ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial spouse visa application. Change of name

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rommy

Initial spouse visa application. Change of name

Post by rommy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I am getting married in September and hoping to apply for spouse visa for my partner striaght away while I am still in Pakistan. Can you please help me with few questions.

1. My spouse already has passport with her father's name as family name. She will be taking my name after marriage. Do we have to get her surname changed on her passport before making the application? I am hoping to apply for visa within first week of marriage and I am hoping its not necessary to get passport amended first as it can take few weeks.

2. I have just realized that my employer have got my surname and first name other way around on the payslips. Will this cause a problem with application? Even if they amend it on system now. It wont be reflected on payslips already issued. I will be attaching my contract of employment and a letter of employment from my employer. Would it be sufficient?

3. Can someone please point me to a detailed document check list or home office documents guidance? There is a very helpful sticky thread for applications from pakistan in this forum. But I am afraid its from 2014-15.

Thank you so much for all your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Initial spouse visa application. Change of name

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 am

rommy wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 pm
Hello everyone,

I am getting married in September and hoping to apply for spouse visa for my partner striaght away while I am still in Pakistan. Can you please help me with few questions.

1. My spouse already has passport with her father's name as family name. She will be taking my name after marriage. Do we have to get her surname changed on her passport before making the application? I am hoping to apply for visa within first week of marriage and I am hoping its not necessary to get passport amended first as it can take few weeks.

2. I have just realized that my employer have got my surname and first name other way around on the payslips. Will this cause a problem with application? Even if they amend it on system now. It wont be reflected on payslips already issued. I will be attaching my contract of employment and a letter of employment from my employer. Would it be sufficient?

3. Can someone please point me to a detailed document check list or home office documents guidance? There is a very helpful sticky thread for applications from pakistan in this forum. But I am afraid its from 2014-15.

1. Visa will be issued in line with the name printed on the passport so either you apply a new passport or apply in old maiden name. Also remember that adopting marriage name is not mandatory.

2. Maybe this time it won't cause any issue or even might not be noticed provided the spellings are correct.

3. You will be given full checklist on submission of application
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm

rommy wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi,
Please see a list of documents we uploaded on TLS. Those marked with ***** were mandatory documents as per our checklist.
The categories should be the same on VFS.

Accommodation Evidence
Landlord NOC Letter
Tennancy Agreement
Housing Inspection Report

Employment Evidence
Employer letter *****
Signed Contract of Employment*****
Contract amendment notes/Letters
Pay review letters

Family/Relationship Evidence
Marriage Certificate******
Photos take during our wedding ceremony and while together
WhatsApp Call Logs
WhatsApp Chat Logs
Sponsor’s Flight Tickets, Boarding Passes and Passport Stamps
Money Transfer Receipts.

Financial Evidence
Spouse Bank Statements******
6 Months Payslips******

Other Documents
English Language Certificate*****
Tuberculosis (TB) Certificate
Copy of completed Application Form.
An Email copy of IHS Payment.

Residency Documents
Copy of Passport pages for Applicant*****

Sponsor Documents
Current Bio data Page copy of Sponsor******
Letter of Support for Spouse Visa Application

******* Manatory Documnets as per UKVI Document Checklist

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 am
rommy wrote:
Hello everyone,

1. Visa will be issued in line with the name printed on the passport so either you apply a new passport or apply in old maiden name. Also remember that adopting marriage name is not mandatory.

2. Maybe this time it won't cause any issue or even might not be noticed provided the spellings are correct.

Thank you so much Seagul. You are an amazing person and your input is really appreciated.

In Pakistan its normal practice for wife to take husband first name as her last name. Ideally we would like to get it updated before visa application. But the process is very time consuming and it will force us apply in October with much higher NHS fee plus chance of delay in processing of application with December holidays on horizon.

Based on your kind feedback. I think the best option is to apply based on her current passport and keep the same maiden name.

Will we have the option to get her name changed once she is in UK? I had a look on Home office website and it seems we can apply for a new BRP once her name has been changed. Is this a straight forward process and what would you suggest?

Thanks again for your input.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Will we have the option to get her name changed once she is in UK?
Yes.
I had a look on Home office website and it seems we can apply for a new BRP once her name has been changed. Is this a straight forward process and what would you suggest?
Yes, you have to inform ho within 3 months if updating her passport and apply for a new brp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:34 pm

rommy wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:38 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 am
rommy wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much Seagul. You are an amazing person and your input is really appreciated.

In Pakistan its normal practice for wife to take husband first name as her last name. Ideally we would like to get it updated before visa application. But the process is very time consuming and it will force us apply in October with much higher NHS fee plus chance of delay in processing of application with December holidays on horizon.

Based on your kind feedback. I think the best option is to apply based on her current passport and keep the same maiden name.

Will we have the option to get her name changed once she is in UK? I had a look on Home office website and it seems we can apply for a new BRP once her name has been changed. Is this a straight forward process and what would you suggest?

Thanks again for your input.
Yes it would be better to apply in maiden name and then on arrival into UK apply another BRP card with married name. Also another option can be to get it changed in next extension to avoid the extra application for only change of name by simply renewing/replacing your passport 3 months before of the planned date of applying extension.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rommy

Post by rommy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm
rommy wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi,
Please see a list of documents we uploaded on TLS. Those marked with ***** were mandatory documents as per our checklist.

Accommodation Evidence
Landlord NOC Letter
Tennancy Agreement

Employment Evidence
Employer letter *****
Pay review letters

WhatsApp Call Logs
WhatsApp Chat Logs
Money Transfer Receipts.

Financial Evidence
6 Months Payslips******

Other Documents

Residency Documents

Sponsor Documents

Thank you very much for this detailed list.

Can you please help with the file format for scanned documents and was there any size / name restrictions?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:18 am

rommy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 am
Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm
rommy wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi,

Accommodation Evidence
Landlord NOC Letter
Tennancy Agreement

Employment Evidence
Employer letter *****
Pay review letters

WhatsApp Call Logs
WhatsApp Chat Logs
Money Transfer Receipts.

Financial Evidence
6 Months Payslips******

Other Documents

Residency Documents

Sponsor Documents

Thank you very much for this detailed list.

Can you please help with the file format for scanned documents and was there any size / name restrictions?
It was all .pdf format. Max size on TLS was 10.5MB
Not sure about VFS.

rommy

Post by rommy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Thank you