ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appointment in UKVCAS center after IDV app

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

FLR(M) - Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK

Post by subodhsharma » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I am a British citizen and my wife is applying for spouse extension visa after 2.5 year of current visa. I have got few doubt, appreciate if some one can help me to clarify following points :

1. My wife came to us in 2018 in spouse visa, she is applying for first visa extension to eligible for 5 year route ILR. If I am not wrong she should use FLR(M) application for her extension ?

2. I won a property in UK where we both live. What are the evidence we need to support for the point "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live" ?

Thanks in Advance, subbu

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) - Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:15 pm

subodhsharma wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:40 pm
Hi All,

I am a British citizen and my wife is applying for spouse extension visa after 2.5 year of current visa. I have got few doubt, appreciate if some one can help me to clarify following points :

1. My wife came to us in 2018 in spouse visa, she is applying for first visa extension to eligible for 5 year route ILR. If I am not wrong she should use FLR(M) application for her extension ?

2. I won a property in UK where we both live. What are the evidence we need to support for the point "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live" ?

Thanks in Advance, subbu
1. Yes
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

2. Just upload your title deeds, mortgage statement. Whilst not fully sure but "monthly housing cost" might only be relevant where someone meets the financial requirement through adequate maintenance.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

Next FLR(M)step after submitting application and supporting document

Post by subodhsharma » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am

Hi All,

My wife is applying for her first spouse visa extension FLR(M) after 2.5 living in UK. She is applying visa from UK. Her current visa expiration date is 04 Aug 2020. We have submitted the application on 15 July and also uploaded all supporting document in UKVCAS. As per the instruction, we should book an appointment for biometric but there is no appointment available before her visa expire date. I tried to reach out to UKVCAS by phone but it could not get through. I have gone through UKVCAS site which mentioned that they will reuse previous biometric for some applicant. Can you pls help me out to answer following points :
1. We have submitted the online application paying NHS surcharge and application fees. Also we have uploaded required document in UKVCAS site. Is there any action pending from outside ?
2. Do we need to contact UKVCAS to either appointment or re-use previous biometric ?
3. Here employer keep on asking her to provide renewed visa, they may take action if we won’t provide renewed visa before existing one expired. If my understanding is correct, my wife stay will consider legal as long as she submitted the application before expire date and waiting for decision?

Regards, Subbu

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Next FLR(M)step after submitting application and supporting document

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 am

subodhsharma wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am
Hi All,

My wife is applying for her first spouse visa extension FLR(M) after 2.5 living in UK. She is applying visa from UK. Her current visa expiration date is 04 Aug 2020. We have submitted the application on 15 July and also uploaded all supporting document in UKVCAS. As per the instruction, we should book an appointment for biometric but there is no appointment available before her visa expire date. I tried to reach out to UKVCAS by phone but it could not get through. I have gone through UKVCAS site which mentioned that they will reuse previous biometric for some applicant. Can you pls help me out to answer following points :
1. We have submitted the online application paying NHS surcharge and application fees. Also we have uploaded required document in UKVCAS site. Is there any action pending from outside ?
2. Do we need to contact UKVCAS to either appointment or re-use previous biometric ?
3. Here employer keep on asking her to provide renewed visa, they may take action if we won’t provide renewed visa before existing one expired. If my understanding is correct, my wife stay will consider legal as long as she submitted the application before expire date and waiting for decision?

Regards, Subbu
1. Just wait
2. No. They will contact you soon
3. Yes correct under section 3C
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

visa expire soon, still not receive any email

Post by subodhsharma » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:24 am

Hi All,
My wife has recently applied spouse extension visa FLR(M) after 2.5 year stay in UK. Her current visa validity is till 04 Aug 2020. As per the instruction, she have submitted the visa application form and uploaded all relevant documents in UKVCAS site. I am now trying to book appointment for Biometric, however could not find any free slot till my visa expiration data. It has been week since we submitted the application, however we have not yet receive any email from UKVCAS. We got the application reference number while submit the application but we have not got any email confirmation which say the application submitted successfully. We are bit worried as the visa will expire in next two week. Appreciate if someone can share some thought or guidance on this.

Regards, Subbu

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: visa expire soon, still not receive any email

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 am

subodhsharma wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:24 am
Hi All,
My wife has recently applied spouse extension visa FLR(M) after 2.5 year stay in UK. Her current visa validity is till 04 Aug 2020. As per the instruction, she have submitted the visa application form and uploaded all relevant documents in UKVCAS site. I am now trying to book appointment for Biometric, however could not find any free slot till my visa expiration data. It has been week since we submitted the application, however we have not yet receive any email from UKVCAS. We got the application reference number while submit the application but we have not got any email confirmation which say the application submitted successfully. We are bit worried as the visa will expire in next two week. Appreciate if someone can share some thought or guidance on this.

