ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application with settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Help - application with settled status

Post by ptrh » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi all,
Apologies for yet another question related to applications through settled status route but I've now spent many hours trying to figure out how to answer to few questions and at this point I need help.

I received my settled status in February 2019, there are now few questions which confuse me:

Are you either:

An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

My answer to the question is NO - is that correct?

Then, few questions later:

Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK? (Required)
Answer 'No' if you do not have time restrictions on your stay for another reason. For example, you have a right of abode in the UK.

But there's no mention about EU Settlement Scheme, anyway if I put the date when I received a settled status, few questions further they ask:

Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application? (Required)
Read guidance about what a BRP is and see examples of what they look like and where to find the BRP number.
- Yes
- No, my BRP is lost or stolen
- No, I have already sent my BRP to the Home Office
- No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave

I never applied nor received any biometric residence permit, how do I proceed from this point?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help - application with settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:56 pm

1a. Answer is correct "no" -as you are relying on Settled Status.
1b. Answer should be "yes" - then option - you have ILR under EU Settled Status.
2. Answer should be no - don't have a card.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:56 pm
1b. Answer should be "yes" - then option - you have ILR under EU Settled Status.
Hello,

I think I am in the same situation as ptrh (EU citizen with ILR/EU Settled Status).
I have submitted my application and recently enrolled biometrics.
I have just realized that by mistake I answered "Yes" to 1a, because I thought the ILR could be considered as a permanent residence document ... :shock: ...Do you think my application will fail because of this ?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm

The options are clearly stated:
"An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document"
OR
"A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card"

Permanent residence card/document (DCPR) is a very specific document under EU regulations - presumable you have provided "UK Settled Status" details? As it's online they will find it - this will/should not lead to rejection of your application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by Pazol Azel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm
The options are clearly stated:
"An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document"
OR
"A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card"

Permanent residence card/document (DCPR) is a very specific document under EU regulations - presumable you have provided "UK Settled Status" details? As it's online they will find it - this will/should not lead to rejection of your application.
Thank you
:pray:

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:56 pm
Thanks @alterhase58

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

BC application with settled status

Post by ptrh » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 am

Hello,
I am about to submit my BC application, however, am concerned with few things and would greatly appreciate any guidance.
Scenario is as follows:
- EEA national in UK since 03.2013
- working from 01.05.2013 until 30.07.2018, then 1 day gap between jobs and started new job on 1.08.2018.
- received settled status on 19.02.2019
- 08.07.2020 finished job and started new on on 13.07.2020

With the above scenario is there anything I should worry about? Specifically, would that 1 day break in 2018 between jons cause me issues? What about 5 days break 2 months ago?

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC application with settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 am

ptrh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 am
Hello,
I am about to submit my BC application, however, am concerned with few things and would greatly appreciate any guidance.
Scenario is as follows:
- working from 01.05.2013 until 30.07.2018, then 1 day gap between jobs and started new job on 1.08.2018.

With the above scenario is there anything I should worry about? Specifically, would that 1 day break in 2018 between jons cause me issues? What about 5 days break 2 months ago?

Kind regards
There is nothing to worry about in the scenario, a few days between jobs are just a fact of life, as long as you can comply with all requirements. Whilst you have to provide your history Employment as such isn't a requirement.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:41 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 am

There is nothing to worry about in the scenario, a few days between jobs are just a fact of life, as long as you can comply with all requirements. Whilst you have to provide your history Employment as such isn't a requirement.
Many thanks for that reply as it calmed me down a bit! One more thing I wanted to ask regarding `evidence of freedom from immigration restrictions` - would employment history letter from HMRC for the past 5 years be enough to prove that?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 am

ptrh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:41 am
alterhase58 wrote:

Many thanks for that reply as it calmed me down a bit! One more thing I wanted to ask regarding `evidence of freedom from immigration restrictions` - would employment history letter from HMRC for the past 5 years be enough to prove that?
Evidence of freedom from immigration restrictions is your Settled Status, PR or ILR document.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:54 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 am

Evidence of freedom from immigration restrictions is your Settled Status, PR or ILR document.
I do not have a permanent residency card or ILR document. With settled status I was not issued with anything physical which I could present. What evidence should I use then, printed pdf confirming receiving settled status?

