ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm
mals wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:51 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm
mals wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm

mystery solved, i actually paid little before midnight 30th June. Uploaded the docs later in early hour of 1st july. Don't feel as much guilty as I was feeling before haha.
!
hi can i ask if the button change colour when there are available slot? i applied on 22nd June, Thank you@
Yes (probably and the text will be different) and you can click and there will be at least one appointment slot. I didn't spend much time looking at these details tbh.
thank you

can i ask when was your most recent biometric with UKVI? Thank you.
I had a biometrics in jan 2019 during my T2 employer switch but didn't get any email regarding biometrics reuse.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:08 pm

gebe_top wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm
My application date was 30 June. In the email, they said that all application between 1-30 June can start booking an appointment.

I am just afraid if they asked me to rebook again and all full.
What was the earliest slot available?

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:09 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:55 pm
mals wrote:
ap1410 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm
mals wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 pm
I was checking for available appointment just like I do everyday.
I found a slot and booked it in few days time.

I am not sure how I got this despite submitting the application on 1st July.
What if I don't get an email from them inviting me to get an appointment?
are they going to turn me away 😟
That is strange - since they said it is only open to people who applied upto 30th of June and that they should receive an email before they book. An error in the system perhaps . But hope if you have got the slot that it goes well !! All the best
mystery solved, i actually paid little before midnight 30th June. Uploaded the docs later in early hour of 1st july. Don't feel as much guilty as I was feeling before haha.
What was the earliest slot available for?
Slot was available even today in london, Birmingham, cardif. But this disappeared for London/Croydon after a few refresh (along with other dates) in matter of 5 mins max.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:58 pm
Its just my speculation: Maybe once UKVCAS opens up to applicants within a certain date period, the system pushes out emails in alphabetical order rather than date order. As some reported receiving the email earlier than who applied on a previous date, it might be their email address starts with an Alphabet that comes first.
Any idea if they are going to send biometric reuse for June applicants? Haven’t heard anyone getting biometric biometric reuse email so far for June applicants

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:12 pm

mals wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:09 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
mals wrote:
ap1410 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm

That is strange - since they said it is only open to people who applied upto 30th of June and that they should receive an email before they book. An error in the system perhaps . But hope if you have got the slot that it goes well !! All the best
Slot was available even today in london, Birmingham, cardif. But this disappeared for London/Croydon after a few refresh (along with other dates) in matter of 5 mins max.
Thanks, also did you submit your documents to UKVI using the new option introduced last week by UKVCAS?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Its just my speculation: Maybe once UKVCAS opens up to applicants within a certain date period, the system pushes out emails in alphabetical order rather than date order. As some reported receiving the email earlier than who applied on a previous date, it might be their email address starts with an Alphabet that comes first.
Any idea if they are going to send biometric reuse for June applicants? Haven’t heard anyone getting biometric biometric reuse email so far for June applicants
Most probably yes. Will have to wait and see till 23rd.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:12 pm
mals wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
mals wrote:

Thanks, also did you submit your documents to UKVI using the new option introduced last week by UKVCAS?
Yes mate I submitted them as soon as the option was available. I've uploaded few not-so-important docs later which didn't get automatically submitted (does not say "Submitted" next to the file).

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:38 pm
    Daided wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm
    I submitted by online application on 5th of June and was now able to book an appointment at UKVCAS in Croydon.
    Now the great news is that I did not get any email confirmation with the QR codes, and no, is not in the spam folder.
    Has this happened to anyone? Booking an appointment but getting to email confirmation?
    My appointment shows up when I log into UKVCAS, but as I understand it's useless without the QR codes.

hi, does the date button change colour when there are avalaible slots?

thank you!
    As I recall, the slots had a slightly different shade of grey. But you could easily tell if there were slots available.
    I did get my email today that i could book an appointment now and was not eligible for re-use or biometrics.

Furthermore, I finally got my appointment confirmation email from UKVCAS after almost 2 hours of booking the appointment.

sustbd

Post by sustbd » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Paul99 wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:50 pm
    Does any June applicant got bi-metric reuse emails ?
    I have applied on June 22 but did not receive any email for appointment booking or bio-metric reuse. :(

mals
    Newly Registered
    Mood:
    Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Got an email from UKVCAS to get an appointment just 12 hours after doing it.
    This means that UKVI has confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not eligible for the new biometric reuse option so you must book an appointment to complete your visa application.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:38 pm

mals wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 pm
    VikasMandal wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:12 pm
    mals wrote:
    VikasMandal wrote:

Yes mate I submitted them as soon as the option was available. I've uploaded few not-so-important docs later which didn't get automatically submitted (does not say "Submitted" next to the file).

You can submit only once, any other documents uploaded after submission will be submitted to UKVI by UKVCAS agent on the day of your appointment

ps1234

Post by ps1234 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 am

I had applied Mid-June for an ILR under the standard process. Got an email yday to book my appointment, so have booked one for early next week now. We have young children so that is probably why our biometrics were not reused). Going to Croydon - there were enough appointments available - some even for today, tomorrow and next week was pretty much fully available. I could even see Saturday appointments - that was a pleasant surprise.
    However, I (my immigration lawyers paid) was charged £110 per person for booking the appointment - not sure why this was the case - are they milking the situation?