Regards, Subbu
As long as you have applied before the leave expires, I believe the conditions of the expiring visa still stands until the new application is decided. Nothing to worry about
I have read that for some people they are reusing the finger prints on file. All they do is send you an email how to send them a digital up to date photo of you and you don't need bio-metrics appointment.

Check even your spam folder

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by subodhsharma » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 am
subodhsharma wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:24 am
Hi All,

Regards, Subbu
As long as you have applied before the leave expires, I believe the conditions of the expiring visa still stands until the new application is decided. Nothing to worry about
I have read that for some people they are reusing the finger prints on file. All they do is send you an email how to send them a digital up to date photo of you and you don't need bio-metrics appointment.

Check even your spam folder
Hi There,

My wife current visa will expire tomorrow. It has be almost three week since we submitted the document, however we have not yet received any mail from UKVCAS or UKVA. I am now bit worry. Is there any one who has passed through similar situation as mine...Appropriate if can share his/her experience pls.

Regards, Subbu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Ukcvas is still dealing with June applicants. You simply need to wait to hear and be contacted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

applied on july 15 but still waiting for invitation for IDV app

Post by subodhsharma » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am

Hello,

My wife applied for FLR(M) on 15th July and uploaded all relevant documents in UKVCAS site. She received mail on 6th Aug that she eligible to reuse Biometric and soon be invited for IDV app. Since then she have not received any invitation to used IDV app. As per latest update publish in UKVAS site, all applicant applied before 31st July will received IDV app invitation by 7 September. In ourcase we still have not receive any invitation yet. We are bit nervous.

Yesterday we received below mail from flrmdocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk, the mail content is very confusing. Appreciate if some once can share some though on this pls.

PLEASE QUOTE REF: XXXXX IN ANY CORRESPONDENCE.

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself, have been closed. Some centres are now opening with limited capacity so you may now be able to get an appointment – it is important you attend if an appointment is offered.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards.
Yours sincerely
FLRM VALIDATION
HOME OFFICE

arjay

Re: applied on july 15 but still waiting for invitation for IDV app

Post by arjay » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:40 am

subodhsharma wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am
Hello,

My wife applied for FLR(M) on 15th July and uploaded all relevant documents in UKVCAS site. She received mail on 6th Aug that she eligible to reuse Biometric and soon be invited for IDV app. Since then she have not received any invitation to used IDV app. As per latest update publish in UKVAS site, all applicant applied before 31st July will received IDV app invitation by 7 September. In ourcase we still have not receive any invitation yet. We are bit nervous.

Yesterday we received below mail from flrmdocuments@homeoffice.gov.uk, the mail content is very confusing. Appreciate if some once can share some though on this pls.

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself, have been closed. Some centres are now opening with limited capacity so you may now be able to get an appointment – it is important you attend if an appointment is offered.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.

Kind regards.
Yours sincerely
FLRM VALIDATION
HOME OFFICE
They are basically saying there will be a delay in processing your application but your permission to stay in the UK is extended until they have dealt with your application and reached their decision.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: applied on july 15 but still waiting for invitation for IDV app

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:43 pm

subodhsharma wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am
Hello,

Kind regards.
Yours sincerely
FLRM VALIDATION
HOME OFFICE
Section 3C activated by your in time application so you maintain same rights as conferred by previous leave.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

suspend from work while visa application in process

Post by subodhsharma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Dear All,

It would be a great help if someone from community can provide some suggestion or guidance on our below situation.

My wife had applied for FLRM on 15th July 2020 just three week before her initial visa got expired. Due to Covid19 visa decision got delayed and her Biometric card got expired. However we received mail from UKVA that her immigration status will remain same till the time UKVA not completed the decision. UKVA suggested to re-use previous submitted biometric and ask her to use IDV app. We submitted all documents via IDV App on 10th Aug. We are now waiting for decision. My wife works in one of leading UK Company. She has provide her FLRM application number and the UKVA mail to her company to proof that her visa decision is pending with home office and home office is working on it. In the mean time her company has contracted home office to check her right to work status (ECS) after her biometric card got expired, however they did not receive any reply from office for more than 4 weeks. They send another reminder mail to home office, still they are waiting to get reply from home office. Yesterday her company suspended her from work by giving reason they unable to confirm her right to work status from home office. We try to reach out to home office in different helpline number (Covid19 help line number, ECS help line number) but so far we have not got any help from those help line number. We are very nervous, she might be loose her job, her company will try to find a replacement if she will suspended for longtime. Is there any way we can try to reach out to home office (a right Home office team or help line) who can help us on her situation.