Many thanks for your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 am

ptrh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:54 am
alterhase58 wrote:

I do not have a permanent residency card or ILR document. With settled status I was not issued with anything physical which I could present. What evidence should I use then, printed pdf confirming receiving settled status?

Sorry I just gave the list of acceptable documents. You can upload the Settled Status confirmation - note all documents are scanned/uploaded, originals are no submitted.

mznstr
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by mznstr » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:26 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:10 am
ptrh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:54 am
alterhase58 wrote:

Sorry I just gave the list of acceptable documents. You can upload the Settled Status confirmation - note all documents are scanned/uploaded, originals are no submitted.
Hi alterhase58, I am in a very similar position and would appreciate your advice.
I am now looking into applying for British Citizenship and the Settled Status confirmation letter clearly states within it that 'This letter is not proof of your status' in bold.
Instead, I can go online and generate a code, which is valid for 30 days for somebody to check on my status.
My worry here is that the application will be reviewed after the code has expired (most likely).
What is your advice on this?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:01 pm

Upload the email and the code generated - either way they have you on their system.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:30 am

alterhase58 wrote:
ptrh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 am
Hello,
Scenario is as follows:

Kind regards
What about my partner who's in a similar situation as we came to uk together, except she started working in December 2013?
My concern here is CSI as we both didn't have between coming to uk and starting work.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:14 pm

If/when you are asked about CSI you'll have disclose that you didn't have it, as you weren't aware of it at the time. Though I doubt it. There have been no reports of applications being rejected due to CSI missing.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 pm

If/when you are asked about CSI you'll have disclose that you didn't have it, as you weren't aware of it at the time. Though I doubt they will ask. There have been no reports of applications being rejected due to CSI missing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:23 am

Thanks both! Went through the guidelines and it says there's a question about CSI, however, i checked my application form and can't find anything related to that. Do you know at what stage that question comes up or when I should disclose that information?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:56 am

Probably when you get the list of required documents. It may ask for CSI evidence, or reasons for not having it. If not then you should assume it's not required.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 pm

So I received a checklist of required documents and there was no mention of CSI neither for myself nor my wife. As per your response I'm assuming it's not required. I have also created an account on UKVCAS and waiting for appointments to become available. In the meantime I will upload all my supporting documents except for passports as if I understand it correctly this will be scanned during the appointment?

Also, am I right thinking that the below concerns only people applying to EU settlement scheme
EU Settlement Scheme applications

If you are applying through the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to scan and upload all of your supporting documents when making your application with UKVI. Please do not upload additional documents with your application when using the UKVCAS service.

You must bring your passport/travel document to your appointment, your Biometric Residence Permit is the only acceptable alternative if you do not have your passport/ travel document. Do not upload these documents to the UKVCAS website as we are required to scan your identity document during your appointment.

If you do not bring your passport/travel document and/or Biometric Residence Permit to your appointment we will be unable to continue with your appointment and you will be required to book another appointment.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 pm

We normally advise members to upload all documents, including passports and BRP.
Which document/link is this advice from?

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 pm

That’s a paragraph from *Prepare your documents for upload* on UKVCAS website, got me confused .

Just to confirm, as I already have settled status I should proceed and upload all documents on UKVCAS?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:36 am

Don't see why not - there's no explanation why Settled Status is any different from anyone else's status.
There is only one type of naturalisation application.

ptrh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by ptrh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Many thanks @alterhase58 for your patience with answering all my questions, hopefully this is the last one. I have uploaded (not yet submitted) all required documents, however my current passport has been issued in November 2016 so less than 5 years ago. Is that an issue? I am unable to find my previous passport and I am pretty sure I do not have it anymore

Again, thanks for your help