ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sudent support.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Sudent support.

Post by 919213 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Hello all,
I hope all are safe and healthy :).

I am a final year student studying MSc. During the last week of May 2020, I could have submitted my academic project work. But I failed to meet the submission deadline due to an unusual mental health condition. Later I seek for extenuating circumstance for which was allowing me to finish remaining work in the next semester. Being international students, I am concerned about my status of staying in the UK, because my visa is due to expire end of August 2020 and, I asked university that possibilities to extend my visa. In response, university confirmed that I could complete your remaining work remotely and do not need to remain in the UK.

After a few days, I sent requesting mail to university and explained my incidents that I am experiencing traumatic effects. I lost a member of my family, and my family is being targeted in the community because my parents were COVID positive. My grandmother was suffering from the coronavirus, after a few days she died, and my father's health condition was going worse, he had to admit in the hospital and put on ventilator support in intensive care to get cure of the virus. These situations frequently remind me and, makes feels me anxious and depressed. I was unable to focus on studies and project work and failed to meet the deadlines. Working remotely from my home country and going back to home without pursuing degree would put me under worrying situations and requested to give me an opportunity to work on my remaining project here at the university campus helps me achieve my studies and exploring well-being services would assist me in overcoming my circumstances and feel supported.

:( I would like you to give me some advice on how to handle my situation.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Sudent support.

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:28 am

Even if the university does not sponsor you for an extension of your Tier 4 visa, you would not be required to leave the UK until the travel restrictions due to the pandemic made it possible and safe to do so. At the moment the Home Office is only giving free extensions to 31 July, but keep an eye on any further roll-out of these extensions. See

Otherwise, if you are saying you want to make an application to stay un the UK under another part of the immigration rules, not Tier 4, or outside the immigration rules, I would suggest professional advice on your options. Your university's international student adviser could refer you to a local immigration adviser.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by 919213 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:28 am
Even if the university does not sponsor you for an extension of your Tier 4 visa, you would not be required to leave the UK until the travel restrictions due to the pandemic made it possible and safe to do so. At the moment the Home Office is only giving free extensions to 31 July, but keep an eye on any further roll-out of these extensions. See

Otherwise, if you are saying you want to make an application to stay in the UK under another part of the immigration rules, not Tier 4, or outside the immigration rules, I would suggest professional advice on your options. Your university's international student adviser could refer you to a local immigration adviser.
Thank you for your great efforts to advice me,
I even got suggestions to approach to local British red cross and citizen advice office to seek advice from them. But, How helpful it would be to approach them?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:37 pm

919213 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
I even got suggestions to approach to local British red cross and citizen advice office to seek advice from them. But, How helpful it would be to approach them?
It sounds like the more support and advice you can get the better. But I'm afraid an online forum about student visas is probably not going to be very helpful to you.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.