ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting the 'Proof of Living Together' Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgon777
Yemen

Spouse Visa First Extension Requirements

Post by gorgon777 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi All,
I am the wife of my spouse who is a male British Citizen.
I arrived in the UK on 1st December 2017 and my Biometric Residency Permit expires on 25th August 2020.
I have compiled the below scanned documents to apply for my First Extension after 2.5 years of being in the UK.
  • 1. Is there something I am missing or should the below suffice for them to extend successfully?
    2. Do I have to scan all pages (inc empty) of both my old and new passport pages?
    3. Do I have to scan my Husbands passport pages (inc empty)?
    4. Can I give them a reference number to my IELTS A2 result if the certificate isn't posted in time?
    5. Do I need a Housing Fitness report as I provided in my first application for Entry Clearence?
    6. Any other supporting evidence I can provide to proof living away from my Husband in the UK is difficult?

Mandatory Documents
Applicant’s Old Passport and all pages with stamps present
Applicant's New Passport (has no stamps)
Applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit (Front & Back)
Signed Declaration for Home Office 3rd Party Checks.
Birth Certificate of 1 year old Son.
Evidence of Husband's Immigration Status [His Passport ID Page Scan, not all pages]

Other Documents
English Language Requirement
IELTS Life Skills A2 Certificate/Reference Number

Marriage Solemnization
Marriage Certificate (English & Arabic versions)

Financial Requirement
6 months of Bank Statements & Payslips. P60.

Proof of Employment
Employee Letter (Title, Length, Type, Gross Annual Salary, Period of Salary)

Proof of Home Ownership
House Deeds, Letter of Support from Owner, Owner's Passport. Owner's Gas Bill.

Proof of Living Together
Applicant
Bank Letter, GP Registration, NHS Maternity Certificate, DWP NI Letter, GP Birth Appointment.
Husband
Electricity Bill, Telephone/Internet Bill, Bank Statement, DVLA V5C Letter, NHS PPC.
Joint
Water Utility Bill

Proof of Divorce
Decree Absolute, Decree Nisi, Decree Nisi Notice, Section 41 Certificate, Certificate of No Impediment.

Proof of difficulty living outside of the UK
UK Government Travel Advice Notice against travel to Yemen (Applicant's origin country)

Kind Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa First Extension Requirements

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:49 pm

P60s not required.

Certificate of no impediment is not required. Divorce papers not required if already proved free to marry for initial spouse visa.

Proof of difficulty living outside the UK is not required.

Housing inspection report is not required.

Biometric page if husband's passport only.

You need to scan both your passports biometric pages and stamped pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Proof of Home Ownership
House Deeds, Letter of Support from Owner, Owner's Passport. Owner's Gas Bill
Who owns the property either the sponsor or family member/friend. Or there is a private landlord.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:49 pm
P60s not required.

Certificate of no impediment is not required. Divorce papers not required if already proved free to marry for initial spouse visa.

Proof of difficulty living outside the UK is not required.

Housing inspection report is not required.

Biometric page if husband's passport only.

You need to scan both your passports biometric pages and stamped pages.
Thank you for confirming these points! It didnt allow me to edit but I will post the remaining questions below:

1. On the Other Documents section on the Online Application form, a P60 is specifically mentioned on the list as required 'for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon'. Is this misleading?
2. On the Other Documents section on the Online Application form, a Signed Contract of Employment is asked for from my Husband. Is this the first letter that was signed when my Husband was employed, or will the Letter from his employer, stating Job Title, Length, Salary etc be enough?
3. My IELTS A2 Exam is on the 25th July, if I dont get the result or ceritifcate on the day or before I submit my application, can I provide the reference number or do they explicity want a certificate scan?
4. Do I need to send my original passports(old and new) to them, or is it all scanned online?
seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm
gorgon777 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Proof of Home Ownership
House Deeds, Letter of Support from Owner, Owner's Passport. Owner's Gas Bill
Who owns the property either the sponsor or family member/friend. Or there is a private landlord.
The property is owned by my husband's father.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:49 pm

1. On the Other Documents section on the Online Application form, a P60 is specifically mentioned on the list as required 'for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon'. Is this misleading?
2. On the Other Documents section on the Online Application form, a Signed Contract of Employment is asked for from my Husband. Is this the first letter that was signed when my Husband was employed, or will the Letter from his employer, stating Job Title, Length, Salary etc be enough?
3. My IELTS A2 Exam is on the 25th July, if I dont get the result or ceritifcate on the day or before I submit my application, can I provide the reference number or do they explicity want a certificate scan?
4. Do I need to send my original passports(old and new) to them, or is it all scanned online?

