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.