ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:33 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:20 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:17 am
Dekedaba wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:00 am
It is very frustrating no doubt, but they didn't just introduce the "might take up to 6 months" part of the application process. It is and has been common knowledge for a standard application process and given that they have had to pause the priority services I guess we can only have a genuine case after 6 months post submission.

We should all be patient.
Agree with this very valid point. I do honestly believe that the upload feature will mean everyone waiting gets sorted within a month.

I wonder if it’s too much to hope that 1 - they’ve made decisions already and 2 - the decision and the upload functionality is interlinked so that for those who have a positive decision pre made, as soon as they upload, they get the approval email.

Exactly, unless there is a case who has gone past six months there is no point of raising complaints etc... as they are still within their standard timelines. Also if it goes beyond 6 months (highly unlikely) then it will be beacuse of the COVID situation which they have already informed.
All we need is to give them some time and wait 👍🏻
6 months wait was fine when there was an option of priority service. Anyone who needed it urgently could have used it. People are restless as they might need to travel due to emergency situation back home , apply for job/loan , rent a property Etc but can’t do anything at all.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:34 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:33 pm
dsharma7 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
Dekedaba wrote:
It is very frustrating no doubt, but they didn't just introduce the "might take up to 6 months" part of the application process. It is and has been common knowledge for a standard application process and given that they have had to pause the priority services I guess we can only have a genuine case after 6 months post submission.

Exactly, unless there is a case who has gone past six months there is no point of raising complaints etc... as they are still within their standard timelines. Also if it goes beyond 6 months (highly unlikely) then it will be beacuse of the COVID situation which they have already informed.
6 months wait was fine when there was an option of priority service. Anyone who needed it urgently could have used it. People are restless as they might need to travel due to emergency situation back home , apply for job/loan , rent a property Etc but can’t do anything at all.
Agree with this very valid point. I do honestly believe that the upload feature will mean everyone waiting gets sorted within a month.

I wonder if it’s too much to hope that 1 - they’ve made decisions already and 2 - the decision and the upload functionality is interlinked so that for those who have a positive decision pre made, as soon as they upload, they get the approval email.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:35 pm

mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:33 am
mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 pm
For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

I know someone who applied today 15/7/2020 but have NO option like this.

I am assuming this option maybe is only for applicants till June then??

Application submitted and paid on 1st july,
Got an email asking to email documents on 2nd july
Got a generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months.
I saw the option to submit the docs to HO the day it was available to everyone else.

Do you see "Submitted" next to your uploaded docs? Perhaps it's on by default now?

When did you get this generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months?
3rd july.
Thanks

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:43 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am
mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:33 am
mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 am

Application submitted and paid on 1st july,
Got an email asking to email documents on 2nd july
Got a generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months.
I saw the option to submit the docs to HO the day it was available to everyone else.

Do you see "Submitted" next to your uploaded docs? Perhaps it's on by default now?

When did you get this generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months?
3rd july.
Did you have the option to submit documents to UKVI in your UKVCAS account under documents upload tab?
Yes I had that option. I checked a box and submitted docs. All docs showed "Submitted" indicating they are successfully submitted. It also said any other docs I submit will also be automatically submitted to HO.

sanya12
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanya12 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:48 pm

I have also written to my local MP as I urgently need to travel but have an ILR application pending. They have said they will write to the Home Office in June itself, and the Home office has 20 working days to reply to them. The 20 working days is completed next Tuesday so I will post a reply if I get one by then.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
Dekedaba wrote:

Spot on, that is the biggest source of frustration for most at the moment. I've been waiting for the option of 'priority' to potentially open again - as being stuck in the country without ability to leave for 6 months is really not an option for me.

I've now decided that I'm just going to apply via the standard application process, as this is just taking to long now and they will hopefully get these moving quicker than normal.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:06 pm

UKVCAS - 16 JULY SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 21:00 and 21:30, for planned maintenance

Wondering if this is what we've all been waiting for

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:12 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:06 pm
UKVCAS - 16 JULY SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 21:00 and 21:30, for planned maintenance

Wondering if this is what we've all been waiting for
Hopefully it should be an update on how to upload photo, that would be a huge relief for all who have received email for biometric reuse 👍🏻

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 pm

MrBarry465 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm
dsharma7 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
Dekedaba wrote:

Spot on, that is the biggest source of frustration for most at the moment. I've been waiting for the option of 'priority' to potentially open again - as being stuck in the country without ability to leave for 6 months is really not an option for me.

I've now decided that I'm just going to apply via the standard application process, as this is just taking to long now and they will hopefully get these moving quicker than normal.
Exactly, I've waited 3 months for the priority service to reopen and then applied via standard process.