5. The property is owned by my husband's father.
1. P60 still can be supplied whilst making a request to treat it as a cohabitation evidence instead financial because it usually contain irrelevant financial information for visa purposes.

2. Usually employer letter is sufficient. Not sure that why the application form still asking the employment contract which will certainly be older than 28 days.

3. If the test centre hasn't changed their practice into only providing the pass notification instead a result report/certificate then more you will have received it before your date of biometrics which can be uploaded until then.

4. All online

5. Father's noc letter instead letter of support will be needed
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 pm

gorgon777 wrote:

1. P60 still can be supplied whilst making a request to treat it as a cohabitation evidence instead financial because it usually contain irrelevant financial information for visa purposes.

2. Usually employer letter is sufficient. Not sure that why the application form still asking the employment contract which will certainly be older than 28 days.

3. If the test centre hasn't changed their practice into only providing the pass notification instead a result report/certificate then more you will have received it before your date of biometrics which can be uploaded until then.

4. All online

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 pm
gorgon777 wrote:

4. All online

Thank you for confirming once again. There are so many misconceptions on what is exactly required by the Home Office and it doesnt help with some ambiguous statements on the online form checklists. Much appreciate the help :)

gorgon777
Yemen

Meeting the 'Proof of Living Together' Requirement

Post by gorgon777 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi,

I have the below items of correspondance address separately to my spouse and myself, as well as a single joint correspondance. My leave started on 04/12/2017 and ends 30/08/2020. A couple of questions:

1. Would these meet the criteria?
2. How even does the spread of the dates on the letter be. The letters are not even, but not totally skewed towards a certain time of year either. Is this acceptable?
3. Can my spouse use 6 different sources even if i spread them across the 2.5 years of leave?

Myself
SourceContentDate
NHSGP Registration Letter01/2018
NHSNeo-Natal Letter02/2018
DWPNational Insurance Letter07/2018
NHSMaternity Exemption Letter10/2018
GPBirth Appointment Letter07/2019
UUWater Bill (joint)06/2020
My Spouse
SourceContentDate
NHSPrescription Certificate (PPC)01/2018
HMRCAnnual Tax Summary08/2018
DVLAV5C Car Registration06/2019
SLCStudent Loans Company Letter11/2019
NHSPrescription Certificate (PPC)04/2020
UUWater Bill (joint)06/2020

geoeng
Canada

Re: Meeting the 'Proof of Living Together' Requirement

Post by geoeng » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:32 pm
2. How even does the spread of the dates on the letter be. The letters are not even, but not totally skewed towards a certain time of year either. Is this acceptable?
3. Can my spouse use 6 different sources even if i spread them across the 2.5 years of leave?
1. In terms of number of sources and number of documents, yes, it would appear so. However, you only need to cover the two years prior to the date of application for the extension, not the whole validity period of the current visa.

2. The spread is supposed to be roughly evenly, how strict this is applied is a bit of an unknown. It would appear there are large gaps of nearly a year in what you are proposing to provide (e.g. 10/2018 to 07/2019 for yourself and 08/2018 to 06/2019 for your spouse). To cover the last two years, the dates for 6 pieces of correspondence (each or joint) to be roughly evenly spread out should probably be about 4-5 months apart.

3. Yes to number of different sources, there is only a minimum of 3 different sources required in total but no maximum. See my other responses for the spread and how long it should cover.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 am
gorgon777 wrote:
2. The spread is supposed to be roughly evenly, how strict this is applied is a bit of an unknown. It would appear there are large gaps of nearly a year in what you are proposing to provide (e.g. 10/2018 to 07/2019 for yourself and 08/2018 to 06/2019 for your spouse). To cover the last two years, the dates for 6 pieces of correspondence (each or joint) to be roughly evenly spread out should probably be about 4-5 months apart.
This is a bit concerning, as I genuinely have no letters addressed to me during 10/2018 and 07/2019. My spouse does have bank letters and electric bills so he can be covered. For myself, is there an alterative method to prove I was living during the period?

Also I have my exam scheduled for the 24/07/2020, and my leave ends 30/08/2020.
1. Do I need to provide a scan of the certificate before I finish the application, hence wait a couple week for the document to arrive?
or
2. Can I state the reference number of the pass rating somehow?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:49 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm
geoeng wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 am
gorgon777 wrote:
This is a bit concerning, as I genuinely have no letters addressed to me during 10/2018 and 07/2019. My spouse does have bank letters and electric bills so he can be covered. For myself, is there an alterative method to prove I was living during the period?