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:13 am

ps1234 wrote:
    Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 am
    I had applied Mid-June for an ILR under the standard process. Got an email yday to book my appointment, so have booked one for early next week now. We have young children so that is probably why our biometrics were not reused). Going to Croydon - there were enough appointments available - some even for today, tomorrow and next week was pretty much fully available. I could even see Saturday appointments - that was a pleasant surprise.
    However, I (my immigration lawyers paid) was charged £110 per person for booking the appointment - not sure why this was the case - are they milking the situation?
    If no free appointments were available, you have to pay. It has nothing to do with the current circumstances or "milking it". UKCVAS has had a range of free and paid appointments since they started doing biometrics in November 2018.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:42 am

Has anyone received biometric reuse email for the ones who applied in June?

tbp

Post by tbp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:59 am

ps1234 wrote:
    Yeah, they are clearly milking it. On twitter you can see that they are charging £810 for the last 2 appointments left for the next day. Nobody can say that this is justified. There are no free appointments until week commencing 17 August. All the appointments are £110. Most of these appointments are wasted. Clearly they have lots of free slots available but refusing to give them away for free.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 am

I applied on 22nd of June, and haven't heard anything from UKVCAS.

My employer emailed me when my visa was about to expire to ask my of my intentions etc. it expired on 17th July, now they have asked me they want to do the right to work checks and I have provided the consent and also my Unique reference number, anyone knows how that is done usually please?

Hopefully UKVI have the record of me submitting the application because they generated the UAN.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:32 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
    Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 am

My employer emailed me when my visa was about to expire to ask my of my intentions etc. it expired on 17th July, now they have asked me they want to do the right to work checks and I have provided the consent and also my Unique reference number, anyone knows how that is done usually please?

Hopefully UKVI have the record of me submitting the application because they generated the UAN.
    My understanding is if you give URN number they can check with home office ,is there anything more we need to do -I will be also in same boat very soon.
    Many Thanks .

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:36 am

Paul99 wrote:
    Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:32 am
    debrancherenzym wrote:

My understanding is if you give URN number they can check with home office ,is there anything more we need to do -I will be also in same boat very soon.
    Also nowdays priorty service is not there -STD application can go for a week to 6 months -they should know this current problems .

My company has back office people(who handle HR queries) in other countries but they are not aware of waht is going in UK
    Many Thanks .

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:58 am

tbp wrote:
    Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:59 am
    ps1234 wrote:
    Yeah, they are clearly milking it. On twitter you can see that they are charging £810 for the last 2 appointments left for the next day. Nobody can say that this is justified. There are no free appointments until week commencing 17 August. All the appointments are £110. Most of these appointments are wasted. Clearly they have lots of free slots available but refusing to give them away for free.
    Have you submitted any complaints to the HO? There is an absolute lack of respect for people's financial situation.....

needanapp
    Newly Registered
    Hong Kong

Post by needanapp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:07 am

Hi,

Since receiving the email to book an appointment yesterday - has anyone been successful? If so, can you let me know what time you booked and where? I've been checking really often but have been unsuccessful.

Thank!

tbp

Post by tbp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:09 am

Yeah I did. Awaiting response from the Home Office. Then I will see what are the next steps are. I am not giving up on this even if I get the ILR decision today.

ap1410
    - thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:50 am

CULLINAN wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm
    VikasMandal wrote:
    CULLINAN wrote:
    @CULLINAN : Is the ILR appointment backlog queue separate from the Tier 2 Visa appointment backlog queue ? It seems like the ILR appointment emails are coming earlier . Or am I just assuming this . I made an application for a Tier 2 Visa on June 15th and still waiting for an email for biometrics reuse or appointment bookings. Any idea or a guess?

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:53 am

ap1410 wrote:
    Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:50 am
    CULLINAN wrote:
    Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm
    VikasMandal wrote:
    CULLINAN wrote:
    @CULLILAN : Is the ILR appointment backlog queue separate from the Tier 2 Visa appointment backlog queue ? It seems like the ILR appointment emails are coming earlier . Or am I just assuming this . I made an application for a Tier 2 Visa on June 15th and still waiting for an email for biometrics reuse or appointment bookings. Any idea or a guess?
    I am not sure how this system is working and no one can really answer this with certainty. It is very clear, the system is not following the date of registration within the date range!! I am assuming, system either is following an alphabetical order OR applicants who are eligible for biometrics are receiving emails first, and reuse biometrics applicants will follow soon within the date range.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Daided
    Mexico

Post by Daided » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:54 am

debrancherenzym wrote:

My employer did their checks with my UAN, and yes, the Home Office confirmed them I can continue working legally for the next 6 months until my application is decided. If the application takes longer they have to do the check again with the same UAN.
    Don't worry, as long as you have your UAN, both your employer and landlord/estate agent can check whether they can legally employ you or offer a tenancy

FazT28
    Newly Registered
    Pakistan

Post by FazT28 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:56 am

debrancherenzym wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong. UAN number is not home office case ID/reference number? It’s UAN issued by UKVCAS for biometric appointment purposes only and Employer won’t be able to use this to check employer status. Employer needs home office case ID or reference number. isn’t it?