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm

hi there,
my application was submitted 8th july,
documents uploaded to UKVCAS 9th july
UKVCAS option available to submit UKVi and done on 9th july
first email from UKVI was saturday saying generally will take more than 6 months
then second email UKVI asking documents but the documents they requested doesnt match with my ILR tier 2

the documents they asked were;

Evidence of English Language (unless you meet any of the exemptions laid out in Appendix B of the Immigration Rules)
Evidence of personal savings in line with Appendix C of the Immigration Rules (unless your maintenance has been certified by an A-Rated Sponsor on your Certificate of Sponsorship)
Your degree certificate or evidence of 12 months completed towards a PhD (if you are switching from Tier 4 into Tier 2)
A Governing Body Endorsement letter from the relevant authority (if you are applying as a Tier 2 Sportsperson)
Police Registration Certificate (if you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)

how ever i submitted all the documents relevent to access list ; as above thiings doesnt match with my application.
i am worrying they doing the normal leave to remain than indefinite leave to remain? or application gone to wrong place?
the email was from tier 2 and 5 visaand citizenship..
please share similar stories.

Den4iks99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Post by Den4iks99 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Nilang wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm
hi there,
my application was submitted 8th july,
documents uploaded to UKVCAS 9th july
UKVCAS option available to submit UKVi and done on 9th july
first email from UKVI was saturday saying generally will take more than 6 months
then second email UKVI asking documents but the documents they requested doesnt match with my ILR tier 2

the documents they asked were;

Evidence of English Language (unless you meet any of the exemptions laid out in Appendix B of the Immigration Rules)
Evidence of personal savings in line with Appendix C of the Immigration Rules (unless your maintenance has been certified by an A-Rated Sponsor on your Certificate of Sponsorship)
Your degree certificate or evidence of 12 months completed towards a PhD (if you are switching from Tier 4 into Tier 2)
A Governing Body Endorsement letter from the relevant authority (if you are applying as a Tier 2 Sportsperson)
Police Registration Certificate (if you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)

how ever i submitted all the documents relevent to access list ; as above thiings doesnt match with my application.
i am worrying they doing the normal leave to remain than indefinite leave to remain? or application gone to wrong place?
the email was from tier 2 and 5 visaand citizenship..
please share similar stories.
I had the same email and docs weren't suitable as well. I replied with a question about that, then in a week I have received a proper list from caseworker
--------
- Main applicant ():
Current employer letter
Full list of absences from the United Kingdom during the qualifying 5 year period
Personal bank statement within 28 days of application date confirming latest pay Payslip to correspond with above bank statement
Police Registration Certificate (If you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)
Confirmation if you sat a Life in the UK test prior to 21st March 2020 and if so provide the test reference number

- Dependant Partner ():
Evidence of current cohabitation e.g. joint bank statements, joint utility bills or a recent document confirming address for yourself and your sponsor
English language - overseas degree and NARIC report, or confirmation if you have sat an approved English Language test prior to 21st March 2020 and if so provide the reference number
Confirmation if you have sat a Life in the UK test prior to 21st March 2020 and if so provide the test reference number
List of absences from the United Kingdom (if your last PBS dependant application was made after 11 January 2018)
Police Registration Certificate (If you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)
--------

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:31 pm

@ Den4iks99

thank you for info. thats relief to know . so how long it has been since you submitted documents? was the letter signed by the person or team under tier 2 and 5?

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi all,

Will appreciate some help on documents upload. I submitted my application this morning and subsequently created a UKVCAS account. There is a "Document Upload" tab, and I am asked to upload mandatory and option documents.

Under mandatory documents, there are two document types: 1. Other; 2. Proof of Application. Do I just upload all required document one the checklist? I am assuming the Access checklist is the same as the document checklist towards the end of the application?

Under optional documents, there are many document types. Does it mean I don't need to repeat myself and re-upload the documents in the mandatory section? Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but it may be easier to re-upload the documents in the appropriate category.

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:49 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi all,

Will appreciate some help on documents upload. I submitted my application this morning and subsequently created a UKVCAS account. There is a "Document Upload" tab, and I am asked to upload mandatory and option documents.

Under mandatory documents, there are two document types: 1. Other; 2. Proof of Application. Do I just upload all required document one the checklist? I am assuming the Access checklist is the same as the document checklist towards the end of the application?

Under optional documents, there are many document types. Does it mean I don't need to repeat myself and re-upload the documents in the mandatory section? Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but it may be easier to re-upload the documents in the appropriate category.

Many thanks!
It does not matter where you upload the documents.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Den4iks99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Post by Den4iks99 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Nilang wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:31 pm
@ Den4iks99

thank you for info. thats relief to know . so how long it has been since you submitted documents? was the letter signed by the person or team under tier 2 and 5?
The first letter (with an incorrect list of documents) was from 'Tier 2/5 Visas & Citizenship Operations – Work & Study UK Visas & Immigration'
The second letter was signed by a caseworker from Tier 2/5 Operations team.