1. Do I need to provide a scan of the certificate before I finish the application, hence wait a couple week for the document to arrive? You need to scan and upload the certificate. this has to be done before your bio-metrics appointment at which time you can not amend or upload again. Except if you happen to be one of those who will be selected to send your scanned document to UKVI by mail.
or
2. Can I state the reference number of the pass rating somehow? There is a space on the online form where you have to input your URN which is stated on your English test certificate.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 pm

gorgon777 wrote:

. For myself, is there an alterative method to prove I was living during the period?

No. Also personalized letters from someone confirming cohabitation most often carry no weight.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:49 pm
gorgon777 wrote:
1. Do I need to provide a scan of the certificate before I finish the application, hence wait a couple week for the document to arrive? You need to scan and upload the certificate. this has to be done before your bio-metrics appointment at which time you can not amend or upload again. Except if you happen to be one of those who will be selected to send your scanned document to UKVI by mail.
or
2. Can I state the reference number of the pass rating somehow? There is a space on the online form where you have to input your URN which is stated on your English test certificate.
Thanks for this clarification of the URN. I have majorly completed my online application but there is no mention of where to add the URN yet as I have only got as far as the Pay section.

A couple more questions:
1. Do I need to book a TB test for an spouse visa extension?
2. Do I have to apply 28 days before my leave expires i.e my leave expires on 30/08/2020 so i must apply before 02/08/2020?
3. Do I need a Housing Fitness Report to prove accomodation is satisfactory ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:33 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks for this clarification of the URN. I have majorly completed my online application but there is no mention of where to add the URN yet as I have only got as far as the Pay section.

A couple more questions:
1. Do I need to book a TB test for an spouse visa extension?
2. Do I have to apply 28 days before my leave expires i.e my leave expires on 30/08/2020 so i must apply before 02/08/2020?
3. Do I need a Housing Fitness Report to prove accomodation is satisfactory ?
1. No
2. Not necessarily rather can be applied until the last date of expiry.
3. No unless you are sharing with none-related adults

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm

gorgon777 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:49 pm
gorgon777 wrote:
or

A couple more questions:
1. Do I need to book a TB test for an spouse visa extension? Not required for extension
2. Do I have to apply 28 days before my leave expires i.e my leave expires on 30/08/2020 so i must apply before 02/08/2020? You can apply till the last day of your Visa validity. However, you are eligible to apply from 28days days before reaching completing 30 months in the UK counted from the day of entry into UK.
3. Do I need a Housing Fitness Report to prove accommodation is satisfactory ?
Not required for extension

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 pm
gorgon777 wrote:

. For myself, is there an alterative method to prove I was living during the period?

No. Also personalized letters from someone confirming cohabitation most often carry no weight.
If there is no way, will my application be refused if there is a gap of a year of no proof of address? I do have letters addressed to my 1 year old son which fall in the gap but they are addressed ' To the parents of'.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:33 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am
If there is no way, will my application be refused if there is a gap of a year of no proof of address? I do have letters addressed to my 1 year old son which fall in the gap but they are addressed ' To the parents of'.
I don't think anyone can say with much certainty whether such a gap would be accepted or not; we can really only say what the requirements are and what any obvious areas for improvements might be. With so much being done online now, it doesn't necessarily have to be something that you actually received in the post as much as something that could have been sent in the post so things generated by online accounts like bank statements, pay slips, phone bills, insurance etc. might also be acceptable if you have any of those.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:23 am
seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 pm
gorgon777 wrote:

If you couldn't find anything then above letters for child to parents might work with covering letter.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am
If you couldn't find anything then above letters for child to parents might work with covering letter.
I have requested the below documents:
- GP Letter confirming I was registered at the GP in Nov-19 and Feb-20, and have been registered since Dec-17.
- Dentist Letter confirming I attended an appointment in Nov-19, and my address at the time, and my next appointment is Nov-20.

Would this suffice as proof of address?
geoeng wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:33 am
I don't think anyone can say with much certainty whether such a gap would be accepted or not; we can really only say what the requirements are and what any obvious areas for improvements might be. With so much being done online now, it doesn't necessarily have to be something that you actually received in the post as much as something that could have been sent in the post so things generated by online accounts like bank statements, pay slips, phone bills, insurance etc. might also be acceptable if you have any of those.
Unfortunately I have no online statements or slips I could generate either. I might be able to use a travel insurance document that states my address, is that also acceptable evidence?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:03 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 pm
seagul wrote:
- GP Letter confirming I was registered at the GP in Nov-19 and Feb-20, and have been registered since Dec-17.
- Dentist Letter confirming I attended an appointment in Nov-19, and my address at the time, and my next appointment is Nov-20.

geoeng wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:33 am
Unfortunately I have no online statements or slips I could generate either. I might be able to use a travel insurance document that states my address, is that also acceptable evidence? Yes, include it. At this point it is for you to get as much as possible for this cohabitation requirement.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:26 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 pm
seagul wrote:

These are acceptable types.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:44 am

Thank you all for your help!. After several weeks of calm, ive now submitted my application with the below evidence uploaded to each sections of the UKVCAS Website. The sections provided are a bit confusing at times as, for example, it asks for passports in Proof of Application but not in Proof of ID.