Regards, Subodh

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: suspend from work while visa application in process

Post by Korekt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 pm

subodhsharma wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 pm
We submitted all documents via IDV App on 10th Aug. We are now waiting for decision.
Is the above date correct?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

arjay

Re: suspend from work while visa application in process

Post by arjay » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:02 pm

subodhsharma wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 pm
Dear All,

It would be a great help if someone from community can provide some suggestion or guidance on our below situation.

My wife had applied for FLRM on 15th July 2020 just three week before her initial visa got expired. Due to Covid19 visa decision got delayed and her Biometric card got expired. However we received mail from UKVA that her immigration status will remain same till the time UKVA not completed the decision. UKVA suggested to re-use previous submitted biometric and ask her to use IDV app. We submitted all documents via IDV App on 10th Aug. We are now waiting for decision. My wife works in one of leading UK Company. She has provide her FLRM application number and the UKVA mail to her company to proof that her visa decision is pending with home office and home office is working on it. In the mean time her company has contracted home office to check her right to work status (ECS) after her biometric card got expired, however they did not receive any reply from office for more than 4 weeks. They send another reminder mail to home office, still they are waiting to get reply from home office. Yesterday her company suspended her from work by giving reason they unable to confirm her right to work status from home office. We try to reach out to home office in different helpline number (Covid19 help line number, ECS help line number) but so far we have not got any help from those help line number. We are very nervous, she might be loose her job, her company will try to find a replacement if she will suspended for longtime. Is there any way we can try to reach out to home office (a right Home office team or help line) who can help us on her situation.

Regards, Subodh
Why not provide her employer with a copy of the HO guidelines confirming that her immigration status will continue as is until the HO make their decision. Or this extract from the HO email that you quoted above.
However we received mail from UKVA that her immigration status will remain same till the time UKVA HAVE completed the decision.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by subodhsharma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Thanks for quick reply.
We did provided HO email and guideline to her employer. However as per their company policy they need to do ECS check after visa got expired. Hence they are waiting for HO ECS check reply. Any suggestion to reach home office on this to get some help. thanks

Regards, Subodh

sam550

Post by sam550 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:22 pm

That’s very unfair - my ECS check came back after 4 days, are you sure your company is using correct details of your wife ? Make sure to confirm the details with employer ?

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by subodhsharma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:20 am

Unfortunately my wife company's central team do the ECS check and we unable to reach or challenge them for ECS check. Is there any home office number or helpline number who can help us to check ECS check replay to her employer.

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

Suspended from work while FLRM in process

Post by subodhsharma » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:17 pm

It would be helpful if someone pls suggest for my above query.

Regards, Subodh

sam550

Post by sam550 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello,

Can you ask her employer to check through this by generating a code ? https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/view/share-code

Or even this service: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

subodhsharma
Newly Registered
India

appointment in UKVCAS center after IDV app

Post by subodhsharma » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 am

Hi All,

My wife applied for Spouse visa extension FLR(M) on 15th July, she received invitation to re-use biometric and submitted all required information via IDV app on 10th Sep. She has some travel plan in next few week. I came to know from forum visa approval process via biometric reuse IDV is very slow, we are planning to attend for face to face biometric in UKVCAS center. I just check online, no appointment is available in any UKVCAS center in London or nearby London.

Is there any way we can request for appointment to submit biometric in UKVCAS center?

Regards, Subodh

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: appointment in UKVCAS center after IDV app

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am

subodhsharma wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 am
Hi All,

My wife applied for Spouse visa extension FLR(M) on 15th July, she received invitation to re-use biometric and submitted all required information via IDV app on 10th Sep. She has some travel plan in next few week. I came to know from forum visa approval process via biometric reuse IDV is very slow, we are planning to attend for face to face biometric in UKVCAS center. I just check online, no appointment is available in any UKVCAS center in London or nearby London.

Is there any way we can request for appointment to submit biometric in UKVCAS center?

Regards, Subodh
It is for you to decline use of IDV app and keep checking for available appointments at UKVCAS

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:59 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am
It is for you to decline use of IDV app and keep checking for available appointments at UKVCAS
OP has stated they submitted via the app on 10th September.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:03 pm

subodhsharma wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:13 am
Hi All,

Regards, Subodh
You could have asked this in your other thread.

Are you not able to see any appointments at all? If you really need to, you have the option of contacting UKVCAS by telephone to book an appointment.