ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dee1990
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

citizenship application

Post by Dee1990 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Hi Guys
I submitted my application today based on my refugee status and I was told not to sent any original documents such as passport,marriage and birth certificate. So what i did i went to see a solicitor and every documents I submitted he stamped saying true copy with his signature.So i sent the bundle today and when i tracked it it says its been delivered to D S U or something,
I know its not even been a day as i not send any originals i am guessing i wont be hear from them for a while .Anyone who is in in two mind whether to submit or not just do it make sure you ask someone to review before u send it .hardest part is just thinking about it not doing it

alterhase58
Germany

citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Dee1990 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm
Hi Guys
I submitted my application today based on my refugee status and I was told not to sent any original documents such as passport,marriage and birth certificate. So what i did i went to see a solicitor and every documents I submitted he stamped saying true copy with his signature.So i sent the bundle today and when i tracked it it says its been delivered to D S U or something,
I know its not even been a day as i not send any originals i am guessing i wont be hear from them for a while .Anyone who is in in two mind whether to submit or not just do it make sure you ask someone to review before u send it .hardest part is just thinking about it not doing it
Did you not apply online? You didn't have to pay a solicitor to certify copies - online you just upload your scanned documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BGV
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: citizenship application

Post by BGV » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Dear alterhase58,

Can HO request originals of Marriage or Birth certificates after submitting the scanned ones?
Should these original documents be presented on a Biometric appointment?
I have submitted all my scanned copies online on UKVCAS.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:38 pm

BGV wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:48 pm
Dear alterhase58,

Can HO request originals of Marriage or Birth certificates after submitting the scanned ones?
Should these original documents be presented on a Biometric appointment?
I have submitted all my scanned copies online on UKVCAS.
UKVI can request originals of any document you upload if they wish - however, it's quite rare and mainly concerns passports. I don't know what UKVCAS instructs you to bring but as I understand it's the passport that is required for identity check. Note that UKVCAS are agents of the Home Office and do not review applications as such.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BGV
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by BGV » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Thank you very much for your answer!