I have listed my evidence below, is there anything incorrect in the document placements in the below categories?

Proof of Identity / Travel History
My BRP
My Husband;s Passport
Property Owner's Passport

Proof of Application
My Current Passport
My Old Passport with all Stamped pages (as it shows the Leave to Enter Visa)
Part 1 and 2 of Signed Declaration Forms for Verification Checks
Spouse Declaration Form Signed

Other
Property Owner's No Objection Letter
Property Owner's Proof of Home Ownership
My Son's Birth Certificate
Letter of Support from my Husband

Residence In the UK
Myself
DWP National Insurance Letter 07/2018
NHS Maternity Exemption Letter 10/2018
NHS Pregnancy Test Letter 02/2019
GP Birth Appointment Letter 07/2019
DENTIST Appointment Letter (Dated Jul-20 but confirms my address when i had an appt in 11/2019)
GP Text Letter (Dated Jul-20 but confirms my address when I recieved a text from my GP 03/2020)
UU Water Bill (joint) 07/2020
My Spouse
BANK Statement 07/2018
BANK Statement 12/2018
NHS Prescription Certificate (PPC) 04/2019
DVLA Car Tax Refund 10/2019
eSURE Travel Insurance Letter 03/2020

Finances
6 Months of Payslips
6 Months of Bank Statements (Full Statements printed & stampted by Bank)
P60

Proof of Business
None

Life Events
Marriage Certificate in English
My Husband's Divorce Certificate(Both Aboslute and Nisi docs)
Photos of me, my hushand and child.
Whatsapp Chat Logs from past two years
Flight Itinerary for Holiday

Medical Information
None

Sponsors/Employment
Letter from Employer

Educational
IELTS A2 Certificate

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:20 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:44 am
Thank you all for your help!. After several weeks of calm, ive now submitted my application with the below evidence uploaded to each sections of the UKVCAS Website. The sections provided are a bit confusing at times as, for example, it asks for passports in Proof of Application but not in Proof of ID.

I have listed my evidence below, is there anything incorrect in the document placements in the below categories? While mostly trying to place the documents in correct categories, the overriding point is to ensure upload of all required documentary evidence to support the application you are making. Going through your list, it appears you have done a good job of the placements.

My BRP
My Husband;s Passport

Proof of Application
My Current Passport

Other

Residence In the UK
Myself
DENTIST Appointment Letter (Dated Jul-20 but confirms my address when i had an appt in 11/2019)
GP Text Letter (Dated Jul-20 but confirms my address when I recieved a text from my GP 03/2020)
My Spouse
BANK Statement 07/2018
BANK Statement 12/2018

Finances
6 Months of Payslips
P60

Proof of Business
None

Life Events

Medical Information
None

Sponsors/Employment
Letter from Employer

Educational
IELTS A2 Certificate
The below may be of no effect
P60

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 am

gorgon777 wrote:

I have listed my evidence below, is there anything incorrect in the document placements in the below categories?

My BRP
My Husband;s Passport

Proof of Application
My Current Passport

Other

Residence In the UK
Myself
My Spouse
BANK Statement 07/2018
BANK Statement 12/2018

Finances
6 Months of Payslips
P60

Proof of Business
None

Life Events

Medical Information
None

Sponsors/Employment
Letter from Employer

Educational
IELTS A2 Certificate
A lot of documents seems superfluous but won't impact negatively but there are couple of gaps between cohabitation evidences of other partner which hopefully might not be noticed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:22 pm

gorgon777 wrote:

My BRP
My Husband;s Passport
Property Owner's Passport NOT REQUIRED

Proof of Application
My Current Passport

Other

Residence In the UK
Myself
My Spouse
BANK Statement 07/2018
BANK Statement 12/2018

Finances
6 Months of Payslips
P60 NOT REQUIRED

Proof of Business
None

Life Events
Photos of me, my hushand and child. NOT REQUIRED
Whatsapp Chat Logs from past two years NOT REQUIRED
Flight Itinerary for Holiday NOT REQUIRED

Medical Information
None

Sponsors/Employment
Letter from Employer

Educational
IELTS A2 Certificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.