ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding Administrative Review. Please help! Urgent!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tash87
Philippines

Travel history with tier 2 Visa

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Hello,
In the tier 2 Application there’s no section to enter travel history. Do I still need to provide old passports with my other documents?

Regards

Tash87
Philippines

Help! Tier 2 Application asking for NARIC and English Language test both

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello guys,
I’m in a fix, At the document checklist at the end of the application it asks to tick mandatory document checklist and other documents.
For English language I only have the ielts for ukvi certificate and not NARIC but it’s not letting me proceed and gives a warning to tick all boxes, so until I check all the boxes it’s not letting me proceed to the declaration part of the application.

On the ukvi website it’s clearly mentioned that we need to provide either One of the two. I’m very confused, because I don’t have NARIC and if I tick the box that would imply that I will provide it as well.

Can someone please shed some light on it.

Tash87
Philippines

Re: Help! Tier 2 Application asking for NARIC and English Language test both

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

IN the application answered the fields like this
Do you have a degree taught in English: Yes
Does your degree meet English language requirement for Visa : No

It’s only When I answer Do you have a degree taught in English as then it takes the NARIC option off the application. Does that mean I have to put a No although the degree was taught in English ?

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:34 pm

NARIC is not only for English language Proof. It is also to assess and prove your international degree qualifications and skills. I understand every overseas degree must be validated and certified by NARIC for equivalence for Tier 2 application.

So it might be the case the system is looking for UK NARIC degree statement of comparability.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Tash87 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

It’s only When I answer Do you have a degree taught in English as then it takes the NARIC option off the application. Does that mean I have to put a No although the degree was taught in English ?
Its not about medium of instruction being English. If you answer NO , it means, that you are not claiming English Language requirement with your degree but isntead using IELTS for UKVI.

Again make sure you have Degree comparability from NARIC unless it is a UK degree.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm

As far as I understand the 10 points you get are for your English language and not your skills.
The section specifically mentions English language and doesn’t imply anything to do with your skills.

Even on the ukvi website it’s mentioned that for tier 2 you need to prove English by either the 2. NARIC doesn’t verify your Skill set it only verifies the mode of education.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:43 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:38 pm
Tash87 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Its not about medium of instruction being English. If you answer NO , it means, that you are not claiming English Language requirement with your degree but isntead using IELTS for UKVI.

Again make sure you have Degree comparability from NARIC unless it is a UK degree.
Thanks for your reply but I’m confused does that mean I need to submit both NARIC as well as ielts?

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 pm

I just want to confirm that do I need to prove my degree equivalency with U.K. degree for tier 2. That’s the only thing that NARIC provides differently than ielts.
From my understanding if it was required they would’ve Asked for it irrespective of mode of education being English or other wise.
Thanks

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Sorry. Now I am confused too. Till now all the applicants for Tier 2 General AFAIK have submitted their degree certificates , Mark statements and UK NARIC statement of comparability as a de facto.

But as such the Tier 2 guidance document does not say anything about this in particular.

So I now leave this to other experienced moderators to comment.

You can also check other threads on documents for Tier2 to see if you need one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 pm
Sorry. Now I am confused too. Till now all the applicants for Tier 2 General AFAIK have submitted their degree certificates , Mark statements and UK NARIC statement of comparability as a de facto.

But as such the Tier 2 guidance document does not say anything about this in particular.

There is no requirement that the applicant must prove their skills by submitting a degree of their qualification. The question in the form is ONLY related to meeting the English requirement. If an applicant does not have UKVI red route NARIC for a foreign degree, it cannot be used to meet the English requirement and the degree question in the form is NO then.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ProinUK67
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travel history with tier 2 Visa

Post by ProinUK67 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:31 pm

I recently filled the tier 2 application and there is a section where there are wuestions relating to travel history.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm
SKJ1984 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 pm

There is no requirement that the applicant must prove their skills by submitting a degree of their qualification. The question in the form is ONLY related to meeting the English requirement. If an applicant does not have UKVI red route NARIC for a foreign degree, it cannot be used to meet the English requirement and the degree question in the form is NO then.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide
Thanks that clears the doubt, I’ll choose ‘No’ for the degree question.
Also I wanted to ask that in application there’s a Question for English language test that “how did you receive your result?”.
There are two options
Online & Certificate
I received ielts for ukvi Test Report Form In the mail. So I’m assuming that is referred as certificate?