Date my ILR was submitted - 1 July
First letter - 3rd July
Second letter - 9th July (I have sent my docs at same day again)

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:25 pm

If someone already has an UKVCAS appointment booked in future, do they still need to submit the documents using this new option?
If someone has received biometric reuse email and if they use this option to submit documents and if some document is missing then what next? submit option is available only once

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:31 pm

I wrote to my local MP about removal of the Priority Service and advised the Home Office to expend the right of 3C leave of ILR applicants, to allow us to change job or set up new businesses after submit the ILR application. My local MP received the following reply from the Home Office after 30 days of the initial enquiry:

Mr x applied for ILR on DDMMYYYY and the service standard for concluding these applications is six months from the date of the application.

I will respond to Mr X ’s concerns in the order that he raised them in his correspondence.

In line with the government response to the coronavirus pandemic, the Super Priority Visa and Priority Visa services were temporarily suspended across all relevant application routes on 24 and 30 March 2020.

These services will continue to be paused for now. This will change in time but our focus at present is to deliver our services safely and effectively.

Please be assured that we recognise that customers are keen to complete their applications.  However, our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service, that meets public health guidelines.  Whilst our aim is to assess applications within our normal service standards, there may be delays as the operation restarts and we evaluate the operating environment.

Regarding 3C leave, it should be noted that when an application is made in-time, before the expiry of existing leave, an applicant remains in the UK on the terms and conditions of their previous leave until a decision is made on the new application, even if the decision is not made until their previous leave has expired.  This is because they are covered by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which preserves the applicant’s existing conditions of leave, including any conditions permitting them to take employment, until their application is decided (or they withdraw their application or leave the UK.  It should be noted that Mr X’S current Leave to Remain does not expire until DDMMYY.

It is open to employers, or prospective employers, to obtain confirmation of an individual's permission to work via our Employer Checking Service (ECS).  Further information and guidance can be found on our website at: www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status.  If a member of the public requires information on ECS, there is a helpline they can call between Monday to Friday at: 0300 123 4699.

We have put in place measures to safeguard our people and those using our services against the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, further delays may arise and we ask for further patience during this period.  We apologise in advance for any inconvenience and distress this may cause.  Further information on COVID-19 and our services can be found on our website at: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-1 ... -residents.

Yours sincerely

Just a very general reply without any new information TBH.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:42 pm

“Deliver our service effectively” - this is the funniest joke I’ve heard so far this year...

I wrote an email to my local MP this morning regarding the Superpriority/Priority Service, so fingers crossed that HO will reply.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi all,
I have been a keen observer and noticed all the frustration that we all might have, where we all aspiring to the same goals i.e. so that we all get granted ILR but we are not in normal times and I stress that we all be patient. Some of you have waited 5 years, 10, years just to name but a few and this should be the final hurdle, but Covd_19 has throne the spanner in the works for all of us but may I stress the following
• Patience’s should be key here, let’s give them ample time to sort themselves out after 6 months and no responses for earlier applicants then we can start channel-ling our anger positively.
• We have also waited all this year’s till now a few more weeks, or months is required let’s all persevere and victory will be ours in the fullness of time.
• This is no ordinary times I know some want to see their families, travel or to attend to urgent business matters however we cannot lose sight of the end goal like Bob Goff said and I quote “Embrace uncertainty Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.”

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Hello all!

Questions on UKVCAS upload document page:

1- Do I need to upload my BPR copy, and if yes, is this doc needed to be uploaded at the "Optional--> Residence in the UK" tab? (Note that a *mandatory* upload is my passport!)

2- In which tab do you upload the Police Registration?

3- Proof of Identity/Travel History tab: I uploaded my travel history employer letter. But what is "Proof of Identity" here?

4- Sponsor/Employment tab: I already had to upload as *mandatory* doc my sponsorship letter before, so what would I upload here?

Overall, what UKVCAS and UKVI ask for and how they framed it is not aligned with each other, so this is confusing.

Thanks!

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

I applied yesterday (15-07-2020) and uploaded and submitted documents to UKVI today (16-07-2020). The option was there to check a checkbox and submit all uploaded documents to UKVI.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:11 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

I applied yesterday (15-07-2020) and uploaded and submitted documents to UKVI today (16-07-2020). The option was there to check a checkbox and submit all uploaded documents to UKVI.
Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm
GondalUK wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks
Note: The option is available to use only once. I can't see it now after I have submitted documents. Later there will be option to upload but not to submit to UKVI.

So I suggest to use it when sure about all documents.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm
GondalUK wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks
Note: The option is available to use only once. I can't see it now after I have submitted documents. Later there will be option to upload but not to submit to UKVI.

So I suggest to use it when sure about all documents.
After submitting do you still see the number of files that you uploaded before submitting?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:25 pm

@Gondal thanks
Its not for me. Someone I know said he can not view that option so I was just wondering if that is available for everyone or only up until June. Thanks for clarifying, seems like its open to all, maybe he is not looking at the right place.

@Vikas
Yes you do see the number of files after submission.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.