ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT help for South Africa visit

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ProfBenj
Newly Registered

URGENT help for South Africa visit

Post by ProfBenj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:31 pm

My wife and I (UK residents) are booked to go to SA in May this year, partly an academic trip and partly holiday. I am straightforward UK citizen, but my wife is the problem(!).
She was born in SA (1955) of UK parents, so has both UK citizenship and SA (and still has her SA ID card), but has only ever held a UK passport. It now seems (from the SA official website and phone calls) that she can't enter SA on her UK passport (because she still holds SA citizenship). The choices are to (1) apply for a temporary plus a full SA passport (2) renounce her SA citizenship - which she is willing to do, but it takes up to 6 months - or (3) get some form of emergency travel document to enter SA, but has been warned she then won't be able to leave SA on her UK passport (penalty of up to 1 year in jail!!).
To make matters worse she has not had her birth certicate (issued in Durban) for many years, and that is needed for most applications.
We are stuck! Are there any agencies who can try to work through or round the system for us, witin a month, so we can complete our plans? HELP!

a_bentz
Newly Registered

Post by a_bentz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:18 pm

do you want to pm me i might be able to offer some advice

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Have you sorted it out?

wv_girl
Newly Registered

Post by wv_girl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 pm

macaroni wrote:Have you sorted it out?
what happened?