Tash87
Philippines

Re: Travel history with tier 2 Visa

Post by Tash87 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 am

Sorry I should’ve been more clear yes there’s section of travel history but not detailed only asks a couple of questions.

Nothing specific about travel dates to different countries visited in the past.
Does that mean we are not needed to submit our old passports during biometrics?

Tash87
Philippines

Home office email

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 am

In country tier 2 Application: I received email from home office asking me to email my documents like ielts and maintenance. They didn’t ask for my identification documentation like passport copy, brp etc.
I have emailed them the required documents but have received no confirmation. Just want to know should I be expecting it or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home office email

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 am

They didn’t ask for my identification documentation like passport copy, brp etc.
You will likely have to provide this at biometric appointment or upload it yourself to the UKCVAS portal if not already done.
I have emailed them the required documents but have received no confirmation. Just want to know should I be expecting it or not?
Possible you will not get an acknowledgment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tash87
Philippines

Re: Home office email

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:22 am

Thank you, yes I’ve uploaded the all documents on the portal after I received the email. Though I wasn’t asked to but just to be on the safe side.

Tash87
Philippines

Mistake in visa dates

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm

My employer changed my start and end date of the employment in cos. It was amended in the notes at the end of the COS.
Looks like the case worker didn’t look at the notes and assigned me visa based on old dates. That means the visa end date is pushed back from September 2025 to April 2025.
I have the provision to go for administrative review after I receive my brp. My question is do I need to ask my employer to give me the Detailed cos document so I can attach it with the administrative review or only mentionIng the amended start and end dates is enough it in the review since they already have access to cos?

SKJ1984
India

Re: Mistake in visa dates

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Tash87 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm
My employer changed my start and end date of the employment in cos. It was amended in the notes at the end of the COS.
Looks like the case worker didn’t look at the notes and assigned me visa based on old dates. That means the visa end date is pushed back from September 2025 to April 2025.
I have the provision to go for administrative review after I receive my brp. My question is do I need to ask my employer to give me the Detailed cos document so I can attach it with the administrative review or only mentionIng the amended start and end dates is enough it in the review since they already have access to cos?
Did you give the amended cos dates in your UKVI application as COS START DATE?

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm
Did you give the amended cos dates in your UKVI application as COS START DATE?
It was an in country application and there was no section to mention cos start and Cos end date of the employment. However it did ask if the cos is issued for more than 3 years for which I answered yes.
Last edited by Tash87 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm

What was the exact start and end date of the CoS? What was the total duration of your CoS?

What the exact amendment? Did they simply add a note on the CoS or did they add a note on the SMS system??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

The HR initially made a mistake in dates and put them as 1June 2020 and end date as 31 March 2025. The cos was issued on 27th May.
Then the HR amended on the cos start date as 1 OCT 2020 and end date as 30 sept 2025. The application was submitted on 21st July.
The note was added in the SMS system.
The current end date on visa is 14 April 2025 so they have not checked the notes and considered the old end date.
Cos was issueD for 5 years.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:10 pm

The amendment states : “To note that work start date is from 01-10-2020 and work end date will be 30-09-2025.“

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm

They should have cancelled the CoS and issued a new one. Work start date is slightly different to the CoS validity date. Work start date can be changed even after a visa is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm

This was the third cos issued the HR already made major blunders the first two times like issuing in the wrong category etc. So this time they said the mistake is minor so can be amended in notes and no need to issue new cos.

What do you suggest now? Should I go for administrative review. Because according to notes my start and end date was amended. And clearly they didn’t read the notes.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:56 pm

My main concern is the end date as my visa has shortened now.