ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Waived?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Biometrics Waived?

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Good evening,
A friend of mine who has been waiting for appointment told me today that he was contacted by HO that he is qualified for biometrics waiver as result of the Covid-19. And that he will receive a link later where he will capture his photo and submit.
Has only one else received a similar email?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometrics Waived?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 pm

There are two existing topics discussing biomteric issues, one in this sub forum and one in the ilr sub forum

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1913368

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1913470

It is also NOT a biometric "waiver". It is UKVI deciding to REUSE previous submitted biomterics in certain cases. Not everyone qualifies for this reuse option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm
Good evening,
A friend of mine who has been waiting for appointment told me today that he was contacted by HO that he is qualified for biometrics waiver as result of the Covid-19. And that he will receive a link later where he will capture his photo and submit.
When did your friend submit his application?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 pm
There are two existing topics discussing biomteric issues, one in this sub forum and one in the ilr sub forum

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1913368

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1913470

It is also NOT a biometric "waiver". It is UKVI deciding to REUSE previous submitted biomterics in certain cases. Not everyone qualifies for this reuse option.
Thanks you are right. It wasn't a waiver but to reuse the one submitted for previous applications.
Last edited by Djsuccess on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:45 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Good evening,
When did your friend submit his application?
I think he submitted in May.

arjay

Post by arjay » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:40 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Good evening,
Yes, - we had an email a couple of weeks ago about HO reusing the existing biometrics. Though, so far, no email giving further information about how to deal with the photo aspect.

Also, over last weekend I spotted a prompt on the UKVCAS website that said we could "submit" our already scanned and uploaded documents, onward to UKVI, which I did.

The original online application was submitted on 2nd April.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 pm

arjay wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:40 am
Djsuccess wrote:
Good evening,
Yes, - we had an email a couple of weeks ago about HO reusing the existing biometrics. Though, so far, no email giving further information about how to deal with the photo aspect.

Also, over last weekend I spotted a prompt on the UKVCAS website that said we could "submit" our already scanned and uploaded documents, onward to UKVI, which I did.

The original online application was submitted on 2nd April.
Thanks